Rant

Theme Park bloke

That doesn't sound very good Mer on how it was organised.

Anyways,

As part of my college course which is Music, I have to plan an event with a band I am organised with for the whole year. After I booked a gig at a local venue for late may, the other band members were supposed to have organised many other acts to support us during the event.

However after to posting in my band's closed fb page over the lack of info I have of the acts for the night, instead of receiving helpful info or advice, I got blunt criticisms saying I was joking on the matter when they're the ones who are supposedly organising this with me. One member said I should contact a certain band member who should have the info however I have received no response and when I responded on the page, one band member said to sort it even though I'm not the one responsible for it.

My band members are really driving me up the wall ATM (some more than others) as they're either not doing their roles properly in the band, not giving me the required information, advice or just brutally criticising me over various problems that aren't completely my fault which I think is not on. There's one particular band member who is completely unhelpful and criticises everyone else while he is not retaining his own duties when the gig is in just over three weeks time.

Can't wait to finish the band as I'm just not enjoying it in terms of management and certain band member's attitudes towards everything. Rant over.

We find it funny because it's strange to us, you probably don't find it as amusing as it's just a normal thing to do for you guys ;)

(Joking of course)

Hahahaha...... No. Tbh I can't think of many english insults maybe that's Just me: P the sheep one is used too often though I feel we welsh are a tad bored with it now. :)

the sheep one is used too often though I feel we welsh are a tad bored with it now. :)

We have a Welsh teacher (doesn't teach us Welsh, he is Welsh) and we always bring up the sheep joke or if he goes out in the schools van we say he's gone to collect some more sheep. Been using this for the past 5 years and it never gets old :P

Anyways I need to get this off my chest before my exams start on Monday.

All of our teachers are saying not to stress about our exams, just revise, keep calm and we'll do fine. Now this is all well in good when the teachers are calm. However, at the moment they seem to be more stressed that us. Each department is fighting to have us for extra lessons thinking there subject is superior to everything else (primarily maths) thus creating confusion as we never know what lessons we have anymore. I understand that each subject is very important, maths being one of the more important but I can't get into College with just a maths GCSE (if I could life would be so much easier). It's nice that they each subject cares about our results and is trying to help us get the best possible results but as a year group we are more stressed than we should be. If they wanted to change the timetables giving us more lessons in certain subjects it should have been arranged just after Easter, not a couple of days before our exams start. Over the past 3 weeks I've had 4 'tweaked' timetables which have not helped me learn anything additional in the slightest. The one question that all year 11's want to know the answer to though has 'yet to be thought about.' We only want to know what we are doing after half term, are we in full time or just attending lessons we have tests remaining?

Another thing that will really annoy me is if we match our predicted 5 A*-C rate (86% I think) and it is written in the local newspapers that it is down to the new leadership team. It has nothing to do with them! In the past year we've had 4 different head teachers and constantly changing SLT-Senior Leadership Team (even though it seems to have settled down now). Since year 7 we as a year group have been predicted around 85% 5 A*-Cs and would beat all previous years. If anything as a year group we are doing brilliantly as individuals to be able to pass all of our exams last summer and January under an unstable leadership team. Our high predicted results is nothing to do with them, if they had drastically increased since they arrived then yes but no, nothing has changed. I'm sure though the new head teacher will receive all the praise if we get our results for 'changing the school around' and making it 'a success.' We have always been predicted as the best year the school will have for results (may seem cocky but that's the statistics). If you look at they year 10s they are expected 82% 5 A*-Cs and year 9 only 68%. This shows that the new head has had nothing to do with our results, they are as predicted from the off. It just goes to show it is down to the students wanting to learn as year 9s are known in my school as a bunch of prats. Yes having a solid leadership team and good teachers contribute but it is ultimately down to the student.

Phew, glad I got that added bit off stress out before my exams.

We have a Welsh teacher (doesn't teach us Welsh, he is Welsh) and we always bring up the sheep joke or if he goes out in the schools van we say he's gone to collect some more sheep. Been using this for the past 5 years and it never gets old :P

Ah, one of the few positive memories I have of secondary school are the Welsh jokes I heard... :P

And SCB, I understand your rant completely. I remember being told how our year was the going to be the best yet, and we had a 72% expected pass rate. It ended up being 50-something % and about 33% 5 A*-C including English and Maths... It really annoyed me how the focus was always on getting this pass rate collectively, as opposed to get the passed out of individual students. I don't know if it's the same at other schools, or whether it's still the same now, but it always felt like if everyone got the bare minimum to make the school look good, the school was happy, regardless of whether students met their own targets. I remember one teacher in particular who constantly banged on about how 'every student she ever taught' had gotten at least a C in French, and yet our class ended up with a range of grades from C to E, for various reasons..

Best of luck for your exams scary (and to everyone else!), I'm sure you'll do great! When it comes to the school and teachers itself, just do your best to ignore them and focus on exams however you do it best - no point in stressing about somewhere you're leaving in a couple of months.. :P

Waiting in for a parcel with a really helpful delivery time of 07.00 - 21.00hrs. So only a little 14hr window then. Ffffanks yodel.

I had a similar delivery time with something from CityLink.

No wonder they've never made any sodding money. You need to be more precise.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as this is a rant topic, I'm gonna rant!

I hate moths. No not hate, DESPISE.

And my parents think I am stupid and too old to be scared of moths so they just get annoyed with me and, most of the time, won't remove them.

It really hacks me off, everyone has their fear and that is mine. (As well as spiders, daddy longlegs and... Yeah, basically all bugs).

And we go on holiday camping every year, in a frame tent. It's hell. I love camping, but the bugs are awful. And slugs.

Seeing as this is a rant topic, I'm gonna rant!

I hate moths. No not hate, DESPISE.

And my parents think I am stupid and too old to be scared of moths so they just get annoyed with me and, most of the time, won't remove them.

It really hacks me off, everyone has their fear and that is mine. (As well as spiders, daddy longlegs and... Yeah, basically all bugs).

And we go on holiday camping every year, in a frame tent. It's hell. I love camping, but the bugs are awful. And slugs.

Can we get this man a drink? For realising the sheer terror those hairy, winged atrocities inflict on innocent people like us.

Moths are the devil.

Spiders are far worse in my opinion, but daddy long legs don't really bother me unless they dive bomb my face...

Same with moths. If they're chilling on the wall, fair game, but come near me and I will squeal like a little girl.

Wasps are just evil. Bees are fine - I don't like being near them, but at least they won't sting you unless they feel it's absolutely necessary. Wasps just sting you for the lulz. (Although saying that I have never been stung, but I don't wish to either...)

Totally going off the topic of creepy crawly shizzle here but...

It's the last week of term and of course everyone is going home for the summer :( Some of us are staying in Portsmouth though because we have jobs here. Last night we were saying goodbye and I said something about at least me and this other guy are in Portsmouth so we can see eachother, and he just responds with "Yeah but what's the likelihood we'll bump into eachother". Jeeesh, well, if you don't want to meet up with your friends then fine! He'd already disappeared earlier that night to go to a different club (although the one we were in was pretty terrible), and lately he's just been constantly moaning.

Life is changing for us all again, but there really is no need to be such a (you know what...) towards your friends. Then again, he is the only one staying without a job, but that is his own fault...

Some people just need to grow up, I guess :closedeyes: