Rant

Theme Park bloke

Just found one of my four fish floating belly up to that great pond in the sky.

I've only had them a couple of months and I don't know what I'm doing with them. They seemed to be happier recently, more active and feeding well, but now I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.

Maybe it was suicide?!

Just found one of my four fish floating belly up to that great pond in the sky.

I've only had them a couple of months and I don't know what I'm doing with them. They seemed to be happier recently, more active and feeding well, but now I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.

Maybe it was suicide?!

Was it goldfish or like tropical ones ?

if it was belly up then it is swim bladder disease which is a virus which make the fish go belly up and then after a few hours of that it dies. I only know this because I have clown fish and one had it but I managed to treat it in time. It's not contagious so it should affect other fish :P the disease is random and can happen anytime so it isn't suicide :P

if it was belly up then it is swim bladder disease which is a virus which make the fish go belly up and then after a few hours of that it dies. I only know this because I have clown fish and one had it but I managed to treat it in time. It's not contagious so it should affect other fish :P the disease is random and can happen anytime so it isn't suicide :P

!?

Think of the fish! Which is it!?

• 2 weeks later...

This may be waffly but I am so fricking angry I could punch a wall (and might do in a bit)

Just had yet another argument with my older sister - we have never really got on, probably too close in age as there is only 13 months between us (although I get on well with my younger sister and we are only 2 years apart). She never fails to make me feel like a complete stack of poop and is the biggest hypocrite I have ever met. Arrrrghhh actually not gonna type anymore cos this will turn into an epic rant and bleurgggh. Just wanna thank y'all here for the help and positivity you guys have given me this year - I get nothing but negative comments from my older sister and it is doing my nut in. I feel so thankful that I have met and/or chatted to so many of you lovely people.

Now off to punch that wall >>>>>>>>>>

We're here Han! I've said before that you shouldn't take on board the criticisms of someone who has very little else to say to you. Especially if they register such a small presence in your life! I won't patronise and say you need to iron things out as you're both grown women and whatever problems you have had/have will be your own, and you'll deal with it in your own ways, even if it means ignoring each other. But I will say don't forget who your friends are - you've said it yourself that TPM especially has helped you through some **** times, and we're at least a moderately alright bunch o' people. :P

Thanks Sidders - I get really angry with myself for letting my sister get to me the way she does - she was very controlling when we lived together and it is impossible to have an assertive conversation with her because her aggressiveness is too much. She knows exactly which buttons to press and, if it wasn't for my niece I think I could easily cut my ties with her.

I remember before my first trip to Thorpe this year and her telling me that I shouldn't go because I might have a panic attack and that I would be too scared to go on the coasters - that trip (the Swarm photoshoot) was amazing - I didn't panic and I went on all the coasters (and got photo proof ;) ) - and that was with a lot of help from you guys.

One thing I can't stand is people who consider things to be "rubbish" just because they don't like them!

I quote from my mother: "I can't understand why people would pay to go in a maze and be scared by people dressed up! It's a load of rubbish."

Some people... :rolleyes:

This..... This is why I get annoyed with people because they say something is rubbish in a one sided response and when you say you like it they launch a vicious attack on you, I mean its like what the hell I'm allowed to have my opinion. yeah so rant over, but yeah that is one thing that grinds my gears haha :P

One thing I can't stand is people who consider things to be "rubbish" just because they don't like them!

I quote from my mother: "I can't understand why people would pay to go in a maze and be scared by people dressed up! It's a load of rubbish."

Some people... :rolleyes:

This totally gets on my wotsits aswell. My sister (the not so nice one) is constantly taking the pee out of me for going to theme parks and talking about rides (I don't talk about rides all the time but my niece loves talking about coasters). Apparantly I am "sad" - well, sad, pathetic, lazy, selfish, retarded, ugly - you name it, it has probably been said to me.

