Rant

Theme Park bloke

I know exactly what you mean.

Some people are just born hypocritical and prejudice (< if you know what I mean) especially when people have said nasty things to me such as, that it's not my fault that they have found me annoying in the past when they know I can't always help myself. They say they don't hold it against me but they do.

I mean, how can someone expect you to not take offense, when they're disliking something about you, that you can't always help. It's not like I chose to be this way. Have a bloody heart for Christ's sake, it's not like everyone's perfect.

Secondly, what pees me off is when certain people make snide and nasty comments about someone's appearance when they are in no position to judge. I mean some people are just nasty, shallow and insecure that they project their own insecurities onto other people, to make them feel worse, so they feel better about themselves and their rubbish lives.

Suddenly, I don't feel bad at all.

People who practically trip over themselves to put people down or make a witty jibe at other members, complaining that people don't have a sense of humour when they get told off, who then have a minor f**king breakdown when some inoffensive gestures are made in their direction.

Talk about hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

Calling you out on this one. Things don't get resolved by having a go at 'anonymous' people in the Rant topic, especially other members. This has happened before and it just descends into madness.

Calling you out on this one. Things don't get resolved by having a go at 'anonymous' people in the Rant topic, especially other members. This has happened before and it just descends into madness.

That wouldn't be a good idea but then it's neither fair for others especially members, when they find out others are making snide comments about them on Twitter.

Life.

People.

When you give in to temptation, especially when it's something potentially bad for your health and costs money. And then feeling so ashamed of this that you don't want to tell your family so that they can help you...that's when they're not busy arguing and stressing over things!

When you end up posting all this on a forum because the reality is, you don't have real, close friends anymore as they all moved on and have better lives. *However I would like to thank all those who have spoken to me and put up with my constant moaning recently*

EDIT: Touché Will!

People who practically trip over themselves to put people down or make a witty jibe at other members, complaining that people don't have a sense of humour when they get told off, who then have a minor f**king breakdown when some inoffensive gestures are made in their direction.

It's funny that if it's about someone else it's 'inoffensive' but something by someone else is offensive. Everyone is as bad as each other in the sense that everyone says/does things that others don't like and everyone gets stressed about it. Don't try and make it seem like you're the better of two sides here.

One thing which absolutely disgusts me is how people think it's 'okay' to leave dead animals lying in the street, not tell anyone and not do anything about it.

A black bag had been dumped outside our fence (presumably last night) and after checking it out, we've realised it's a dead fox. How it died we have not checked (there's copious flies and a rotten smell surrounding the bag; not really going to give it a post mortem, are we?), but it is dead and literally just been dumped in a bag. Now, this isn't the first time dead animals have been ever so kindly left outside our house; a couple of years back, a black bag with a few dead rabbits was left outside our home (for the record, we have a letter box outside our house, and that seems to make people think they have the right to dump rubbish, park / pull over and god knows what else outside our house...).

Anyways, we phone the RSPCA, believing that they could help dispose of the poor thing humanely, but they said they can't (or won't?) do anything unless there's evidence of animal cruelty. Maybe it's unreasonable / skewered thinking of me, but surely they can help prevent it from being disposed of 'cruelly', regardless of whether its death was because of cruelty or not? After getting of the phone to them, we phoned the local council (on advice of the RSPCA) who said that they don't deal with that thing, and we were told to phone Highway Maintenance(!?) who are the ones to take it away. After not being able to get through to them, we have had to leave an answer phone message, and goodness knows when that'll be picked up, and in the mean time, we just simply have to wait and see. It's a disgusting thing to do, and perhaps just as disgusting that it's difficult to find someone who is able to help dispose of the animal as humanely as possible. It isn't pleasant to see, and I can imagine that if you children saw it, they would be horrified (as would most people in general, I imagine).

Also, another rant about family. Not the family in my actual house, as they're amazing, but I mean beyond that.

I live with my mum and my nan. Now, my nan has five children, and yet it seems to be a struggle for them to even pick up the phone every so often to just speak to her to ask how she is. Almost relates to what Mer said about "The fact that we have so many ways of communicating thanks to technology that phone calls are like some alien concept that is impossible to initiate" - how hard is it to pick up a phone and spend a few minutes talking to your own mother?

