Legoland

NickD

https://www.facebook.com/southparks/photos/a.10152110405478495.1073741827.213894828494/10152118565218495/?type=1

Courtesy of Southparks, Legoland were planning to build a duel motorbike coaster at somepoint in the past, but sadly things didn't work out and like many creative concepts, this never happened.

Would've been awesome if this coaster was built.

I went to Legoland today! I shall include a proper report soon but for now a couple of points

• Legoland are living up to their good quality of theming on the burger kitchen :D
  • Rat trap is no more and the re-building is underway
  • Lots of new models
  • They've moved the photo on the viking ride

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, firstly Jack in the morning it was really quiet then it got busier about 2'ish

The first ones are of the rat trap construction
13833740694_f365031a61.jpg

13833402583_cae53708d0.jpg

13833362305_e036208ab1.jpg

13833372443_b1d5f2f473.jpg

The new theming of the burger kitchen (which is now open).

13833364763_ccd259f41a.jpg

The Lego dinosaur, remember when it used to blow steam and have a moving jaw?

13833285715_5a986e1243.jpg

I thought the transfer track was really cool for some reason

13833746494_db089e921e.jpg

Did you know it had the ride layout in the queue line? for the Tomb Raider thingie

13833358663_6a3680eb84.jpg

Strategic advantage for me hehe, shown in my score XD

13833330045_26169e5ee2.jpg

The 'new' Xbox One Gaming Zone

13833324375_0bca2a68a7.jpg

Lego Village looking a bit tired, and THE TRAIN HAD DE-RAILED!!!

13833666214_e63c5e52aa.jpg

13833294275_ec488f286f.jpg

And finally the water-park bit (which was new to me) my friends didn't allow me to go in it :/

13833329313_a05f1ab312.jpg

13833651204_f731366895.jpg

Yeah that was my trip report. Turns out it wasn't very detailed :pardon:

If the pictures don't work here's a link to my photostream where you can find the Pictures along with a load of other random probably theme park related images.

Also the burger kitchen is now open (I saw a customer reviewing their meal on FB or Twitter)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know much about the attraction, except its a haunted house style attraction (but of course aimed at young families).

I believe it has a walk through section, pre-show and drop tower. Could describe it really as Legoland/kids Sub-Terra ride (as already mentioned).

Apparently it's going east of boating school. Wonder will it will be going and could this mean the end of Baloon Schhol?

*cough*http://www.legoland.dk/en/Explore/New-2014---Ghost/ *cough*

Tbh, that attraction does look fab in Denmark, kinda glad we're getting one here as a result, must have been a big hit for it to be cloned... Shame though that the plans show that whilst half of it will be a nice looking house facade, the ride portion will just be a themed shed </3

• 1 month later...

Had a nice sunny and hot day today and the water rides were certainly worth it and seemed to get me wetter than I remember! The updated log flume was decent. And the castaway camp which is stated as opening in April on the park map, although doesn't open til the summer as it says on the signs on the construction fences.

How was the construction of Castaway Camp (that kids play area) going?

it looked pretty complete to me... although didn't look very special in terms of slides and climbing ropes etc. in comparison to what was apparently there before. my friend was gutted the old one had gone as he said it was the best thing there when he was younger aha!

Hi,

Monday shouldn't be too busy at the busy, providing it's not in/near school holidays (however this is Legoland).

In terms of rides, get Boating School done first as it's a night,are to queue for and has reached 30 minutes+ in the first hour.

Also get Laser Raiders, Atlantis, Digger, Dino Dafari and Squid Surfer done at the start of the day also.

Do Vikings and Pirate Falls midday and leave Dragon til the end of the day.

In terms of food, I'd suggest City Walk (pizza & pasta) otherwise Knights Table is a good alternative (I haven't done burger kitchens yet).

Ascot may be on so be prepared for long waits whilst exiting the park which are often a problem at Legoland anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who thinks that the Dragon needs a bit of TLC? Use to love this ride when I was younger, all the effects seemed magical, but now it has seemed to rot to pieces. None of the effects work anymore (which explains why most the lights are switched off) except from the dragons tail before the lift! Its just all this work they've put into Pirate Falls (which looks fantastic) and Laser Raiders is maintained well. Why not the Dragon??

While the the Dragon, for me still has plenty of appeal, I have felt the ride could do with some general TLC and improvements.

I know for one, they removed some of the figures in the first scene a few years back, and to be knowledge, they have not yet been replaced.

I am not entirely sure what effects aren't working anymore (seemed to be okay on the whole when I went last season )

Maybe the bat tunnel scene before you enter the lifthill?

I remember my biggest turn off was when they replaced the iconic soundtrack with those TVs and sponsors.

Tbh for a ride that's in its 16th year, it doesn't look too bad, although could still do with some TLC.

If I'm honest I do think Legoland's upkeep has gone down hill a little recently, with effects such as the dragon breathing not working and the head in a downwards position too (which detracts the ride for me).

Also Fairytale Brook has a noticeable number of broken effects which have been there since the end of last season (which for a recently refurbished ride is very disappointing) on top of the fading city models and removed features on the city train as well.

Whilst Pirate falls looks nice and fresh, I wasn't really impressed by the new storyline or the whole area retheme

I'm going through in my head and saying the effects that I remember that are no longer working and ones that have been replaced (please correct me if I'm wrong)

1) Items that have been changed/replaced

• Immediately after the first flashing tunnel there used to be a guard on a horse it has now been changed to a lonesome yet animated guard
  • The wizard room has got rid of that amazing filling/lighting up tube for naff rope lights (If I remember rightly the original broke in about 2010)
  • They have removed the never ending tunnel effect at the end of the bat tunnel

2) Items that used to work and no longer do

• I'm pretty sure the beer sprayer guys do work (well I know it does spray) I'm not sure the beer still goes up and down any more
  • The dining room scene knife guy doesn't work 70% of the time
  • Its not that noticeable but a lot of the characters at the table were animated too and no longer are
  • The work room scene after the wizard it used to have a guy turning the mechanism but he stopped moving years ago
  • Although all of the mechanism isn't actually working the feet tickling guy still works! He giggles and jiggled up and down (which doesn't make much sense on its own)
  • The dragon gave up the ghost about march this year and as you can see is sitting with his head down in the first modern video like Matt Creek said and has now been positioned and is just breathing smoke (which you can see works really well in the TPC video!

There are probably lots more that no longer work, let me know if I missed any

Here are my reference videos that I used along side my memory XD

March 2014

June 2014

http://youtu.be/oJcLckPk_ng

(I do not own any of these videos)

When did Dragon get all that sexy lighting in? That certainly wasn't there when I worked there!

They got rid of the audio when they upgraded the audio systems and the music card was no longer compatible. Don't think they had it available in any other format, and didn't think to ask the original composer for the track?

When did Dragon get all that sexy lighting in? That certainly wasn't there when I worked there!

They got rid of the audio when they upgraded the audio systems and the music card was no longer compatible. Don't think they had it available in any other format, and didn't think to ask the original composer for the track?

Well they should have done, that music was my childhood!