Samurai

Phill

I never got to ride the old Samurai, but I've rode speed wave at flamingo land which is alot faster, but it does something similar to that where it stops in the middle, which is so fun, probably the best part. Couldn't help but notice saw stuck, don't even know how it stops there?

I've been on a fairground circuit one at Funderworld called Top Buzz a couple of times, and it's run on such an intense setting, it doesn't become fun because it feels like you're being dragged sideways out the seat, whist forcing yourself to try and keep your legs in, as it hurts letting them fling outwards (well it hurts either way) - and actually prefer samurai on a tamer setting... but admittedly since riding it for the first time in 2009 when it was amazing, it has got worse every year unfortunately :/

It is actually my favourite ride at Thorpe, with a good cycle it can be great. Fun, fast and intense. Although the parallel parking they do to land the thing again has taken a while at times. I wouldn't mind it just landing the way it already is when it finishes the cycle, but I guess it's down to health and safety.

• 2 weeks later...

It's clear it can't handle being run on a decent setting as on FN preview night it was running one of the faster settings and what then happens? The thing breaks again. What's the betting it doesn't reopen at all between now and end of season?

+ Maybe it also can't handle being run 12 hours a day 10am-10pm

so it's been broke since friday - as it failed to open then, after a few hours of testing / trying they gave up, and stuck a sign at the entrance.

if they haven't bothered doing anything a few days later, I'm not keeping my hopes up that it will be open for my trip on friday, or even when I go in half term - reckon it will be closed for the season now! (if only it broke earlier, like last year then they could do major maintenance and then open it back up in time for fright nights haha)

Yes I know, I didn't really mean it like that. I was just saying it will be very misleading as people will go thinking they will be able to ride samurai in the dark but then they won't be...

Sorry for double post!

Samurai is still closed, as my friend went yesterday and it was still shut. Hope it reopens soon!

Edited by Tommy
Double post, easily rectified.