Park Music

humjosh

I'm glad Thorpe will at least refresh the audio for fright nights. The director sound clips are getting really old now, may be tempted to visit seeing how press night goes. Been watching a lot of American vlogs though and the events over there are insanely good. Even Tim Tracker transformed into a vampire looked better than the actors at Thorpe!

7 hours ago, Marc said:

I think (am pretty certain) if Colossus and inferno opened with their imascore music and had been changed to their old ones recently we would be having the exact same conversation tbh!

I don't necessarily agree with this; Galactica for example, I much prefer the new music to the previous Air track.  With Nemesis Inferno and Colossus on the other hand, the new music just feels less impressive, more generic and much less atmospheric than the old ones IMO.

Edited by Coaster

See, I didn’t even remember that they were still using the director announcements (or indeed what they even sounded like!) until seeing the posts here. Had to YouTube it to jog my memory :lol: 

But I’ll never forget the good old stuff! :D:wub:

Even my brother (not an enthusiast!) said how creepy the Humpty Dumpty theme on Detty was :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a listen to the previews and I gotta be honest, but I like what I'm hearing! Sure, it doesn't top the days of Midnight Syndicate pre-2012, but it's far better than what I've heard ever since the Lionsgate takeover in 2013 and the Walking Dead loop from last year. Great to see each ride have their own identity once again for this event.

• 4 months later...

Oh, and what if I returned Eclipse (Ferris Wheel) back to the island, and use all IMAScore music of Lost City (Lost City, The Power of Ten, An Ancient Force, Secrets in the Ruins), as a whole music piece for the queue line. And I would return the old soundtrack back to Colossus, and the ambience back to Zodiac, Vortex, Quantum and Rush. Won't that be nice as well?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ever since the start of this season, I do not know whether this is intentional or not, but the park across the affected areas seem to be playing some oddly edited and severely shortened versions of their IMAscore tracks they got made a couple of years ago and as of 27/04/19, none of this has been rectified still.

To give an example, I have noticed the entrance audio played at admissions and over the bridge has been shortened down to just 12 minutes in length before it fades out and loops again, meaning 18 minutes worth is no longer presently being played.

The Shark Hotel's walkway I noticed is playing a shorter variant of the Port & Basecamp track, and the Dome's interior plays the Shark Hotel theme. These have been muddled up and swapped.

And as for Lost City/Colossus, The Jungle/Inferno, it's the same story - the shorter variant is being played across these areas, not the full version.

And where's the end of day audio they used across the park last year which played bang-on closing time which I believe was the Shark Hotel audio? Last year it worked really, really well as an end of day track I thought, but now there's nothing played across the park anymore.

But maybe I'm just imagining things with these differences I have listed, so has anyone else noticed too?

My Idea For My Opinion

Both Admissions and Port & Basecamp

Epic Sunset

An Island Like No Other

Endless Fun

Thrills On The Horizon

Marooned

Cast Away

Message In A Bottle

Driftwood

Jawsome

Island Chill Out

Thorpe Shark Hotel

End Of Day (IMAScore)

Eclipse

Lost City

The Power Of 10

An Ancient Force

Secrets In The Ruins

Colossus

Original Soundtrack

I'm a Celebrity Maze

I'm a Celebrity Theme

The Hum Of The Canopy

Jungle Odyssey

Nemesis Inferno

Original Soundtrack

Inferno Reigns

So anyway, what do you think?

Have also noticed Colossus / Lost City, Inferno and the Entrance playing shorter versions of their full tracks which is a shame along with the dome and shark hotel music mixed up.

On that subject Colossus station has also had its ambient track switched to the ones with the birds which was used back in 2007? The original is much better IMO and goes with the announcement better.

On the flip side the entrance Musics been turned up which was much needed! Saws outdoor queue finally has audio back too. Noticed The Swarm station audio was again much louder today which was good to hear! Hopefully the shorter / mixed up tracks is a easy fix!

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Have also noticed Colossus / Lost City, Inferno and the Entrance playing shorter versions of their full tracks which is a shame along with the dome and shark hotel music mixed up.

On that subject Colossus station has also had its ambient track switched to the ones with the birds which was used back in 2007? The original is much better IMO and goes with the announcement better.

On the flip side the entrance Musics been turned up which was much needed! Saws outdoor queue finally has audio back too. Noticed The Swarm station audio was again much louder today which was good to hear! Hopefully the shorter / mixed up tracks is a easy fix!

The Swarm with the louder volume is just what I have expected, finally. I wish The Swarm could add more announcements, just like I have made my own!

And at least I have my Thorpe audio files on my hard drive USB, with a lot of bonus files that I have made up with, even that any attraction would have existed before!

They’re currently playing the old end of day music after close. The one from 2002(?)-2011 I believe. A great shame really, the music from the Shark Hotel they were playing last year was much nicer. Definitely one of the better imascore tracks, and it fit really nicely as a “winding down” sort of piece. 

The 2002-2011 one is just far too lively and in your face.