Slammer

Artie

Good news slammer was testing around 4pm by engineer team

Slammer was also (almost, admittedly) testing last Sunday and 8 days later it's still not working!

Until I see people on it, I have no hope for the ride...

(and even then, I still don't have much hope for it!)

Was the ride testing like it normally would run, because when it tested on Sunday, it wasn't right.

It look slow but then again it would be as it's not been ran for a while but it was stopping it the correct place I left around 5:30pm and they were still testing it keeping it in the air for long periods of time after the cycle before bringing it down so guessing there testing the new manual lower system

It look slow but then again it would be as it's not been ran for a while but it was stopping it the correct place I left around 5:30pm and they were still testing it keeping it in the air for long periods of time after the cycle before bringing it down so guessing there testing the new manual lower system

Good that's great to hear! New manual lower system? Is this something incase people need to be evaced from it?

Can someone tell me if it's now open? I want to ride it again but don't want to go to thorpe if it's closed. I basically want to go to thorpe just for slammer(sad isn't it but my trips to theme parks have to be less now and I only wanna go if all the rides are open!)

I haven't experienced slammer for a year as it's been closed so I was wondering if anyone knew when abouts it would reopen. Many thanks all,

James

Can someone tell me if it's now open? I want to ride it again but don't want to go to thorpe if it's closed. I basically want to go to thorpe just for slammer(sad isn't it but my trips to theme parks have to be less now and I only wanna go if all the rides are open!)

I haven't experienced slammer for a year as it's been closed so I was wondering if anyone knew when abouts it would reopen. Many thanks all,

James

Thorpe thought it would be open for opening day, and it has been testing well quite recently so I don't think it will be long until it opens now. It's not sad, when it opens I'm going to be straight down there as well ;)

Having never ridden Slammer or having any intention of doing so, I do hope it opens soon as I quite enjoy watching it (although even watching it scares me!) - I just wonder how much longer it will be alive for with all the down time it has had.

This plus Zodiac are the only 2 rides at Thorpe I have not done - with Slammer I probably would if they had OTSR instead of individual lap bars/shoulder bars - I just don't trust them, though saying that, I said the same about Rush last year and ended up going on it and loving it

Thorpe thought it would be open for opening day, and it has been testing well quite recently so I don't think it will be long until it opens now. It's not sad, when it opens I'm going to be straight down there as well ;)

I've done every single ride at thorpe so quite frankly I wasn't planning on returning until fright night as you get the benefit of the mazes and the hours in the dark aswell. The other day I was just casually on youtube and slammer came up on the suggestions! I remembered how much I loved it and wanted to get down to thorpe as soon as it was open. If I'm perfectly honest, despite lots of hate towards slammer it's probably one of my favourite rides ever and certainly in thorpe park. I've done stealth over 50 times and now everything feels a tad more boring to me. Slammer is the only one which I don't seem to get bored of.

Unfortunately, it's a pain to run and it always breaks and I can see it going soon. At the moment I'm just doing other funfairs and a few other theme parks but it looks like I'll have to stick to them in the future because I can't see thorpe getting a new slammer ;)

Oh and I forgot to mention I probably will be down for the new angry birds land so I hope that all goes to plan :D

My biggest concern with Slammer is the fact I don't want to get on it when it reopens, because quite frankly I don't want to run the risk of being stuck on it for any longer than I have to.

I see where your coming from there... Some of my friends have actually said they don't want to get on it because of the reliability and they don't want to get stuck upside down!(I'm not sure if you can get stuck upside down but I don't think it would be very pleasant :o)

I see where your coming from there... Some of my friends have actually said they don't want to get on it because of the reliability and they don't want to get stuck upside down!(I'm not sure if you can get stuck upside down but I don't think it would be very pleasant :o)

Slammer has never *Touch wood* been stuck upside down before, so I wouldn't be too scared about that. When Slammer is actually in operation, I've never seen the ride break down nor do I think it happens very often.

Slammer can break down upside down, but equally I don't recall it ever breaking while I've been near it. And certainly not in a major way. I still don't trust it.

It can but it's a very very very rare like stealth being stuck at the top with guest and zod not coming down and just spinning they can happen but it's near impossible that they will

It can but it's a very very very rare like stealth being stuck at the top with guest and zod not coming down and just spinning they can happen but it's near impossible that they will

Oh I do appreciate and realise that. My simple personal opinion on Slammer is that I don't want to risk getting stuck on it anywhere. Be it in the air, or on the ground. I know in any likeliness of a breakdown Slammer normally behaves and will do it on the ground; and I know it can be easily manually released (the bars) but I still don't want to really take the chance..