Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

I don't think Merlin understand the words 'paint' and 'upkeep'.

To be fair at thorpe half the park has been repainted, Stealths had parts of its track repainted, Inferno has had an awful lot of work to it, Stealth had its trains repainted all for this year alone. Along with them spending a substantial amount on installing the new Park Wide Link system last year, Park audio is probably at the best its been for a good few years also.

Repainting an entire ride is a different kettle of fish mind.

To be fair at thorpe half the park has been repainted, Stealths had parts of its track repainted, Inferno has had an awful lot of work to it, Stealth had its trains repainted all for this year alone. Along with them spending a substantial amount on installing the new Park Wide Link system last year

Odd priorities Thorpe have sometimes.

To be fair at thorpe half the park has been repainted, Stealths had parts of its track repainted, Inferno has had an awful lot of work to it, Stealth had its trains repainted all for this year alone. Along with them spending a substantial amount on installing the new Park Wide Link system last year, Park audio is probably at the best its been for a good few years also.

Repainting an entire ride is a different kettle of fish mind.

And how many years have they left it rotting? (Ben when Tussaud's owned it) It seems a bit stupid to of let it get to the state it did before someone decided to paint bomb the park.

Since Merlin took over theyve been quite good at general upkeep IMO.

Things like Tidal wave pool getting repainted every year never used to happen.

Along with Park Wide Wifi and the new Queue Line systems I think the parks in a much better shape now than it has been before.

Since Merlin took over theyve been quite good at general upkeep IMO.

Things like Tidal wave pool getting repainted every year never used to happen.

Along with Park Wide Wifi and the new Queue Line systems I think the parks in a much better shape now than it has been before.

Not difficult mind...

Literally though, they need to do regular (not yearly, that's silly, but every 2/3 years) repaints on EVERYTHING... Flat rides, shops, restaurants, theming and coasters... If they can do that (goes for the other parks as well), then we can say things are better...

Presentation goes the longest way in a guest's perception...

I know it was improved this year (slightly), but seeing old photos shows how good it used to be/look.

For example why remove the coloured wood chips on the ground?

Good shout. I hadnt been on Inferno when the wood chips at the base of the lift hill and first drop were painted red, orange and yellow to make it look like lava, but looking at pictures of it, I just think a simple river of red doesnt really look like lava at all!

Before: Notice how awesome the lava looked back then?

nemesis_inferno5.jpg

After: YAWN (this was a pic during Fright Nights, but still...)

imgp4414sdm0.jpg

No lights or any mist on Inferno today :mellow:

Would just like to add how impressed I was by the team working on the ride today.

While all the other coasters had 45min+ queues Inferno was chewing through the crowds, and was a 5min queue most of the afternoon! 99% of the trains were leaving before the other got onto the transfer track.

Would just like to add how impressed I was by the team working on the ride today.

While all the other coasters had 45min+ queues Inferno was chewing through the crowds, and was a 5min queue most of the afternoon! 99% of the trains were leaving before the other got onto the transfer track.

They're not supposed to leave the station until the other one is on the brake run though is it? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still waiting to be corrected (sorry if this counts as the wrong forum-Smiler reference)

I know that they have to wait on Colossus for the train to be directly behind the station, but I don't think there is that 'rule' on Inferno & Swarm. Don't worry - what I mean is that the train in the station had left just a little while before the second train was entering the station, rather than sitting outside like you often do.

Hope it's like this tomorrow when I visit! Hopefully we can do nemmy inferno several times :)

Shame about the mist and lights though, but it's not the end of the world and the operations ovbiously made up for it.

They're not supposed to leave the station until the other one is on the brake run though is it? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still waiting to be corrected (sorry if this counts as the wrong forum-Smiler reference)

No, they can send the train before that as it can be stopped on the lift hill should the other train not make it back to the station.

It's a shame Inferno isn't run this efficiently all the time (well and the rest of the rides at Thorpe for that matter).

No, they can send the train before that as it can be stopped on the lift hill should the other train not make it back to the station.

It's a shame Inferno isn't run this efficiently all the time (well and the rest of the rides at Thorpe for that matter).

This could also apply to Chessington as well (especially in recent years). Inferno would be amazing at throughputs if the ride could use 3 trains.

Amazing operations today, had the ride running on 2 trains when it could have easily been on 1- 5 minute queue all day. Most times it had empty rows when going round, saying that the park was really empty today with no queues longer than 10 mins :D

That's because a lot of people have exams at the moment so people are revising.

Like me.

Damn you exams! :angry:

Anyway, good to hear that operations on Inferno have improved because they were quite poor at the beginning of the 2013 season.

It'll be able to leave the second the ride allows it to - it'll have a dispatch interval at some inversion I imagine, allowing the ride to be sent without the train stopping at top of the lift. Colossus has an awful block brake system (it's intamin afterall) so it has to be in the brake block before next one can be sent.

Glad to see it's going quickly though, inferno will definitely be the easiest ride to get throughputs out on.

I'm going tomorrow with Mum and 4 mates coming over from Wales. Should be quiet tomorrow then, hopefully.

Proabably will be empty but not as empty as today. Today had no queues watsoever because they had planned for a busy day to find it empty. Have a great day though :D