Samurai

Phill

Pretty certain the pods don't lock, it'll just be the way they are balanced and that at that point they are only turning on one axis so happen not to be rotating individually.

Yes but when funfair topscans whirlpool at the top why do they rotate individually instead of locking(I know they don't actually lock)?? This is what I don't understand, normally the seats would freely rotate but this time something funny is going on!!

I love how the ride operators try and beckon people to ride samurai when its empty :P

This is what the operator said to us once:

'Attention to everyone in the samurai area, we need a minimum of 15 people for samurai to begin. We have no queue so whoever is brave enough come and join us and you will be on the next ride!'

And yes, the pods do seem to be spinning faster however the settings are still slow.

I think thorpe are starting to care more about their rides and general presentation of the park. This year, it hasn't been the best year in terms of presentation of rides for thorpe with the loggers tunnel removed, however, chessie seem to be doing much worse at the moment with removing all the scenery of dragons falls!

It seems to be the same with samurai here, thorpe have taken it on the chin that samurai can only offer rubbish cycles(it is slow etc.) but they have shown they care by doing something about this. Samurai is meant to be 'intense' so thorpe have tried to make it as intense as possible by oiling the seats. Hopefully they will do this on a regular basis to offer riders a great experience.

Now I just hope we can get a refurb of rumba and and a repaint of Colossus :D

This year, it hasn't been the best year in terms of presentation of rides for thorpe with the loggers tunnel removed, however, chessie seem to be doing much worse at the moment with removing all the scenery of dragons falls!

I disagree with you here.

Swarm and X have had improvements which have improved their presentation. Inferno has had it's tunnel and station improved, Detonator has new restraints, Depth Charge has new boats, Saw's effects have been working fine and dandy and so forth. I'd say this year has been pretty darn good for presentation of rides (and general presentation inside the park); the Loggers tunnel, as poor as it is presentation-wise in my opinion, isn't a reflection on Thorpe's presentation of rides.

I disagree with you here.

Swarm and X have had improvements which have improved their presentation. Inferno has had it's tunnel and station improved, Detonator has new restraints, Depth Charge has new boats, Saw's effects have been working fine and dandy and so forth. I'd say this year has been pretty darn good for presentation of rides (and general presentation inside the park); the Loggers tunnel, as poor as it is presentation-wise in my opinion, isn't a reflection on Thorpe's presentation of rides.

I didn't say the year wasn't good I just said it wasn't the best. Thorpe are ovbiously working really hard on their rides as we can see, slammer is still running!

when I went on 2nd april I had two goes on samurai first time it was crap and 2nd time absolutly amazing that time I got such good spins and it seemed a little quicker must of been different settings

It could have been different settings but I also realised that some of the seats spin faster than others. It seems that only 4 seats have been oiled and are spinning much faster than the others- it is ovbious to tell which seats spin faster so it is better to sit on those ones :D

• 1 month later...

Remember those fir trees that used to do a DAMM good job, covering up SAW and providing a FRICKEN AMAZING experience on Samurai? What caused them to be cut down? Some say it's health and safety issues, but I didnt see the problem in those trees being there!

A while ago when I was at the park someone hit their foot on one of the tree's when riding Samurai, they seemed to be in a lot of pain. I have no idea whether this has anything to do with the removal of the trees but it's something to consider.

A while ago when I was at the park someone hit their foot on one of the tree's when riding Samurai, they seemed to be in a lot of pain. I have no idea whether this has anything to do with the removal of the trees but it's something to consider.

I could touch the trees with my foot last year so this could be the reason. Only brushed it though.