Park Music

humjosh

I don't really like the idea of chart music inside the park itself. When it was first introduced around the turnstile area, I backed up the idea because it provided a good atmosphere to an area of the park that has no apparent theme and therefore nothing to clash with.Then it spread to the Dome, which whilst I wasn't happy with, I could cope with it and it didn't bother me too much. But now, with it playing out on park, I feel really disheartened by it all. Chart music does not belong in a theme park where it clashes with established themes. Bring back the themed music for the themed areas of the park.

I dont mind the beach and the dome, but the entrance is the GRAND entrance to Thorpe. It shouldnt be Cheryl Cole and Black Eyed Peas, it should be Thorpe Park.

One example of amazing atmosphere at the entrance, when they played Duck Sauce by Barbra Streisand. Absolutely everyone at the entrance was singing and dancing to it, put you in such a great mood for the rest of the day!

• 2 weeks later...

One example of amazing atmosphere at the entrance, when they played Duck Sauce by Barbra Streisand. Absolutely everyone at the entrance was singing and dancing to it, put you in such a great mood for the rest of the day!

I'm sure it did create a great atmosphere... for people who like that song.I think it's a horrific song personally and would completely spoil the atmosphere for me. Themed music creates an atmosphere for a themed area, fair enough the entrance doesn't have any specific theme but look at what having themed music did for Alton Towers back when it used the original Towers Street, everyone knew it and associated it with magical Alton Towers. Having somebody going oooh ooohooohh ooohh oooh Barbara Streisand oooh ooooh ooooh isn't going to have that effect at all but I suppose it's going to keep it's target audience happy and that's all that matters.If I wanted to hear chart music I'd put my TV on, I go to theme parks for escapism from every day life. Well at least I used to.

Was at the park today and the park music was suffering issues in several areas all day. Flying Fish would play the flume tune a few seconds and then stop and restart, Saw would occasionally play Rush sound effects, Slammer was playing Lost City music, Nemesis Inferno's station music had a habit if stopping and restarting, X queue line was in silence except for one corner in the corridor (even the ramps were silent, and the bright white light bulbs extinguish any possibility of an atmosphere).

Visited for the first time since october as a guest yesturday and was pretty mixed over the music on the back half the park. Inferno had the cannons on which was nice, if a bit distorted. Nice to hear Colossus with the Beatbed theme and it was fantastic that they have extended the Canada Creek PA all the way to Inferno. My only bug with that is the loop of music thats on it. Mix of Texas, Jessica Simpson, Madonna, Gaga, Mumford, KT Tunstall, Shania, Kings of Leon and Bon Jovi. Now it does create a nice calm feel, but the songs are just not powerful enough to make a great, lively country atmosphere that CC had with the old songs. The old songs were fun and memorable. Half the songs are not even country and some are even English, which is not right at all! No songs stand out. They really need to rethink that loop. There are plenty of modern american Country songs that would fit that loop a lot better. I know they want this 'in' and 'now' kinda feel to the park, but why not go halfs? Mix the old and new and not a mix of stuff that we brits have heard a million times over. I've come up with a tracklist that takes modern/old proper country music together:Jason Aldean - Dirt Road AnthemBlake Shelton - Honey BeeThe Band Perry - If I Die YoungLuke Bryan - Country GirlJake Owen - Bearfoot Blue Jean NightTaylor Swift - MeanEric Church - Homeboy SugarLand - Stuck Like GlueBlake Shelton - Hillbilly BoneLady Antebellum - I Run To YouShania Twain - Man I Feel Like A WomanDolly Parton - Together You And IDolly Parton - 9 - 5Glen Campbell - Rhinestone CowboyBellamy Brothers - Let You Love FlowFrankie Lane - RawhideTaylor Swift - Long LiveBluegrass - Paradise CityLynn Anderson - Rose GardenDolly Parton - Why'd You Come In Here Looking Like ThatJerry Reed - Eastbound and DownLeroy Van Dyke - The Auctioneer Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky HeartScooch - Maybe TomorrowWendell Ferguson - Luck of the DrawlBrooks and Dunn - Boot Scootin' BoogieThat would be nice all mixed up.Then theres the Neptunes tracklist. Though I think this really effects The Fish that Flys, Its really quite fun having music in that area, but its the kids area and R 'n' B is a very bad genre and creates a very dark horrible atmosphere. That tracklist should be more fun, light and cheerful!Been trying to think of the types of songs for here and I've gone for a Cheesy, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, Early 00's, Dance, Pop mix:Venga Boys - Boom Boom Boom BoomYolanda Be Cool & Dcup - We Speak No Americano Ozzy - Crazy TrainHampton the Hamster - The Hamsterdance SongBloodhound Gang - The Bad TouchI got a feeling - Black Eye PeasSurfin Bird - TrashmenDj Sammy - HeavenLove Shack - B52'sDJ Casper - Cha Cha SlideDarude - SandstormWhip it - DevoACDC - Shoot to ThrillBeach Boys - Wipe outThe Rocky Horror Picture Show - Time WarpEurope - Final CountdownB52's - Rock LobsterMC Hammer - U can't touch this5678 - StepsTHE O'JAYS - Love trainGuru Josh Project - InfinityPerfect Day - Legaly Blond themeTim Burg - Seek RomanceKim Wilde - Kids in AmericaBuggles - Video killed the Radio starBelinda Carlisle - Heaven is a place on earthJive Bunny - Swing The Mood Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand That sort of thing. Cheesy fun stuff. Could even through it a bit of Aqua...X has very suited music at the moment. Kinda reminds me of Kevin and Perry Go Large... (

