Rant

Theme Park bloke

So in January we get our third and supposedly permanent headteacher after a confusing year. At the moment we have 3 heads each with different tiltes, Headteacher, Excecutive Headteacher and Head of School. Nobody ever knows who to go and speak to as the two "headteachers" only come in a few days a week as they are also the head of another school. It was expected that the current Head of School was going to get given the actual Headteacher role in January as he now has the repsect of the students but instead they have chosen someone else. So not only are we getting another new face but we are also getting another regime as the current head's will leave and we will only get a visit from one of themonce a month till summer then they completely leave. Now most people are saying they are sure the Governors have made the right choice but the completle lack of communication regariding the situation this year has been awful and they haven't issued anything about the appointment of this new head. And just to anger us even more, the 3 current heads have decided that our Prom won't be held at the school and we as a year have to find and book somewhere. Thanks for that taking it you won't even be there in July, such a nice leaving present. As I said for Mr Kibble, good luck Mr Price, you really are going to need it.

So basically my brother has ruined my fun, happy evening in a space of about half an hour.

First he moans that he can hear me on Skype, claiming that I sound "immature" and that this worries him, and also that he worries about the ages of people I speak to. Well for the record, many of them are my age or only a few years younger, and my "immaturity" (I mean really, define "Immature") is something I've always had, nothing to do with who I speak to, which he knows, he just has nothing better to do these days than criticise me and mum while he sits on his bored, unemployed arse. And besdies, at least I am actually conversing with people who I share interests with, which is more than I can say for him! Total hermit who revolves his life around TV. Harsh but true I'm afraid! (Yet he seems to think that the fact that he's been to uni etc makes him better than me...he has so much to learn, poor thing.) Oh and I keep my bedroom door properly closed, whereas he likes to sit with his open to avoid feeling claustrophobic. So how can he expect peace and quiet? :huh: It's not like I shout down the mic to everyone, I'm really shy at talking ffs!

Secondly, I later on trip and go flying over the hoover which he very carefully placed (NOT!) at the botrtom of the stairs. Bearing in mind it was pitch black, we cannot turn on the downstairs hallway light from upstairs, and even with the upstairs landing light on, you cannot see the bottom of the stairs/hallway. And you wouldn't expect anything large to be there to trip you up...how wrong I was. I flew over the hoover, my head narrowly missing the wall, my plate dropping to the floor and luckily not smashing into my hand/arm, whacked my knee on the hard floor and grazed/carept-burned my wrist. Yes, it could have been far worse; but 1) He shouldn't have left it there, not only is the bottom of the stairs a stupid place, but our hallway is very cramped so even in broad daylight it's a struggle to avoid tripping over it, let alone at night! and 2) Yes it could have been worse - I could have smashed my head OR my mum could have tripped up and broken some bones, as she has osteoporosis. Fantastic. You know what the best thing was? His blasé reaction to it all. Didn't even apologise. Just moaned about the noise etc it caused, I'm not even joking. Quite often I soon look back at these events and laugh, but somehow I don't think I will be with this. Oh and incase anyone is wonrdering; he is older than me. He is 25. Compared to other 25 year olds I know, he is so backwards he may as well become a time machine.

So yeah, I'm now in a foul, tearful mood (that fall really shook me up for some reason) after a really fun night. While I'm at it, thank you to Mr Fish for providing your livestream of music and linking it into Chat, it's been great fun! Especially some of us going "live" on it via Skype and enabling those also in Chat to listen in and join in, send requests etc! Let's hope tomorrow night goes a lot better! :)

Apologies for yet another rant about my family but argh! It's like, even when I shut myself away in my room to avoid my family and our arguments, I still get dragged into something! -_-

So, I spent over an hour cooking for myself this evening. It was rice nuggets in a herby-tomato sauce; something from my cookbook I'd been wanting to try for absolutely ages.

Everything had been going well, and the last 5 minutes were just getting the nuggets and the sauce together in a frying pan. I was stirring, and then boom - frying pan somehow flies off the hob and the food goes over me and all over the food. An hour's worth of effort, a reasonable amount of matter, especially when on a student budget, and a lot of food down the bin. Tried starting again, completely mucked it up, so resorted to pizza...

