Rant

Theme Park bloke

Things that wind me up are comments like this:

"Fright nightd (And thorpe in general) is a ton of sh*te. Scarefest has been quality, not filled with chavs and following Saturday, also the better organised event. Thorpe is ok at best."

Okay Stokesyboy, hold up, You cant blame one persons opinion on the entire Towers fanbase, to be fair, Thorpe was shocking on the 20th it was very badly organised, but then again Towers will always seem to be organised better because they have a larger department for events like this and queues dont get as long due to the large range of attractions, but you still cant say that all Towers fanboys (myself included) share this opinion, because they do not.

I am a towers fanboy, and I've visited thorpe way more often to know it's ****.

I do like some things they do, but most of it (mainly operation side) is utter cack. Their mazes are cheap and nasty, I enjoy being in immersive experiences and thorpe does not provide, excluding swarm island.

Oh my actual effing god. My family :angry:

I'll try and keep it brief and not bore everyone too much with my depressing rant...

My depression has come back so I'm back on antiepressants, which my family are aware of. Mum has cyclothymia (mild bipolar) and brother has had depression before, so you'd think they'd be understanding and a little more sensitive right now, especially as it's only nearly 2 weeks since I went back on the pills and they take a while to work and I've had the insomnia side effect to put up with alongside the depression symptoms. Not saying they should excuse everything, but y'know, just take it into consideration before taking anything I say or do too seriously.

I went to get a drink of squash and was rude to my brother when he asked me about something minor with his laptop, because quite frankly I can't deal with such things or people right now. Basically I swore, which was the "issue", but I didn't realise mum was in the house and me and my brother don't take swearing at each other too seriously. So it would have been fine but because she heard me she got angry, which then caused my brother to get angry (its almost like if she takes it seriously then he automatically does too?), so I said sorry and continued to get my drink. All would have been fine, except my mum then decided to do this thing she does where once someone has annoyed her, she then mentions other things about them which annoy her/start having a go at them. She asks what I've done today and gets all sarcy about me cleaning my room (I mean really? I'm 22! Plus she should know how hard it is to do such simple tasks when feeling like I do). I do what I thought was the right thing and ignored her but she carried on being all silly so I just covered my ears and said "Please, I'm not in the mood for this right now!" And then of course, she does the loveliest thing ever, that "OOOH moody!" thing.

Despite the depression and awful night last night where I didn't get to sleep until about 6am, I wasn't feeling that angry or moody today, and I took a while to plan going out for a walk later as it helps calm me down, and go out tomorrow, or get up early and attempt to do my room, or at least try to motivate myself. I was going to tell my family this, as it would make them pleased that I'm trying hard and not just letting the depression take over. But now, because of my family I'm in a bad mood but somehow feel I should apologise just to shut them up?

Oh and now there's a lovely argument downstairs about dinner as per usual...can't wait to go for this walk later!

Went into town today to get a pair of shoes as my other ones have completely split, I needed them today as I'm going to Thorpe Park tomorrow. I bought a pair after scouring the store for someone to assist me. Got them and at the time they looked fine so I went and paid for them, no problem. Just had a look at them again and the two shoes are a different shade of color, one lighter blue and one darker. There's not a massive difference but enough of a difference to look stupid. So I've wasted my time going into town just to get shoes today and now I have none to wear tomorrow, brilliant.

Went into town today to get a pair of shoes as my other ones have completely split, I needed them today as I'm going to Thorpe Park tomorrow. I bought a pair after scouring the store for someone to assist me. Got them and at the time they looked fine so I went and paid for them, no problem. Just had a look at them again and the two shoes are a different shade of color, one lighter blue and one darker. There's not a massive difference but enough of a difference to look stupid. So I've wasted my time going into town just to get shoes today and now I have none to wear tomorrow, brilliant.

#firstworldproblems

Oh my actual effing god. My family :angry:

I'll try and keep it brief and not bore everyone too much with my depressing rant...

My depression has come back so I'm back on antiepressants, which my family are aware of. Mum has cyclothymia (mild bipolar) and brother has had depression before, so you'd think they'd be understanding and a little more sensitive right now, especially as it's only nearly 2 weeks since I went back on the pills and they take a while to work and I've had the insomnia side effect to put up with alongside the depression symptoms. Not saying they should excuse everything, but y'know, just take it into consideration before taking anything I say or do too seriously.

I went to get a drink of squash and was rude to my brother when he asked me about something minor with his laptop, because quite frankly I can't deal with such things or people right now. Basically I swore, which was the "issue", but I didn't realise mum was in the house and me and my brother don't take swearing at each other too seriously. So it would have been fine but because she heard me she got angry, which then caused my brother to get angry (its almost like if she takes it seriously then he automatically does too?), so I said sorry and continued to get my drink. All would have been fine, except my mum then decided to do this thing she does where once someone has annoyed her, she then mentions other things about them which annoy her/start having a go at them. She asks what I've done today and gets all sarcy about me cleaning my room (I mean really? I'm 22! Plus she should know how hard it is to do such simple tasks when feeling like I do). I do what I thought was the right thing and ignored her but she carried on being all silly so I just covered my ears and said "Please, I'm not in the mood for this right now!" And then of course, she does the loveliest thing ever, that "OOOH moody!" thing.

