Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Posted ImageSitting on the far left hand side, that bit must feel so much like an inversion!The ride does seem to be coming along nicely. The barbed wire can be seen from the bridge and even outside the park, giving that feeling straight away of evil and darkness. From what I've heard; one of the best themed rides in Europe?

I personally don't see this as the best themed ride in Europe for 2009.The other eurofighter being built at Hansa Park in Germany is themed far more extensive and also Blue Fire at Europa Park is looking to be amazingly themed.But this should still be the best themed in the UK.

Saturday 7th March 2009 – The site was very busy all day with worker and ride testing and polishing, getting ready for next week. More painting and signs around the place and extra themeing going on. The police car will hopefully be staying because of the siren sounds and flashing lights going on. The Colossus and Samurai queue lines have been extended. New paving is being laid from Samurai to SAW. (Spoiler) lots of sounds being played around the area such as the loud clangs, police sirens, and “Billy” the evil puppet laughing just before you go up the lift. And much more sound you can just about hear on my videos.See Pictures (video will be up Tomorrow morning, Pics being uploaded and edited by the minute)

Great pics and vids :)Personal fave: Posted Image

Has The TV Advert Been On TV Yet, Iv Just Been To The Cinema To See The Unborn And Small Cut Of It Was Shown. In the advert Jigsaw appears on a screen and says "Hello, I want to play a game" then it shows a video of the 100" drop. Its Only On For 10 Seconds But Its Enough To Get Anyone Excited. :)

It has not been released on television yet as far as I know.Also, a little pointer for you mate, try to avoid using capitals at the beginning of each word please, it can become irritating. Cheers.

Yeah, I thought that, people may be mislead by the arch that is wider than the actual queues and is left open for the world to pass through. How peculiar...

The bit in the middle is only open for access to the maintenance shed, it will be closed most of the time when the area is open.

Hopefully the windmill will be covered in blood spatters and possibly a derelict-looking frame to make it fit in.

I wonder if it will be a rusty windmill?

I know it sounds a bit picky, but one thing that would annoy me is if the ground is un-themed. It would be pretty easy to stain some bloody footprints heading towards the entrance of the queue and a few blood splatters across that main area, otherwise leaving it looking like new laid brickwork will spoil the great attention to detail they've put into the other parts of the area.

I can see what you're getting at here, and yes, theming the ground with blood splats on it is an idea, but probably too costly. Anyway, it'll soon be covered in dirty chewing gum.

See Pictures or

That video shows a still of Samurai up in the air towards the "back", complete with the pods and the rest of the ride all re-assembled. I assume it's testing!

Well that FINALLY shuts up people who still believe Samurai is still being re-themed...Posted ImageAnd if there was a re-painting of the pods, it certaintly hasn't been painted a different colour.

Wahey! Samurai lives, and it lives no different than the last few years! Good to see it all back in one piece and testing!

I think that means Samurai should be open for main sesson, hopefully.(sorry for coming off topic)

I hope so!Posted ImageThis sign is looking awesome! I like the lights on the top of it. They remind me a bit of the lights around the Tidal Wave queueline!

0:00-1:40 Some nice footage :)And watch it carefully and you can see that the cars keep moving through the block brakes whilst the TV message is playing. :)
Here's another Video from Yesterday I took (may take a while to load). You can hear “Billy” the evil puppet laughing and other clang sounds being played just before you go up the lift hill. It does stop a little going through the brakes but all Euro-Fighters always do that.

Anyone know is SAW will have a little led sign like Colossus and Nemesis etc. saying how long the queue is?

I presume so. Although it has not been spotted yet in any pictures, guests will need to know the queue length, and a LED board is probably the easiest way to do it :).