Trying to work out if she is cheesed off because I have made some really good friends this year and she has none (because she won't allow her b/f to have friends) or that I am actually getting out and about. And because I am getting out a bit more I get the fact that I don't currently have a job shoved in my face :( I WANT to work but have massive anxiety issues, along with other shizz - I am okay going out to places with people who I feel comfortable with but when I go out of my flat on my own (which is usually only if I have an appointment) I need a LOT of medication to do so. Actually going to theme parks has helped my anxiety a lot plus my confidence in meeting new people - theme parks are a buzz for me which in the past, I would do negative things to get an adrenaline rush from.

My sister was SO controlling when I lived at home and still is, using my niece as a weapon constantly which is really hurtful. She used to love theme parks and coasters (back when I was too scared to go on them) but is, er rather large now and can't ride them so I don't know if there is a bit of jealousy there. What peed me off massively was when, the other day she was sending abusive text messages to me and I pointed out that she shouldn't think she is always right - her response was "I don't think I am always right - I KNOW I AM". I suggested that she google narcissistic personality disorder - she sure fits the bill on that one.

Anyway, will shut up cos I am getting angry again...... :aggressive:

Han, your sister is quite welcome to call me to help her therapy, sounds like she needs some guidance.

You on the other hand have a great opportunity, to measure yourself against someone who it seems proves how well you are doing, 'cos you are able to say "that's not how I would treat someone!"

Life is a stage, we go out and perform and when we get back to our base, we can breathe a sigh of relief and consider we got away with it. Enjoy your life, and ease up on the comparisons, corners exist so that we don't know what's coming.

Your sister must have a pretty sad life if she spends her time criticising yours.

As to work/jobs, think outside the norm, question everything and not getting a job is not a failing, but somebody elses loss, Be You!

People.

I try so hard to please people and make up for mistakes, but they just don't see it, they only see the negative things, or the way(s) I used to be. It's so frustrating because I know I'm becoming a better person, I feel better within myself, I can see where I'm improving. I just keep on hitting the same brick wall with these people.

Another thing: I feel quite...outcast? Invisible? Not sure what word to use. People seem to be drifting away from me and now I just feel awkward with them, or like I'm not welcome. I seem to just be there but not part of a friendship group. They're all gradually dispersing into their own smaller groups. I miss the old days where I could have a good, proper chat with people, when I felt I had people to turn to, where I could "get away" and have a laugh.

:(

I used to think I had loads of friends, but gradually realized most were "colleagues". I am a little older than most on this forum, and have few true friends, but they are the ones that will always be with you.

Don't look for friends, just be there for the exchanges that others need, the friendship will develop.

Assess the negative comments and those that annoy you, work out if there's any relevance. Life has a big rubbish bin beside it, where you put the useless negatives, once in, forget it.

Don't waste brain cells in regretting or worrying about things that you cannot change and that are past, file them but sift the good bits that you can benefit from, then look in the mirror and see who matters.

Really pleased to notice yesterday that my passport ran out last month and I'm on holiday next week. What a moron.

Trip to London Monday for the 1 day service it is then, and £128 out of my pocket for the trouble. Grrr.

Yeah, I would forget to check my passport's expiry date, if I hadn't already know mine expires in 2016. My sister's boyfriend lost his passport and luckily he managed to get one 2 weeks before he went.

I used to think I had loads of friends, but gradually realized most were "colleagues". I am a little older than most on this forum, and have few true friends, but they are the ones that will always be with you.

Don't look for friends, just be there for the exchanges that others need, the friendship will develop.

Assess the negative comments and those that annoy you, work out if there's any relevance. Life has a big rubbish bin beside it, where you put the useless negatives, once in, forget it.

Don't waste brain cells in regretting or worrying about things that you cannot change and that are past, file them but sift the good bits that you can benefit from, then look in the mirror and see who matters.

With me, I find it easy to make friends but I find it harder to maintain friendships / relationships with people, especially if they live far away. As people get older, they drift away and they make newer ones, so it's hard to just ask someone to meet up and do something.

