Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

2 hours ago, tactic said:

Inferno is back up and running today according to the app. Seems like a snapped lift cable was most likely the issue with the ride.

But the influencers said it'd be closed all season because the track was cracked! Does this mean they fibbed to get Internet clout?

Wild speculation really does go unchecked these days.

On 6/30/2023 at 2:10 PM, Benin said:

But the influencers said it'd be closed all season because the track was cracked! Does this mean they fibbed to get Internet clout?

I reckon they were just psychics who got confused between Nemesis Inferno's track and Fury 325's supports.

I rode Inferno today, which was great considering that it’s still the 2023 season 😂

Three supports have had work done to them or at least had NDT work done.  It’s clear at the top of the supports are painted white. It’s visible from the exit, opposite the shop by the netting

On 6/30/2023 at 2:10 PM, Benin said:

It's common knowledge that B&M's just close for a month unexpectedly. 

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say something really positive about Nemesis Inferno. it's lack of dead spots. I was just thinking about rides of similar sizes like Talon, Flight Deck, the Batman clones and Great Bear and they all have really boring bits in them where the train is just repositioning. 

Inferno doesn't have that. Even the upper turn after the last inversion, it has some nice power to it. All hail our volcano themed queen.

I think for all the (fair) things said about the UK coaster industry, we never truly appreciate just how spoilt we are with B&M inverts.

Sure, we only have 2, but one is an absolute creme de la creme of coasters, and the other is - as you say, Mark - perhaps the best of its scale in comparison to similar rides.

I think Inferno is a really decent coaster, personally; it’s definitely grown on me over time, and often, I think I’m one of the ones who actually prefers it to the original Nemesis these days! (Although it is admittedly pretty close, and can change if I reride either)

For me, it’s intense without being excessively so, and it packs a nice sense of speed and has some good inversions. It’s also pretty smooth, too!

If pushed, I’d possibly say that it was my favourite of Thorpe’s coasters, although I’d say that it vies for that position with Stealth. I can never quite decide which one I prefer; I’ll have to make a decision when I go back to the park in September! My favourite in the past was always Swarm, and indeed, it actually spent a 2-year stint as my number 1 coaster before I rode Mako, but I’m increasingly going off that one a bit; I still enjoy it, but I’m increasingly not a fan of the vest restraints, and I’ve also found it to be getting a bit bouncy on the outer seats in particular as of late.

As for Inferno, though; it’s not a top 10 or 10/10 tier coaster for me, as inverted coasters aren’t necessarily a ride style I rate at that obscenely high level these days, but it’s definitely a top 20 coaster for me, and a solid 8/10 or 9/10. I really enjoy it; of the 5 B&M inverts I’ve ridden, I’d probably say it’s my 2nd favourite behind Montu.

I agree with this - Inferno is fab.

I don’t know if it is, but it seems to get better as time goes on as well. Really forceful for such a small ride, and you’re right, no dead spots.

I still love the little pre-lift section as well. A great start to the ride.

The theming is a little tired after all these years, but honestly it’s aged pretty well.

I know this is flogging a dead horse now but I still say “bring back the Bose bass cannons”, or at least the booming base that the station used to have all those years ago. 

I think Inferno has got to be my favourite ride at Thorpe, especially at Fright Nights.  I hope they get the red lighting and mist in the tunnel this year.

2 hours ago, Cal said:

I don’t think we’ll ever see the return of the bass cannons unfortunately - I saw somewhere the reason for this was due to the sound traveling to the local area

Do agree though would be nice if they turned the volume up in the station and the original dispatch audio made a return

The original dispatch audio has returned over the last few weeks, along with the brace yourself announcement. Then in the queue and area everything has reverted to the Jungle Imascore once again with announcements about the ride seemingly just playing on the stairs. 

Strange change TBH. It's the opposite to my preference, I liked the newer dispatch audio and old Inferno theme playing in the area.