Anyways, a couple of weeks back, my mum and I had to make our way to the hospital, but it wasn't the local one in Chertsey, it was the one in Ashford, following advice from NHS Direct (useless service in my opinion, but I digress..). As neither of us drive and we had to get to Ashford Walk-in Centre ASAP, we got a taxi there, at a cost of £20. After no help there, we were advised to make our way back home and await to be phone by a doctor. My mum decided to phone her sister (who also lives in Chertsey) and ask if it was possible for her to pick us up (at this time, it was about 8PM and public transport in the area is a nuisance and another taxi was out of the question). She says yes quite happily and seemingly no issues, yet when she arrives to pick us up, has a rant at us as to how we only phone her when we want something and that's it. She also says that now my cousins are 'stranded' at the cinema because 'she dropped everything' to come pick us up; we only asked if she COULD pick us up, not told her too (and, also, my cousins weren't stranded at the cinema, as the film they were watching didn't even finish for another half hour...). We get about a third of the way back when we get a phone call from the hospital, and told that we now have an appointment at Ashford (big grr here, but again, that's to do with the NHS and that's a complete different rant), to which my aunt moans again at us telling us it was a wasted journey for her and that it's our fault. We didn't know that would happen, and at the time, there wasn't many other ways we could get home. Perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned in my way of thinking here, but aren't family there to be relied upon; if you need help, you can rely on your family to try and help you out? Granted, for my aunt, it was a wasted trip, and it was appreciated that she came out, but is there a need to moan and rant at us when it's not really our fault?

Also, as I said, she lives in Chertsey, yet we hardly EVER see her. To be honest, I'm not overly fussed how often I see my aunt, it's more the fact that my nan hardly ever sees her daughter and struggles to get out the house that much. My aunt is a part-time teacher, which does me that during term time she's busy, but again, does that warrant that on a Sunday afternoon not being able to phone her mum, or even take the 20ish minute walk over? And now, of course, it's the summer holidays and she's not working at the moment, yet she still doesn't bother to see my nan. This past week she went on holiday to Spain; my nan knew she was going on holiday, but she didn't know when. The only reason she is because my mum was my cousin who didn't go and was told about it.. I mean, perhaps it's from a distorted viewpoint, but in her position, I'd at least just say I was going for that specific week - what if there'd been an emergency regarding my nan or we were in need of help from her? We wouldn't have known she'd be away.. Again, more seeing this from my nan's point of view more than anything. It just feels as though my aunt makes no effort to see her mum or get her involved in anything for no reason whatsoever. My aunt graduated from university this year, and my nan wasn't even told about it until after it happened. It was something my nan did really want to go to, as my aunt was the first in our family to graduate from university, but of course, it didn't happen. My aunt's reason - you had to buy a ticket.. I'm sorry, but WHAT? I didn't tell you about when my graduation was because you had to buy a ticket? Sense, it makes none. It was also my cousin's (this particular aunt's daughter) graduation this year as well, and my nan wasn't invited to that either.

When my nan mentioned this to my aunt when seeing her in passing, by chance, in Tesco, and said how it seems none of the family get involved my aunt and cousins, my aunt responded about how her mum-in-law was invited to the graduation - yet my nan wasn't even told about it.. And it just feels like my aunt seems to disregard my nan; she doesn't even invite her round to her house for a cup of tea or something, yet the other side of the family get invited round loads / taken out for dinner / etc, It just seems like my aunt doesn't want anything to do with my nan, or myself or my mum, for no reason whatsoever... Just ARGH.

*and breath*

That wouldn't be a good idea but then it's neither fair for others especially members, when they find out others are making snide comments about them on Twitter.

It's funny that if it's about someone else it's 'inoffensive' but something by someone else is offensive. Everyone is as bad as each other in the sense that everyone says/does things that others don't like and everyone gets stressed about it. Don't try and make it seem like you're the better of two sides here.