A bit annoyed now to be honest... ¬¬ (And considering a couple of days ago I set fire to spaghetti, I seem to be on a bit of a bad luck streak with cooking at the moment), though this does feel like a bit of a pathetic rant compared to the above.. :/

Edited by JoshC.

Car insurers. Utter crooks the lot of them.

In June I had a car crash at work, some old fool drove out in front of me mostly because he was blind.

I was found not at fault, the in car black box we have proved I was driving within speed limits, his insurers have paid the whole claim, and it was on a work policy anyway so would have no relevance to my private car insurance. All future work driving will also be on a work policy.

Inform my insurers and they decided it increases my premium by £20 per year. What the hell? How does that work? Raging at the injustice.

Grr, getting annoyed with one of my housemates in my halls at uni now...

There's 16 of us looking into buying a house next year (we're looking early because of the large number). We found this amazing 24 person house and some people visited it on Saturday. Most people went to view it today, as we were set on it, but it turns out that 9 people already living there are renewing their contract for another year - so only 15 rooms are available (it's the rooms that are let out, not the house specifically). So, we've spent literally hours discussing how to separate the two groups, where the secondary group would live, etc., but one has decided to be the most awkward d!ck about it.

First he said he wanted to live with his girlfriend (who is in the same halls we are in at the moment; they've been going out for about 5 weeks), despite the fact they argue almost every day. Then HE decided that she should 'live with the girls', and that we should break down into even smaller groups and look elsewhere. Then we decided to split into a group of 10 and a group of 6, with 10 living in this 24 bedroom place, and the 6 finding somewhere else. It was worked out he would live with the 10, and his girlfriend in the 6. However, he's now moaning that the room he could *possibly* end up having isn't good enough, and he should get priority over others because he visited the house on Saturday, even though his desired room has been taken by someone who's living there again next year.

Basically, he's just making it as awkward as possibly and trying to dictate how everything should be. Buying a student house isn't exactly easy as it is, and he's just making it even more difficult...

16 people in a house? Jesus how big are the houses in [insert name of place Josh goes to uni]?

Yeah, you hear these stories about how awful people are at uni, I was very fortunate (although the lead up to the second year was only saved due to a coursemate looking for someone to live in Stoke, yay friends!), I think it's best to do it in smaller groups though to avoid situations like this...

Smack him, and his 5 week long relationship...

T'is Warwick uni. :P

Most student houses in Leamington Spa are for 3-6 people, but there are some larger houses.

The thing is, the 16 of us all get along and would prefer living together. The 24 person house we've found is amazing - it's in the nicer part of Leamington, right near the train station and a couple of minutes from the bus stop to the uni, £90 a week for rent, utilities (including internet) as well as a TV licence. It's only a 10 month let, which means we pretty much only pay whilst we're at uni, not during summer like many places do. The Landlord fixes anything that breaks (as long as it wasn't your own fault), there's a silly amount of bathrooms (10-11 communal, plus about 5 en suite), then there's a games room with a pool table and air hockey table. My first choice room has a double bed, two windows, wash basin and is large (about 4.5mx3m). Fully furnished as well. It just seems perfect.

The thing is, the couple have just it so much more difficult, and since they've got together, they're never really apart. It's the sorta relationship where they're fine as individuals, but when they're together, they get a bit annoying. Hopefully some form of decent arrangement can be made quickly, as we have two weeks to decide basically..

I currently share a kitchen with 16 other people, and it isn't too bad. The general rule we seem to have now is if you don't wash it up soon after you're done with it, just take it to your room so it's out of people's way. The issue more tends to be with putting things away after they've been washed up, but at the end of the day, all of us are in the same scenario - we want a tidy kitchen, so we should tidy up after ourselves (of course, just because it should be done, doesn't mean it always is...)

Hopefully a similar rule can happen in the 24 person house. A good thing is there's a specific 'washing up area', which is out of the kitchen, and has two large sinks. So, better than sharing a smallish sink between 17 people... :P