) ESPECIALY the bit at 1:40 - 1:50.

• 2 weeks later...

hey does anyone have a link to the old detonator music like during 2005 and before? I remember it was good but I can't remember how it went and I can't seem to find it anywhere sorry if this has already been posted somewhere though :)

thanks, I might be going mad here but was there like I'm sure that around that time but possibly the year before there was a different track they played, its really annoying cause I cant remember how it went I just remember it really gave it a gd atmosphere but I might have got this completely wrong

I'm not a fan of chart music but It is by far better on the beach than the old Neptune's beach music. And as for CC the old music was much more country but the song 'Trees and rocks' made me want to sever my ears off. Eight hours of country music just isn't great , I'm glad they've made a change!!

I really enjoy the distinctive music for each area - particularly the Amity radio station (which wasn't on yesterday!) but I really object to two things:1 - Blaring pop music - especially when I can't avoid my ear being next to a speaker whilst in a queue.2 - Music being stopped for some awful woman shouting at me about an under 18's club night. Perhaps I wouldn't mind so much if she wasn't so raucous and/or didn't use the phrase 'bangin' tunes'!

I really enjoy the distinctive music for each area - particularly the Amity radio station (which wasn't on yesterday!) but I really object to two things:1 - Blaring pop music - especially when I can't avoid my ear being next to a speaker whilst in a queue.2 - Music being stopped for some awful woman shouting at me about an under 18's club night. Perhaps I wouldn't mind so much if she wasn't so raucous and/or didn't use the phrase 'bangin' tunes'!

Me too. I like the idea of pop/chart music in the carpark/entrance area, then a change across the bridge into the proper park music - like your leaving reality and into fantasy world and staying there all day.I've not heard the in park adverts though. If they are cutting across the ride music that's really bad. If they can afford/be bothered to make them 'themed' into where they are playing it's not to bad, but just blasting out generic ones would sound awful.

First time I heard that ad on Sunday I was on Rumba Rapids and thought for a moment the audio system was having a bit of a moment. The woman/girl they've used to record it sounds so false and lacking in charisma, and the acoustics make it sound like it was recorded in a toilet or something!

First time I heard that ad on Sunday I was on Rumba Rapids and thought for a moment the audio system was having a bit of a moment. The woman/girl they've used to record it sounds so false and lacking in charisma, and the acoustics make it sound like it was recorded in a toilet or something!

I heard it on Sunday too and said exactly the same thing - surely Thorpe is capable of better production quality!? And I agree that theme music does take you from reality to 'theme-park-land' - I think it really adds to my day. Imagine Disney without it's happy/chirpy little tunes.

I heard it on Sunday too and said exactly the same thing - surely Thorpe is capable of better production quality!? And I agree that theme music does take you from reality to 'theme-park-land' - I think it really adds to my day. Imagine Disney without it's happy/chirpy little tunes.

Big sin made there, never compare Merlin to Disney....Besides, Disney IS all about experience and the fantasy and the themeing. Merlin is now simply a business, their parks act as a tunnel for collecting money. Themeing is probably the lowest priority. However I must say, they did step up their game with Saw, but poor old Billy is in a right state! Looks like me after a 24 hour night out. :angry:

Big sin made there, never compare Merlin to Disney....Besides, Disney IS all about experience and the fantasy and the themeing. Merlin is now simply a business, their parks act as a tunnel for collecting money.

Well, I think they deserve to be compared even more now, particularly with their new "Merlin Magic Making" section with their own versions of imagineers coming into play - and the words coming out of their mouth literally being "playing catch up with the mouse" :(

Merlin Imagineers?LOL...And they've been doing this whole 'catch up to the mouse' thing ever since they took over... I remember nearly bursting out into laughter at an induction before cos of it... In fact, the walls of the Studios are covered in imagery of the Wizard beating up Mickey... Cruel people indeed...