Woah woah woah woah... woah! Who said anything about other members? Going by what a mightily pissed off Liam was saying in last night his jibe against hypocrisy was merely directed at someone (who sounds like a royal bitch) from his Facebook. Is it okay to vent his spleen where he knows she won't see it? Yeah I'm not saying it makes him better but damn just letting it out in words can release at least some tension. This is the topic for it, so why is it suddenly wrong to do it? I swear all this bitchiness just goes in cycles - what wrong with letting off a bit of steam now and then? **** sake people.

And Josh - I know the feeling, mate. My granddad (pretty much the only person in about five generations of our family to have what he calls "a loose dowry" (I.e. - **** loads of cash stored away somewhere) remarried to a bitch a couple of years ago who "enjoys the finer things in life" and is spending pretty much everything he has. He doesn't seem to care because he's a direct beneficiary of this indulgence, as is she and the rest of her family. However, his two children - my mother and my aunt - don't see much of it. My aunt doesn't really need it as she's happily married with no children, but my mother has six children of varying ages (20yrs all the way down to 4yrs), and to be perfectly honest, my mum doesn't have very good contact with any of her family (my aunt can afford to fly to Spain and visit her mum all the time), so we don't actually get much money from anywhere really, and my mum's the kind of person who, if left anything in an inheritance, say, would be the last person to spend it on herself, and I've sort of forgotten where this is going but the injustice stands out for itself. Basically she's worried none of her children will get a cut because a lot of it will simply go to the royalist bigot bitch my granddad ever had the misfortune of meeting.

Personally I'm not bothered - we've never had money so I can't really complain about simply not getting it in the first place but this would really hurt my mum, and given the state she's in right now I don't think it'll do her any good whatsoever.

I hate to be the one who tells you this Sids, but..

Woah woah woah woah... woah! Who said anything about other members? Going by what a mightily pissed off Liam was saying in last night his jibe against hypocrisy was merely directed at someone (who sounds like a royal bitch) from his Facebook. Is it okay to vent his spleen where he knows she won't see it? Yeah I'm not saying it makes him better but damn just letting it out in words can release at least some tension. This is the topic for it, so why is it suddenly wrong to do it? I swear all this bitchiness just goes in cycles - what wrong with letting off a bit of steam now and then? **** sake people.

To be quite honest, I don't think it matters whether Liam's rant was about members of this forum, another forum or about someone on Facebook. This is a rant thread and it's a place to let of steam, as you rightly say Sids, so if someone has something they need to get off their chest, this is the place for it. Why Liam's commented started to spark a bit of a debate going on I don't know. I

(Just to be clear, I completely agree with Liam and Sids here. :) )

Edited by Uncle Sid

I hate to be the one who tells you this Sids, but..

To be quite honest, I don't think it matters whether Liam's rant was about members of this forum, another forum or about someone on Facebook. This is a rant thread and it's a place to let of steam, as you rightly say Sids, so if someone has something they need to get off their chest, this is the place for it. Why Liam's commented started to spark a bit of a debate going on I don't know.

(Just to be clear, I completely agree with Liam and Sids here. :) )

Ah fine enough Josh - completely missed that part. But I've called you out on plenty of posts in the past (GERSTAULER!) so we're quits now. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Godalming College.

Firstly, congratulations to everyone who's got the results they needed/deserved. But I didn't and I'm gutted. I got a D in Leisure and a U in Travel, "it's your own fault you should have worked harder" is what you may be thinking? If that was the case then I wouldn't be p***ed off right now. My Leisure course was split up into coursework and an exam. I didn't do so well in the exam and only got a D, so I need to work hard on my coursework. I finished my coursework with time to spare and my teacher had marked through it and said I'd get a C overall, a B if I'm really lucky. I was fine with that result so left it and moved onto my other work. So imagine the shock I got when I saw my results this morning and I have a D! I'm absolutely gutted because I could have easily improved on my coursework but I was told I didn't need to. So thank you very much Leisure Studies department at Godalming.

My other subject, Travel and Tourism, was an absolute shambles. The teacher didn't know what she was talking half the time, I had a higher attendance than she did, she lost my coursework and she was a rude little bitch. So with that in mind I wasn't expecting much from the subject. But I got a U......... I went to lessons, I went to exams and I tried so hard with my coursework, surely I should have something out of this? I just feel like I tried so hard and the fact that the teaching quality was so poor my time was wasted. Don't be thinking I'm just shifting the blame on someone else, everyone else in my class has the exact same opinions as I have.

