Samurai

Phill

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Samurai is programmed to have each pod start and end in the same position. I guess it refuses to lower if it is even a couple of mm out of place thus causing the common problem with finding its zero position.

Other top scans I have been on lower you in any random place and lowers virtually instantly once the ride arm comes to a stop. In case you don't get what I mean, for example you could start by going to the pod at the back of the ride and then when the cycle finishes you are suddenly at the front of the ride.

The problem seems to be with the main arm rather than the cross - you tend to line up above the marked areas but with the main arm a couple of degrees off-centre. I suspect the weight distribution of the ride could have something to do with it, but it seems like the sort of thing the ride should be capable of compensating for.

I remember on one occasion last year the ride lowered with the pods slightly off their intended position. Rather than just ignore it, the ride was raised and rotated all the way round, only for it to stop in the wrong place a 2nd time. Another 359 degrees later we'd finally got back to where we were supposed to be and were finally let off.

Didn't know until today that they won't run Samurai with fewer than 15 riders. Park was so dead today that we had to wait for more people to turn up to ride before they'd let us on!

Exactly - balancing. And I do believe Slammer works on a similar scale, I know that they do have to get the same amount of people in each paddle (or nearer).

Didn't know until today that they won't run Samurai with fewer than 15 riders. Park was so dead today that we had to wait for more people to turn up to ride before they'd let us on!

Last year I went when the park was so dead we had do wait for 20 mins for samurai to reach 15 people. We had a really good setting though and because the park was so dead we stayed on 2 more times(in a row) and got great settings! That was proabably the only time I have ever had good settings on samurai!!

Exactly - balancing. And I do believe Slammer works on a similar scale, I know that they do have to get the same amount of people in each paddle (or nearer).

Samurai isn't for balancing, it's for what I mentioned.

Slammer needs equal (or near enough equal to) loading on each paddle. Silly really!

Went on it once today. Rubbish setting, and took about 3 minutes to get to the lowering position

Just ask for a good setting...

I can't believe it's reached such an awful state :(

I think they need an updated (more reliable) model with wider spaced seats.

Anyone else hate how squashed your arms are? I personally love to put my arms up and feel threatened by a ride but I can't by Samurai, so uncomfortably squished D:

Mhm it's really squashed- I sware other topscans have more arm room?

The distance the seating is stopping from the platform is laughable. It is not exaggerating to say if it gets any worse they will need ladders to get people on and off, in fact they need to be careful they don't end up with some stupid injury claim because asking people to jump that high from an unstable seat on to a wet metal platform is a bit risky.

Strangely today I had a good ride, a couple of nice little manoeuvres, but I think this was luck more than ride effort. It wasn't going particularly fast.

Was designed to speed up boarding and all issues arising from a free-for-all.

Having numbers on arms will be utterly pointless as they'll constantly move, so guests will be confused where to go and it won't help at all. May as well go back to the old days than do that.