Rant

Theme Park bloke

In stores that operate the 'Think 25 policy', there are clearly adverts/signs up at the entrance of the store and at the areas containing the age restricted products. There's no need to take it personally, the cashier clearly thought you look under 25 (which you do) so they asked to check for your ID, it's not meant as an insult, just a procedure that they have to go by.

My wife is 35 and she last got ID'd last year! Get used to it and carry ID, it's no biggie. Also, it doesn't matter who you ask for/moan at, once you have been asked for ID it means the cashier suspects you may be underage and it would be illegal for them to serve you with that suspicion, which can only be discounted with ID, and a manager can not over ride the cashiers decision in any circumstance.

Just carry ID Will. If you were in fact under 18 and we'd sold you an age-restricted product we could potentially get fired (or at least a disciplinary hearing). We'd also get ourselves a criminal record, and so would the owner of the store.

But... more light-heartedly... I work at Sainsbury's and erm... well. The first time I asked ID for someone who I thought looked under 25 turned out to be... uhhhm... 37. Woopsy.

But you have to understand this man had fantastic skin.

FANTASTIC I SAY.

Yeah, tbh I expect to get Id'd all the time when buying alcohol and restricted material.

However there was this time I was Id'd in a pub and showed an ID (validate card) and despite saying I was ages 18 and over was rejected from the drink as they said they weren't really allowed to accept them there and despite college mates saying that this I'd was valid and workable, it still got rejected= no beer and the fact I was rather p***** off.

Yeah, tbh I expect to get Id'd all the time when buying alcohol and restricted material.

However there was this time I was Id'd in a pub and showed an ID (validate card) and despite saying I was ages 18 and over was rejected from the drink as they said they weren't really allowed to accept them there and despite college mates saying that this I'd was valid and workable, it still got rejected= no beer and the fact I was rather p***** off.

if it has the 'Pass' holographic logo on then it is valid ID, if it doesn't display this logo then it's not official form of ID.

Lol this is what worries me about working somewhere that would involve ID checks, as I'm pretty bad at judging people's ages. I tend to think people are older than they are (so would probs not ask for ID and get fired...well maybe not, but you get my drift) :o

I was ID'd for painkillers in Boots a few years ago...and the minimum age to purchase them was 16!! Was not impressed!!

And then there was the time (also a few years ago) that I went to buy some alcohol in a local shop, and I showed my provisional licence...and the guy behind the till didn't believe me and said something about the photo (to be fair my hair was different, long in the pic with grown out fringe, short in real life with a fringe...but, NOBODY before or since then doubted the validity of the licence!) :o And of course, there had to be a grumpy looking woman in the queue behind me, and I ended up worrying what she would be thinking of me, if she thought I was some trouble-making "youngster" or something :lol: Since then I've had no issues, the staff in there have been extra friendly since and recognise me not to ID me :P It did knock my confidence a bit though! I mean, going out and buying alcohol isn't an everyday occurence (despite what some here may think of me ;) Lol), and the less often you do something which you lose/lack confidence in, the harder it is. Although deep down, I knew that if I encountered any issues again, I could ask for a manager, who would hopefully have the sense to recognise a real ID from a fake one (I'm assuming anyway!). I ended up carrying both my pasport and my provisional around with me incase though :$

Of course, I know staff/companies and shizz have to be careful and all that, and when I'm 40 odd it will be a compliment and a good thing! To be honest, it sometimes doesn't bother me as I assume I will be ID'd and always have my provisional with me in my purse...but sometimes, and especially when the staff comment on how young I look, it can feel a bit demeaning!

Majority of stores operate think 25 now, so even if they think you are over 18, but look under 25, you'll be asked for ID.

It's all lumped under one category, as I've been ID'd for bonjela or something which requires you to be 16, and although the girl said I look about 20, because of think 25 she has to use that.

But anyway, almost everyone carries ID, and people MUST be used to being asked for ID by now.. so I don't see any sort of problem with it.

I got asked for I.D when buying cigarettes!

At first I thought the cashier as joking and I just laughed and went to pay her but she was insistent on ID! She was actually being deadly serious!

I'm 30 years old and was working at the time....as a policeman,

No joke....did make me chuckle!

Haha, people freeze and do the most stupid things when the uniform is in front of them, don't they?! I once had a shopworker tell me it was illegal for them to serve me with anything while I was on duty, having clearly not understood their alcohol restriction training. Just the sort of stupid you need after many hours of scene pres.

Grr, my blooming student house this year seems to have been riddled with problem after problem so far...

When I arrived:

- The radiators in my part of the house didn't work.

- I couldn't get WiFi in my part of the house.

- Two of the 3 communal showers on the ground floor didn't work.

- Had regular power cuts.

After a few emails with the Landlords (who have just yesterday got back from a 3 week holiday...), finally had all of that fixed. Though, in saying that, the radiator in my room is still dodgy.

And now, the heat sensor in the kitchen is seemingly overly sensitive, so it going off when it shouldn't be, causing the REALLY REALLY REALLY loud fire alarm to scream all throughout the house. And, on top of that, the washing machine (which we have to pay to use) leaves all our clothes ringing wet after a cycle, and the dryer (again, which we have to pay for), doesn't dry our clothes, but just simply heats them up.

On top of all of that, our of 24 people in our house, I seem to be the only one who can be bothered to actually try and sort any of this out, or email the Landlords to let them know about the problems. It just seriously annoys me that no one else can be bothered to do anything about it, when it's all stuff we need sorting out.

And, whilst I'm ranting... Someone from Halls last year has managed to secure on campus accommodation again this year, for health reasons. She has chronic fatigue syndrome (I don't know what the proper name is if that isn't the proper name, but meh) which affected her badly a few years, and the travel to and from campus each day (which is probably a 40-60 minute round trip, depending on traffic) would exhaust her too much. Fair enough. But, her boyfriend lives in the same house as me, and she's spent every day this week, bar one, staying here, and making the exact same journey which everyone else does!

Don't get me wrong, staying over once in a while is fine; not against that at all. But when she's managed to get on-campus accommodation - which is very hard to get at the moment - and then has only used it once or twice, it's just ground my gears a bit...

Haha, people freeze and do the most stupid things when the uniform is in front of them, don't they?! I once had a shopworker tell me it was illegal for them to serve me with anything while I was on duty, having clearly not understood their alcohol restriction training. Just the sort of stupid you need after many hours of scene pres.

I have a feeling that even that has now changed and they can serve an officer in uniform... However, I can't think of anyone that would buy it on duty!

I try and refrain from buying my tobacco on duty as I can't be bothered with the comments....on the occasion described, I had actually ran out after a 12hr scene guard ironically enough!!

Sounds like you're just having a bad day or people just disagree with your opinions; I struggle to believe the whole world is out to get you and want to argue, you might find re-reading arguments will give you a clearer outline to when it went wrong and pinpoint ways to not encounter such aggression again.

It really annoys meaning Thorpe's Facebook page and general with the amount of people complaining about how the Asylum is offensive towards people with mental health conditions, when the attraction is completely fictitious and is based on no real people or characters and just uses deadly actors that scare people.

The amount of people protesting worries me about the maze's future that how one if their better mazes may have to close just because of selfish, obnoxious OTT people.

I disagree with the extremeness of some of the arguments, but I understand where they are coming from. Saying things like mazes themed around HIV and Slavery dilutes their argument though. Thorpe can just either continue arguing with people that don't listen to the other side of the fence, they could just change the name and stop the issue now or they can help with publicity.

All in all, that makes all three ex-Tussauds parks having some kind of boycott this year. I love boycotts, you can really tell the difference in gate figures after a boycott.