It's not all bad though, I did get a Distinction* in IT which I am very proud of. Just means I can't get into University next year.

• 2 weeks later...

People with the attitude 'I do so much for XXXX and I never get appreciated'

Well it's your fault for having that job/volunteering... Leave if you don't feel appreciated because you're probably right, no-one cares and it could be done by anyone.

Bleurgh, hate the NHS.

Go to see my doctor last September about a lump on my neck. 'Oh, it's a cyst, they're nothing to worry about really. If it gets bigger, come back and we'll sort it out'.

Gets bigger and more uncomfortable over the past few months, see my doctor early July. 'Yes, it's a cyst. The thing is, due to costs and stuff, we shouldn't really remove it unless it's absolutely necessary, and this is just cosmetic.'

A week later, it's practically doubled in size. See a (different) doctor, given antibiotics and told to see my GP. 'Wow, that's got a lot bigger. It seems like it's infected now. Here's more antibiotics; book an appointment for a week's time to get it removed by me.' (My local surgery does minor operations). Go to book appointment - 'sorry, we don't have anything until the 23rd August.' (bare in mind this was middle of July). Go back a week later for a check up, put on stronger antibiotics - told I've been booked an emergency appointment for 2nd August (which was a week away from when I saw the doctor). Yeah, okay, this is probably getting confusing now, but meh, I'm ranting..

Have to make an emergency appointment on the Monday before it's due to be removed as it's begun to weep. Told by the emergency doctor that it's not weeping (even though it was...) and just keep to my appointment. Was phoned up the day before it was due to be removed and told 'Sorry, your appointment has been cancelled as there's no nurses available to help the doctor' - we can book you in for 30th August.' Just getting a bit silly. I got a telephone appointment with my doctor on the 2nd, and explained the situation, and he said that nurses were available to help him and that my appointment shouldn't have been cancelled! Was told to go up to A&E and just get it removed.

Go to A&E, and after about 6 hours, finally removed. I'll skip the gory details, but basically the procedure had to be done differently due to the fact that it had begun to weep and the cyst was open..

Now, as they've left the wound open to heal from the inside, it's been dressed daily for the past 4 weeks, which involves going to my doctor's surgery, spending about half an hour waiting (as they always seem to run late, no matter what...) and then having it changed. It's blooming well taken over my life, especially with appointments basically being between 11-12 daily. It wouldn't be so bad, but after 4 weeks, it's only halved in size. I've been on course after course of antibiotics which don't seem to do no good (my latest course means I'm taking 3 pills four times a day, and can't eat for 3 of the 4 hours between dosages...) and it's only now that the nurses have begun to think 'this is taking a bit longer than it should, even though it should only take a couple of weeks, and about 7-10 days of daily dressing. Now there's the possibility of having to go back to A&E to have it re-cut open and seeing if there's something wrong.

It's just so blooming annoying. If it had been done before it grew in size, got infected and 'burst', it would have been so much simplier and easier to deal with, and probably fully healed ages ago. But no, that hasn't happened, in a stupid attempt to save some money (which, in the long run, has probably cost more money than it saved). Just on a bit of a downer really, especially as little hole in my neck has basically ruined my summer...

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad after reading those posts as I worry I may appear that way sometimes :blush:

I mean, I've mentioned our low income more times than I care to think about in chat etc but have been going on about the new iPhone and can afford to treat myself, which kinda contradicts itself. Having said that, I work and can afford to both pay my way at home (which I prioritise, and I often give my mum extra when need be) and have money spare; I guess the people the above posts are talking aboutare people who can only afford to live but choose to spend money on other things which they can't afford at all.

Mer, if you are working and earning your own money you should spend it how the hell you like and not worry what anyone else thinks. It's non of their business.

I would like to specifically add Sky TV packages to the things other people shouldn't spend my money on in the form of their benefits. In fact, benefits should be paid in vouchers* (food, clothing etc) with a minimal cash amount for 'treats'. And definitely non that Sky can accept.

(*excluding those dependant on DLA)