• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what I prefer? No sponsorship.

Posted Images

• 9 months later...

I'm hearing that if all goes well it should open within the next few days.

As many will suggest, if a ride closes and no visible work is happening, it usually means they're waiting on a part. If to say the part needed to be made to order, that can take a while.

So with work now going on at the ride, that suggests a pretty quick turnaround which is good to see. Rotten luck that it had to be closed during the hottest, busiest week of the year.

Yep, was on park earlier and can confirm it opened around lunchtime. 

Unsurprisingly attracted a very long queue. I'd estimate 2.5-3hrs, wait no, sorry, 90mins+ based on how it's operated currently. 

59 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Yep, was on park earlier and can confirm it opened around lunchtime. 

Unsurprisingly attracted a very long queue. I'd estimate 2.5-3hrs, wait no, sorry, 90mins+ based on how it's operated currently. 

Haha. Is it using 2 or 3 boats out of interest? 

1 hour ago, Mattgwise said:

Haha. Is it using 2 or 3 boats out of interest? 

I think 2, but I didn't stick around long enough or have a good enough look to say that with certainty. 

29 minutes ago, Bayorame said:

Speaking of tidal wave reopening, I wonder when the fire effect will be turned on? I'm guessing it will be turned on in the summer holidays and frightnights maybe?? I’m looking forward to see it on soon!

I believe there were issues with some delivery issues for parts related to the fire effect, so I don't think it's actually installed / set up.

It's possible they might have been able to install it whilst the ride was closed, but I doubt it. So I expect we won't actually see it until next year now. 

When it is used, I'd expect the plan is for it to happen all the time, rather than just peak periods.