Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

1 hour ago, StevenVig said:

The Bose Acoustic Wave Cannons are not on and have not been on for a good number of years. 

Incorrect. They are on, and in use, and have been for many years now. You may do well to check your sources before posting in future. as you presented your statement as fact when, well, it isn't.

20 hours ago, ThorpeAddict said:

Inferno music is sounding great again - The queue line is once again playing the entrance music instead of the animal sounds. Dispatch theme and station music is very loud :D

The Inferno operator now wears a headset thing, and says down the PA "All checks compete, ready for dispatch" before they dispatch every single train. Must be a new thing from either yesterday or today, as they weren't doing that on Friday.

That also happens on every ride at LEGOLAND

Inferno have had these announcements for a couple of months now, and are to ensure that the hosts are clear, as well as providing audible confirmation for the guests to hear that all safety protocols, steps and procedures have and are being followed correctly. 

First off, the reason as to why they may be doing this is because Inferno does not have proper dispatch audio like the rest of the coasters, and as I have seen it there is only one operator who does this. For the wave acoustic cannons, they were pretty much filled with dust rendering them useless, but they seem to have been cleaned up a bit.

Had to queue 60 min for a ride on Inferno today - was advertised as 35 but then they spent 15 minutes putting a second train on.

The Sound cannons definitely weren't working today, all the sound was coming out of the regular speakers and the cannons were completely silent as they were last time I came at the start of the season, they're so noticeable when they're on! The mist was all working though which was nice.

• 1 month later...

Went to Thorpe on Tuesday and found that Inferno was running rather well and faster than usual due to the heat. The loop and the last helix did cause slight pain in my head. Guessing its due to the extra amount of speed as I never usually get head pain. One let down was the tunnels lights and mist not working. The queue did reach 100 minutes on Tuesday though as quite afew schools were on the site.

They have worked in recent times, but for a good while they were worlds most expensive birds nests. I expect them to be rigged up with springwatch cameras next year.

Can just imagine the hacked off female bird in the nest when they got them working. "Make our nest here you said, it will be cosy and quiet you said"

• 1 month later...