Nemesis

Dan9

I don't think nemesis alone is a stand out draw at least for a bit of the GP (of course it is for enthusiasts and for quite a few if the GP as well), as people at the moment still come for the smiler and its fandabydosie 14 inversions, all my friends in college and work just want to go for that ride my friend preferred smiler for that reason. Not saying that's my opinion because I pretty much only go for nemesis lol but yeah when ever I go Nemesis always has a small queue whereas Air's is huge, now that might be due to capacity of said rides and I'm not saying it isn't popular because it sure darn is!! but I would definitely say every time I have gone Air has been the more popular of the Forbidden Valley rides, so who knows maybe because of this maybe Merlin thinks it needs a stupid gimmick, who knows but yeah I'd rather it stay as perfect as it is now and it not be ruined...

It would provide something new for thrill hunters at a relativity low cost. This does seem to be very much just a rumour. Only turning 1 train around would cause chaos in the station so that alone I don't think they would do it. Also if you were going to do that, they would have advertised it a bit more. No point in adding something new if you don't tell anyone. 

Well it is a simple conversion to run the trains backwards. It doesn't need major new parts made like swarm did. I doubt they will run it backwards though, however I guess it is possible. 

Needs a completely new train so the conversion wouldn't be that simple. Would also hit capacity quite a lot and considering Nemesis has always been about the journey and interaction with the scenery, backwards would completely wreck that. 

I could take it if it was a year though. Anything more concrete and well...

Oh going backwards is not a gimmick It's just an experience surely they want to do something for thrill seekers/Enthusiasts this year... it is all speculation though   

"gimmick
/ˈɡɪmɪk/
noun
noun: gimmick; plural noun: gimmicks
a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or trade."

"experience
/ɪkˈspɪərɪəns,ɛk-/
noun
noun: experience; plural noun: experiences
1. practical contact with and observation of facts or events.
2. an event or occurrence which leaves an impression on someone."

Oh going backwards is not a gimmick It's just an experience surely they want to do something for thrill seekers/Enthusiasts this year... it is all speculation though   

Besides, backwards on an Inverter isn't that good. It's different but it's far less intense then going forwards.

"gimmick
/ˈɡɪmɪk/
noun
noun: gimmick; plural noun: gimmicks
a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or trade."

"experience
/ɪkˈspɪərɪəns,ɛk-/
noun
noun: experience; plural noun: experiences
1. practical contact with and observation of facts or events.
2. an event or occurrence which leaves an impression on someone."

I guess that makes everything in every theme park a gimmick then? ;) 

I'm not sure if backwards Nemesis would be possible. Backwards Batman has one less row than forwards. Would Nemesis even make it through the first inversion?

The weight of the train and the coefficient of friction would be the same backwards as it is forward. The only change is the centre of mass would be moved ever so slightly, not enough to make a difference. I'm not sure why the backwards train has one less row, I'm assuming it's so it can go to any six flags park. However Nemesis backwards would be possible and in theroy still have all of its rows.

The weight of the train won't be the same if there's one less row...

And the coefficient of friction could be changed easily via different wheels (via different materials)...

I also think all the Batmans in Six Flags are 8 rows, Inferno was the first 7 row Invert or sommat daft if I recall correctly... So the removed row is pretty much in order to change the train around a little bit, since the effects of backwards riding change immensely (through the different forces/vibrations acting upon the train/riders)... Indeed, the lost weight is probably part of this solution...