humjosh

Park Music

But what if... I can use Inferno Reigns (IMAScore), as an extension for the original soundtrack of Nemesis inferno, so I would like to have the music with old and new together. Won't that be nice?

Oh, and what if I returned Eclipse (Ferris Wheel) back to the island, and use all IMAScore music of Lost City (Lost City, The Power of Ten, An Ancient Force, Secrets in the Ruins), as a whole music piece for the queue line. And I would return the old soundtrack back to Colossus, and the ambience back to Zodiac, Vortex, Quantum and Rush. Won't that be nice as well?

6 hours ago, Themeparkwizard said:

Just wondering, does anyone have a copy or atleast a recording of the new Detonator Bombs Away audio? I've been trying to find it for a while

I have found it once, but when I got back months later, it must have been gone.

Ever since the start of this season, I do not know whether this is intentional or not, but the park across the affected areas seem to be playing some oddly edited and severely shortened versions of their IMAscore tracks they got made a couple of years ago and as of 27/04/19, none of this has been rectified still.

To give an example, I have noticed the entrance audio played at admissions and over the bridge has been shortened down to just 12 minutes in length before it fades out and loops again, meaning 18 minutes worth is no longer presently being played.

The Shark Hotel's walkway I noticed is playing a shorter variant of the Port & Basecamp track, and the Dome's interior plays the Shark Hotel theme. These have been muddled up and swapped.

And as for Lost City/Colossus, The Jungle/Inferno, it's the same story - the shorter variant is being played across these areas, not the full version.

And where's the end of day audio they used across the park last year which played bang-on closing time which I believe was the Shark Hotel audio? Last year it worked really, really well as an end of day track I thought, but now there's nothing played across the park anymore.

But maybe I'm just imagining things with these differences I have listed, so has anyone else noticed too?

My Idea For My Opinion

Both Admissions and Port & Basecamp

Epic Sunset

An Island Like No Other

Endless Fun

Thrills On The Horizon

Marooned

Cast Away

Message In A Bottle

Driftwood

Jawsome

Island Chill Out

Thorpe Shark Hotel

End Of Day (IMAScore)

Lost City Entrances

Lost City

The Power Of 10

An Ancient Force

Secrets In The Ruins

Colossus

Original Soundtrack

The Jungle Entrances

The Hum Of The Canopy

Jungle Odyssey

Nemesis Inferno

Original Soundtrack

Inferno Reigns

So anyway, what do you think?

Edited by 08newmanb

Have also noticed Colossus / Lost City, Inferno and the Entrance playing shorter versions of their full tracks which is a shame along with the dome and shark hotel music mixed up.

On that subject Colossus station has also had its ambient track switched to the ones with the birds which was used back in 2007? The original is much better IMO and goes with the announcement better.

On the flip side the entrance Musics been turned up which was much needed! Saws outdoor queue finally has audio back too. Noticed The Swarm station audio was again much louder today which was good to hear! Hopefully the shorter / mixed up tracks is a easy fix!

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Have also noticed Colossus / Lost City, Inferno and the Entrance playing shorter versions of their full tracks which is a shame along with the dome and shark hotel music mixed up.

On that subject Colossus station has also had its ambient track switched to the ones with the birds which was used back in 2007? The original is much better IMO and goes with the announcement better.

On the flip side the entrance Musics been turned up which was much needed! Saws outdoor queue finally has audio back too. Noticed The Swarm station audio was again much louder today which was good to hear! Hopefully the shorter / mixed up tracks is a easy fix!

The Swarm with the louder volume is just what I have expected, finally. I wish The Swarm could add more announcements, just like I have made my own!

And at least I have my Thorpe audio files on my hard drive USB, with a lot of bonus files that I have made up with, even that any attraction would have existed before!

They’re currently playing the old end of day music after close. The one from 2002(?)-2011 I believe. A great shame really, the music from the Shark Hotel they were playing last year was much nicer. Definitely one of the better imascore tracks, and it fit really nicely as a “winding down” sort of piece. 

The 2002-2011 one is just far too lively and in your face. 

42 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

They’re currently playing the old end of day music after close. The one from 2002(?)-2011 I believe. A great shame really, the music from the Shark Hotel they were playing last year was much nicer. Definitely one of the better imascore tracks, and it fit really nicely as a “winding down” sort of piece. 

And so continues the lack of directive from either the park or its parent company over what should be the warm goodbye at the end of your visit and enticing you to come back. Basically, whoever has the reigns over the system and the files available has the deciding vote. Tragic!

1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

They’re currently playing the old end of day music after close. The one from 2002(?)-2011 I believe. 

That’s great for me!

Think they should go back to playing this at the end of the day:

The chorus would certainly work...

Just when it can't get worse
I've had $#!t day
You've had a $#!t day
We've had a $#!t day

Also, I swear at closure now this season around 6:30pm the park play briefly that cursed siren noise from years ago which was the most detestable thing to hear imaginable..... :bad:

What. Was. Wrong. With. Last. Year's. End. Of. Day. Track. Thorpe?

25 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Think they should go back to playing this at the end of the day:

The chorus would certainly work...

Reveal hidden contents

Aha I remember when they used to play The Noise park wide at the end of the day *shudders* ... I agree the shark hotel

music does work well as an end of day track - that said the original one isn’t a bad bit of music either although not sure how much it suits anymore.

12 minutes ago, Marhelorpe said:

Also, I swear at closure now this season around 6:30pm the park play briefly that cursed siren noise from years ago which was the most detestable thing to hear imaginable..... :bad:

What. Was. Wrong. With. Last. Year's. End. Of. Day. Track. Thorpe?

Nothing - it was perfect. 

My favourite will always be the original, just like the incredible orchestral entrance soundtrack.

I'd go as far as to say that Thorpe' music around 2008ish was just incredible across the whole park.  Every area had its own unique feel, there was lots of fun, quirky music and the park just had a really good atmosphere.  The playlists such as WTTP and Canada Creek fitted in so well back then.  Fun things like Rumba's old theme have since been replaced with dull forgettable tracks? Why?

It does however appear that once again the park don't really know what they're doing.  Why go to the extent of changing and reworking the entire park audio to the IMAScore stuff if you're just going to change it back a few years later?  How does one old theme fit when everything else is still playing the new theme?  Also they've literally torn all of the old theming out of the dome, the theming that the music was designed around.  How does the old fun end of day track fit in with the corporate bland screens in the dome now?

It's almost as though the disjointed way the park runs and advertises has found its way into the audio as well now!  It's like no forward thought or planning goes into any of the decisions made at that place.  Baffling.