Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

• 4 weeks later...

I'm heading up there at the end of the month and I've realised that it's most probably going to coincide with BPB's halloween event, how is it?

I've heard that the atmosphere is amazing (BPB at night is amazing anyway), and there are roaming actors around the park but the horror maze isn't anything special, just a bit of fun.

I will be experiencing Vampire Beach this year and am looking forward to it, mostly just to be back at the park and in the dark!

why would they want to get an air race for... I mean it's hardly unique to the uk, if I wanted to ride one I'd just go drayton manor, or if I'd already been on one, wouldn't be in any rush to go to bpb. so for that reason I hope it's not an air race and more of a unique flat ride to the uk theme park market. gerstaluer sky fly or roller anyone!?  :)

At least they're actually getting something new though for once, which for a park like Blackpool (though big) has struggled in previous years it's actually good there getting something new. Whilst an Air Race wouldn't be the. It's unique for a country mile, it would give the park a decent family thrill flat even though something more unique and original would be proffered.

Beats Merlins 2015 offerings so far, which are currently just glorified log cabins, a new show and some low key retheme.

At least they're actually getting something new though for once, which for a park like Blackpool (though big) has struggled in previous years it's actually good there getting something new. Whilst an Air Race wouldn't be the. It's unique for a country mile, it would give the park a decent family thrill flat even though something more unique and original would be proffered.

Beats Merlins 2015 offerings so far, which are currently just glorified log cabins, a new show and some low key retheme.

I'm evidently being a bit dim here, but what Merlin attraction is getting a new show?  :o

Every Park should have an Air Race. Screw bloody top spins and scans, air races are amazing! If Blackpool getsan Air Race then brilliant! I don't think any flat ride they install would lure masses of people to the place. Not like Drayton is next to Blackpool either so people further north won't necessarily even have seen one let alone ridden one!

Air race please Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/blackpoolpleasurebeach/photos/a.274171267364.146228.88885897364/10152761305387365/?type=1&theater

Another hint towards the new attraction - so if its going to be plane based then surely it'll either be an Air Race or Sky Fly 

Will certainly be nice to see how it turns out and nice to see their latest additions resembling British things (Wallace and Gromit, Red Arrows and Union Jack Big One Trains)

Confirmation also here: http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Red-Arrows-themed-ride-open-Blackpool-Pleasure/story-23347749-detail/story.html

Delighted that it's a Sky Fly, which is more unique and underrated, rather than an Air Race, which is more common and overrated IMO.

903976394.jpg

I absolutely loved Nigloland's version of the ride when I went earlier this year:

Air Meeting

I first came to know of this ride type thanks to Benin's blog post, and was intrigued as to how it would ride. It's a Gerstlauer Sky Fly, and consists of individual seats mounted to a central claw, with the ability to rotate on their own axis. As the claw swings around, riders are encouraged to spin themselves through 360 degrees by maneouvering the 2 "wings" attached to the left and right of the seats. Holding the left wing down / right wing up will rock you in one direction, holding left wing up / right wing down will rock you in the other. Get enough momentum up and you can make it over the top and complete a 360. Keep your wings "fixed" in the wing position (up / down) that pushes you over the top, and you'll continue to rotate in that direction like a madman. Of the 12 guests per ride, usually 2-3 will grasp the concept and make it over the top.

Simply put, if you get the "knack" of it, Air Meeting is an absolute hoot. After a bit of practice, I got myself into such a spin on my first go that I screamed with laughter like a little girl for a good 2 minutes of ride time, to the great amusement of onlookers. My second go was too intense for even screaming - I rocked left, right, left and then BAM over the top, where I continued to spin at such a high speed that it gave me a subconjunctival haemorrhage. I don't think I've had a more intense experience on any flat ride before - and it was all my doing. Amazing!