I'd rather have 5 or 6 really, good friends who I can concentrate on, than having 30 or 40 'temp friends' I won't ever see again. It sucks at the same time, because there are people I've met and have tons in common with and would be great friends with, but live so far away from me, that I will probably never get the chance to meet them

I dream of the day that Star Trek teleporters or something similar are invented

I agree with having a few good friends than a lot of "temp" friends. I have always been lacking in the friends department due to being quite shy and well, a bit odd. Plus a few years ago, someone who I thought was a good friend cut all contacts with me without even telling me why - it hurt but I would have preferred to have known what the hell I did wrong rather than being ignored - friendships are important and I would never go out of my way to sabotage one.

I would also love some sort of teleportation device - that would be pretty cool (although a bit freaky!)

On the subject of friends, my sis is being a ***** again. She seems to spend her time finding ways to insult and/or control me - what frustrates me more is the way I react to it and the way that I allow her to make me feel like a stack of poop. I don't have a big family and the sister that I "do" get on with lives quite far away. My sis seems to have a problem with me going out a little bit more - I think she prefferered it when I was practically househound. Going back to the friendship thing, I haven't seen a good friend of mine for weeks - she has just started teaching so understandably has been busy. But I sent her a text message yesterday to wish her a happy birthday and to tell her that I have somethng for her and have heard nothing back :( - so I ate the chocolate I bought.

So yeah - friendships - they are great to have but crud when it all goes pear shaped which, in my case is a fair bit.

I agree with having a few good friends than a lot of "temp" friends. I have always been lacking in the friends department due to being quite shy and well, a bit odd. Plus a few years ago, someone who I thought was a good friend cut all contacts with me without even telling me why - it hurt but I would have preferred to have known what the hell I did wrong rather than being ignored - friendships are important and I would never go out of my way to sabotage one.

I would also love some sort of teleportation device - that would be pretty cool (although a bit freaky!)

On the subject of friends, my sis is being a ***** again. She seems to spend her time finding ways to insult and/or control me - what frustrates me more is the way I react to it and the way that I allow her to make me feel like a stack of poop. I don't have a big family and the sister that I "do" get on with lives quite far away. My sis seems to have a problem with me going out a little bit more - I think she prefferered it when I was practically househound. Going back to the friendship thing, I haven't seen a good friend of mine for weeks - she has just started teaching so understandably has been busy. But I sent her a text message yesterday to wish her a happy birthday and to tell her that I have somethng for her and have heard nothing back :( - so I ate the chocolate I bought.

So yeah - friendships - they are great to have but crud when it all goes pear shaped which, in my case is a fair bit.

We are all here for you Han :) I assure you that!

Back onto the friendships thing. If one falls apart, don't worry. There are over 7 billion people in the world so you'll find someone who likes you for you and none of the bull**** people come out with.

I'm civil to most people and I have a few very good friends and some 'just' friends for the sake of my larger friendship groups. However I am very honest to people about what I like/dislike and will try and always be upfront about things which is how you form true friendships.

So yeah cut the bull****. These 'all round' nice people you meet are positive nice people to you but from my experience they are less good at the real deal of friendship.

Thanks for tuning in to Tom's Tips.

• 2 weeks later...

The other day I went into TESCO in New Malden to buy GTA 5. The last time I played GTA was the PSP game from years ago. A lot of people were talking about it and saying how good and miles better than the previous GTA's.

I get to the counter and ask for it and I get ID'd, which I'm shocked about. I've bought plenty of 18 rated games before and have never got ID'd. I went into Waitrose twice the previous week and bought a couple of bottles of Cider (Kopparberg & Rekorderlig) and I never got ID'd before.

I explained that I am 24 years old and haven't been asked for ID and I asked to speak to his manager. The manager said the same thing and I was actually pretty, damn pissed off. The fact that I am ACTUALLY well above the age of 18 and don't even look 18 but still got ID'd annoyed me.

FFS, how old do you have to be to not get ID'd....? -_-

I don't know much about sales and stuff, but isn't there the Think 25 policy?

I think it's for alcohol mainly, but if someone looks under 25, staff are meant to ID you. It would make sense if the same policy applied to 18-Rated games.

Surely you have some form of ID on you all the time anyway, so it shouldn't be too big a deal anyway?