Rant

Theme Park bloke

This is a forum guys, seriously stop this behaviour.If you are getting into a heated debate, maybe think about stepping back from the argument.Remember - the key to posting well and being successful on this forum is If this was happening in real life, what would my response be. There is a minority that is slowly turning into a majority that are having picky little fights that ruin the forum for everyone else. As ever, if you have a quibble, PM the person themselves or a moderator!

• 2 weeks later...

You know what **** it !!!I hate how everything is so bloody one-sided on this forum. There are people who get away with so much ****, but when I do it, no it's not allowed and everyone jumps on me, tears me to pieces and says how I'm so annoying and weird. I don't get away with anything because I'm not one of you guys; the ones in the inner circle who go to theme parks all the time. I've for ages have asked Marc to allow me to be a mod or to take on some responsibility, to prove myself and I keep getting pushed over by people who are 5 younger than me and I feel stupid and pathetic asking people to give me a chance, when people should be giving me chances anyways. Certain people on this forum call me annoying and I mean seriously? You don't think some of you guys can be annoying. But do I go start slagging you guys off, no I don't because I try to look past that and take the good with the bad and the ugly. And it should work both ways but it unfortunately doesn't here.I get people apologising to me over Facebook saying how they have realised they have been horrible to me. But why now, did they just realise this. I get the impression that people are being fake and are intentionally being horrible to me, when I've done nothing wrong.Haven't I suffered enough?I got punched, kicked and racially-verbally abused in middle/high-school for 7 years and I tried to kill myself at 15 because I'm different and I don't conform to normality or be abusive to people to make myself look cool and hard.I just don't understand people at times...

Edited by Will

People are quite generally idiots (and much worse)...Best thing to do is either ignore them or report them... Not sure what you're referencing to fully here, but when you posted THAT picture in the Mudkip thread it was mainly a "OMG IT'S A BIEBER! KILL IT!" reaction, and kinda didn't fit into the point of the topic (which is of course, to post lots of Mudkips)...You just gotta tell people to shove it sometimes...If someone 5 years younger than me is having a pop at me, I'll have a pop back, because quite frankly, they get what's coming...So in short, smack the gits...

I posted the Bieber picture because it was posted in the other random topic and I thought it would be fun. I didn't think for a second this would be a mudkip topic because how stupid would that be. It's a topic for posting random things.

My topic wasn't for posting random things, but for Mudkips (and other Pokemon related imagery)... And it's not stupid...

Will, I totally sympathise with you. I will try and do more as a mod, now I am starting to feel better and have caught up with college work. Everyone should be treated the same, regardless of who they are as a person. You do seem to get a lot of negativity and it is bang out of order, I've said it before and I'll say it again: some people on this forum need to grow up and treat people with the respect they deserve. Some people are different and have difficulties which are beyond their control. They have to live with them everyday which is one thing; being singled out and bullied is another. I quote from Dr Seuss: "Be who you are and say what you feel; for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

You know what **** it !!!I hate how everything is so bloody one-sided on this forum. There are people who get away with so much ****, but when I do it, no it's not allowed and everyone jumps on me, tears me to pieces and says how I'm so annoying and weird. I don't get away with anything because I'm not one of you guys; the ones in the inner circle who go to theme parks all the time. I've for ages have asked Marc to allow me to be a mod or to take on some responsibility, to prove myself and I keep getting pushed over by people who are 5 younger than me and I feel stupid and pathetic asking people to give me a chance, when people should be giving me chances anyways. Certain people on this forum call me annoying and I mean seriously? You don't think some of you guys can be annoying. But do I go start slagging you guys off, no I don't because I try to look past that and take the good with the bad and the ugly. And it should work both ways but it unfortunately doesn't here.I get people apologising to me over Facebook saying how they have realised they have been horrible to me. But why now, did they just realise this. I get the impression that people are being fake and are intentionally being horrible to me, when I've done nothing wrong.Haven't I suffered enough?I got punched, kicked and racially-verbally abused in middle/high-school for 7 years and I tried to kill myself at 15 because I'm different and I don't conform to normality or be abusive to people to make myself look cool and hard.I just don't understand people at times...

In all seriousness you shouldn't let people get to you like this. It's only the internet. Just ignore the fags. And you seem to rant about these people an awful lot, my advice is just to calm down a little and try and take a more positive outlook, because from what I've seen you seem like an incredibly paranoid person and that is never a good thing. Loads of people hate me on the internet, and in person. Do I give a damn what they think? Not really, unless it's something I've done personally wrong, but usually I'm aware of that. Their opinion does not matter to me.But yeah Benin's topic did have a point, which was Mudkips. Hence the internet meme 'I heard you liek Mudkipz'.

From a mod point of view it doesn't prove you to be bigger or take on everyone in an elitist way - we're here to delete the forum and help the admins take forward the site. We as keepers of the peace can't do it ourselves - I know for a fact people take this up personally when you need to swing the hammer around the forum. However; the team at the moment is the best it's ever been and we're trying to take the forum forward to new areas however too much of what you've posted about happening, is being posted. I for one will delete and throw the banhammer around EVEN IF it means no one likes me on the forum, and EVEN IF no one exists on this forum anymore. All those that disagree with this and Will's post need to take a long hard look at themselves and why they're here.

I like most people on this forum and I feel that people do personally attack specific people all the time. It's not on. Will is a lovely person and doesn't deseve half the stuff people have done. Take a look at yourselves when you've posted stuff that includes an insult and actually think about what that person may be going through. One thing people need to do is consider what goes on in other peoples lives. It doesn't take much.

I quote from Dr Seuss: "Be who you are and say what you feel; for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

This.People on TPM need to chill out a bit. There's constant bickering every single topic I go in these days and it sometimes reads like people are trying to suck the joy out of Tpm, and out of rides and rollercoasters. Which sort of defeats the point as theme parks are about fun.

However; the team at the moment is the best it's ever been

Is that because you're now on it. :)

To be honest, every social place on the internet has nastiness to some extent. It's just the way the internet is. And I'm certainly not innocent!People can write things to people they do not know that they would never say to their face, and words can be interpreted in many different (often negative) ways. You expect it really.

As some of you may have noticed I have a 'bit' of eczema on my top lip. Few people even know how self concious I am about it. When someone turns around texts your boyfriends little brother of whom I am very close to ''If she was a zombie would the top lip get better or worse'' What can you do? I had better explain, I can't do anything because his house is how I see most of my friends, I lose him = I lose my friends. God bless Reading and the 95% of the population who are backstabbing losers. Tbh that's not even all of it, that would take a long time to explain.

I thought that half term was supposed to be a time to be able to relax, regroup and just have a nice week away from college. You know, a break. But thanks to my politics teacher, that's now unlikely. I have an essay to do (which doesn't get graded, mind. But in not doing it, I'd receive another essay - that again, wouldn't get marked - due in on the following day...) which has to be of 4 pages minimum (and even then, we're told 4 pages is 'thin'. Wouldn't be so bad if we'd actually covered the stuff, but we haven't even touched on it. Then there's a presentation that has to be made. Has to be 5 minutes long (again, a minimum and that's considered 'short'), and again, has to be on a - different - topic that we've never covered before. And if we 'fail' that, guess what - an essay to do, due in for the next day! As if that wasn't bad enough, talking to a friend this evening, turns out on Friday more homework was set - including note taking on 2 chapters of the textbook (though, the amount of notes we're expected to take, we may as well be copying the textbook out) and an essay exam question to do. And, if they're not done, hey presto, an essay due in for the next day!I don't mind having homework to do over the half term / breaks, but there comes a point when there's just too much...

• 2 weeks later...