Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

I was just looking at the snow update, the ride looks brilliant, only a few days until it pops up to scare the daylights out of us.I did have one question that I didn't know about, and was wondering what you thought about it.We basically know that the inside of the station and ride will be brilliantly themed, but has anything been said about the outside queuing?.I can guess that the Saw Theme Music will be used throughout the ride..or the music will be remixed for the ride in some way (we only have a little over a month to wait to see), but do you think Jigsaw will have *planted* traps on the outside of the queue, like special switches that will make things jump up etc. Such as the gas canister thing we saw in earlier updates *exploding*. I think this would probs be a brilliant way to build up hte tension in the queue lines, and can also be used in Fright Nights to go LIVE!ANyway that's my opinion, what do you all think Chris :)

http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/128 - Update from today, shows some views of SAW in the snow. It seems the test seat has no seat-belt. Posted ImageI love how you can vaguely see CCR rails re-directed to going under the Immelman Turn.

Perhaps no belts will add to the general thrill of the ride :) and wow, in the snow it looks amazing. I'm so excited for the opening of this now and to be able to go from looking at it to riding it.

There is also the question of how many cars they will actually have on track at once.

8 in peak, then probably down to 4 or 3 on dead days :rolleyes:

They'll probably launch them at a similar rate to Dragon's Fury, possibly slower.

Massive Immelman Turn

That is big! I like the way railway goes underneath that. How high is it, it looks bigger than Fury's?

Wonder if there'll be getting nets under that. Otherise things could easily fall onto the tracks.

Well, I'm sure we'll see them in the future, if they don't appear straight away.

WOW, thats well cool. But are they leaving the queue line fences like that

Let's hope not.Saw is looking sweet in the snow! If only the photographer of this picture had stood more to the right, as you can see the Samurai platform, and you might've been able to seeif Samurai's still there. Having seen that, my guess now is that it's still there at the moment, and it's staying the same this year.

I went down Monks walk today and saw them testing the ride continuaslly. One thing to to note is that everytime the cars go down the first drop an alarm is played. Part of the theme perhaps? Also the cars are going through the final dive loop much slower than in the original testing video. It looks like there will be some great hangtime there!!! :rolleyes:

Hey everyone!This is officially my first post on the forums here, though to be honest I've been reading this topic for a while now :rolleyes: It's very apparent they're are huge differences in people's opinion on this ride but I'll just point out where I am in the scheme of things...I love Saw: The Ride, I love the theme, the coaster itself... meh | I get annoyed by people who keep thinking Samurai is going to be re-themed this season :rolleyes:Anyway enough about me, does anyone think the winners of the Saw competition are going to be released on the 13th of this month?... And also I have one little complaint about the whole ride. Does anyone think that if this ride is so incredibly themed as Thorpe want us to believe (which don't get me wrong would be a good thing), it will make Nemesis Inferno, Colossus and Stealth look a bit rubbish? (theme wise! !)(I don't want into an argument with some of you over enthusiastic fans :P)

I tottaly agree with you, Alex! All the other rides will look like turd compared to Saw, however, there is also the question as to what theming will be working atleast 90% of the time. Take duel for example! That is supposed to have a whole TON of effects yet only a handful of them work. Hopefully now with merlin in control, they will up their game.

... And also I have one little complaint about the whole ride. Does anyone think that if this ride is so incredibly themed as Thorpe want us to believe (which don't get me wrong would be a good thing), it will make Nemesis Inferno, Colossus and Stealth look a bit rubbish? (theme wise! !)

Never mind Colossus, Inferno and Stealth - what about XNWO?!That's a joke enough as it is, let alone with SAW to compare with! Imagine it, guests come off SAW all "WOW!! That was brilliant, the theming is immense!!" then they decide to go on XNWO...their faces? :D :D :rolleyes:...:P "What a joke this is!!!"Sorry, I couldn't resist! I know some people on here still love XNWO and will stick up for it, which is fine because everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But personally, I think it's had its day, and it should be Thorpe's next priority to sort out. The "re-theme" in 07, erm well let's see, the manaquins on Animation 3 don't light up cos the sensors broke or stopped working for whatever reason at the start of 08, the bulbs in the queueline are fading so the red and blue is no way near as good as in 07. I know they had a small budget to work with and that those bulbs in the queueline are expensive to replace (from what I heard). And I was glad that they did attempt to improve the ride. But what really needs to be looked at is the general state of the building - the bag room they built in 07 at the front was out of use from halfway through 2008, because the ceiling collapsed...because of water leaking. The whole building is falling apart, whenever it rains there are bits of the wall and roof falling off. Which can happen at anytime during the day, so a guest can walk through the queueline and...well. Ideally the building needs to be demolished and re-built to permanently fix the problems (pretty much a quote from an engineer), but that's pretty extreme, so duct tape and plasterboard it is!Oh and how could I forget - DUST! Everywhere! Anyway, that doesn't stop me thinking positively about SAW...not long to go now woo!

By the looks of it, it was dispatching every 15 seconds or so - about the same time as Fury does. Presumably the capacity will be double what Fury does at peak.

It would be though as there aren't any guests taking their time getting on the ride, there's no bars being checked. There isn't anything stopping the cars going out regularly.(Oh and btw Fury cars go out about every 30 seconds :rolleyes:)

The station is looking really good :rolleyes:

Not bad, not bad at all :P Changing the subject completely (briefly), is Saw: The Ride adapting the YourDay system like at Alton or are they simply placing a video camera at the front of the car filming the entire thing and then you just get it in the photo bit at the end?I presume the latter as I'm not sure how they would film the inside bit but still does anyone know any details on that?

I know THORPE PARK have said that but somehow I doubt they will have a video camera on the front recording it...but the will definatly have a on-ride photo section.If you look at the Car on the latest update you will see no evidence of a video camera or mabye they haven't installed video cameras but they probally will not have them.Could someone send me the link for that Stealth Video cannot seem to find it.Thanks