Despite the depression and awful night last night where I didn't get to sleep until about 6am, I wasn't feeling that angry or moody today, and I took a while to plan going out for a walk later as it helps calm me down, and go out tomorrow, or get up early and attempt to do my room, or at least try to motivate myself. I was going to tell my family this, as it would make them pleased that I'm trying hard and not just letting the depression take over. But now, because of my family I'm in a bad mood but somehow feel I should apologise just to shut them up?

Oh and now there's a lovely argument downstairs about dinner as per usual...can't wait to go for this walk later!

It's not fun being depressed or miserable because it can cause you to lack the motivation and the enthusiasm to do simple things from doing chores or being pleasant or helpful to your family. Your Mum does that exact thing that my Dad does and I'm not going to lie, it really does irritate me and thankfully...my sister and Mum and it only makes matters worse.

I feel that you should maybe talk to your Mum and tell her how you feel. If she's a good Mum, she will be supportive and try to help you but it's a good thing, to find the right moment to talk to her...where she's not busy with her hands full doing something. With brothers and sisters from personal experience, we always seem to bicker about the most stupidest and silliest of things.

Your Brother asked you something minor about the laptop and it's not a big deal to just take one or two minutes from your whole day to help him out. He will feel grateful because you're able to make the time for him and maybe your relationship with each other will improve and if your Mum sees that both of you are getting on, she will feel better too.

It's not fun being depressed or miserable because it can cause you to lack the motivation and the enthusiasm to do simple things from doing chores or being pleasant or helpful to your family. Your Mum does that exact thing that my Dad does and I'm not going to lie, it really does irritate me and thankfully...my sister and Mum and it only makes matters worse.

I feel that you should maybe talk to your Mum and tell her how you feel. If she's a good Mum, she will be supportive and try to help you but it's a good thing, to find the right moment to talk to her...where she's not busy with her hands full doing something. With brothers and sisters from personal experience, we always seem to bicker about the most stupidest and silliest of things.

Your Brother asked you something minor about the laptop and it's not a big deal to just take one or two minutes from your whole day to help him out. He will feel grateful because you're able to make the time for him and maybe your relationship with each other will improve and if your Mum sees that both of you are getting on, she will feel better too.

Interesting post. It's odd to see a reply like this to a Rant topic post. Even I've been guilty of replying to such a topic's posts only to vent my own problems, and it seems like that's how most of this thread as panned out. That's not to say we're all bad people for not trying to counsel everyone else (srsly ppl), but its just nice to see support for others members here. :)

I agree :) Thanks again Will for your nice reply!

I feel bad posting stuff like in my last rant as it's quite heavy stuff compared to a lot of other people's rants :P I always worry about getting a negative reply or annoying others :blush: But I honestly don't have many other people to talk to/rant to about this stuff, so it really does mean a lot when members here help me out :D

Kindness, patience and time is not something everyone has. You shouldn't feel bad because everyone has problems of their own but whether or not they choose to seek help from others instead of suffer in silence, is their decision.

No-one is going to have a go at you because I'd get seriously annoyed and so would the other people on here who care about you. People should feel that they are able to talk about their problems whether or not, they have friends to talk about it to because some people find it better to talk to strangers than to people they know who will judge them.

• 2 weeks later...

People/members on here bitching about you/people you care about, especially when what they are saying is completely untrue. If you're going to talk about me behind my back at least get your facts right.

More so, I'm sick of people complaining about the apparent 'bitchiness' of TPM and how 'it's corrupt' and they 'hate it'. If it's THAT bad, just leave and don't bother coming back. If people are as bitchy as you make them out to be, they're not gonna give a flying monkey about you leaving as they all 'hate you anyway'. Also, if you hate the bitchiness, why the hell do you contribute to it?! Bit hypocritical isn't it...

I'm not gonna name any names but you know fully well who you are. I don't really care if this post comes across as a bit bitchy, I will happily say that yes I can be a bitch, but I don't go around bad mouthing TPM for it when I myself can be part of the problem. I also don't try to pass the blame onto someone else in order to make myself look better.

Always miss all the exciting stuff going down. :(

No idea what's gone on but as someone who's on here quite a lot it's not anything I've heard so please don't think everyone's at it behind your backs.

Also noticed another prominent, long term (and as far as I could tell decent) member has found themselves on the banned list. I'm sure it is the correct action and necessary if the team have decided that course of action, but it's a shame it has to be so final so frequently. It's not something I see happening so much elsewhere.

It's okay Pluk, I know not everyone is like that! I just really don't appreciate signing into Skype and finding a transcript full of bitchy comments about myself/people I care about, especially from those who badmouth TPM for bitchiness between its members.

I realise that bitching on Skype is different to outright bitching on the forums as it's an external place, but it's still members bitching about other members (and the mod/admin team), which is something that is frequently complained about.

Always miss all the exciting stuff going down. :(

No idea what's gone on but as someone who's on here quite a lot it's not anything I've heard so please don't think everyone's at it behind your backs.

Also noticed another prominent, long term (and as far as I could tell decent) member has found themselves on the banned list. I'm sure it is the correct action and necessary if the team have decided that course of action, but it's a shame it has to be so final so frequently. It's not something I see happening so much elsewhere.

I feel out of the loop here..