Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

I agree with Benin, they should be hitting the target hourly throughput from 11am to the end of the day (I say 11am because generally speaking nobody is at most of the rides until 11am). The target for Inferno is approximately 1260 per hour? I think, Ian can confirm whether I am right or wrong.

The whole point of 'hourly throughput of "insert ride here" ' is that is what it should be doing. You then have a theoretical throughput, which is usually a tad higher for example:

Colossus,

Hourly throughput -1100pph

Theoretical throughput - 1250pph

Staff should constantly be hitting hourly throughputs and targeting towards the theoretical throughput.

Expecting the staff to be able to work at full pelt the entire day is completely unrealistic.

Yes, work fast and have throughputs. That should be normal. Power hours are when they're trying their absolute best to hit the rides maximum potential - Nemesis and Air staff at towers do it rather often, usually an hour or two a day over busy periods. The rest of the time is just quick, but at a calmer pace than power hours.

I think that's utter nonsense, it's not difficult on half the rides to hit targets, unless your understaffed! When I worked on Stealth, we where understaff and managed to hit 1100 every hour for the entire day, with minor breakdowns. The only ride that is moderately difficult is Colossus, and that only takes time because of the awkward bars.

I agree with Benin,

rk1vn4.gif

Whilst I wasn't saying that staff should be powering through every hour, they shouldn't be praised for batching groups into gates and the like when that should be done anyway...

Filling up trains is part of the job description, my point has nothing to do with pushing throughputs...

Nobody said anything about working poorly the rest of the time, just merely they should always be aiming towards 1000 people an hour at a minimum rather than directing it to a single hour in the day. It's hardly hard work pulling a seat belt and restraint to see if its locked, the way some of the staff act half the time make it look like it's the most stressful work they've ever endured!

Yup. However there's a difference between doing the normal, and power hours.

Power hours are deliberately trying to hit the highest throughput possible, and it takes it out of you and requires an incredibly amount of effort to ensure the guests are getting on as quickly as possible and everythings checked quickly.

Usually there's less interaction, less emphasis put onto the guests, so whilst it's going quickly, they're not hitting the highest throughputs and somethings will then slow you down. You cannot simply go full pelt throughout entire day.

Nobody said anything about working poorly the rest of the time, just merely they should always be aiming towards 1000 people an hour at a minimum rather than directing it to a single hour in the day. It's hardly hard work pulling a seat belt and restraint to see if its locked, the way some of the staff act half the time make it look like it's the most stressful work they've ever endured!

It's more that they find it boring then they find it stressful. You are naturally interested in rides (I presume :blink: ) so have a vested interest in hitting throughputs and working hard all the time. These people living in Staines, going to College or University probably could care less that there are people queuing hours out there for a single go on the ride (I know they should care but you will always get the bad egg in a group).

Best way of motivating the staff is to do these power hours. I used to do it at Fury all the time, by essentially bribing the staff with a reward such as a round at the pub (or a nice coke for those under 18's ;) ) for the group or the person who works the hardest getting something for their efforts.

• 1 month later...

This morning the theme was so loud outside which was a nice change, and it seemed that the speakers on the lift hill was playing it as well. The mist was also on which I haven't seen since the beginning of the year. The music in the station was awful today though, think it was there fright night music but could hardly hear it, and no dispatch theme, really enjoyed it today though/

Nah they were playing the fright night theme all day in the station but it was really quiet and sort of blurry, you couldn't really like understand what it was saying which was a shame. Outside they were playing the normal theme tune really loudly, and on the lift hill too, but in the afternoon it was just nothing, but there was a different operator by then.

Mist today was fantastic. When going through the volcano the mist and lights were on and couldn't actually see where I was going! Thumbs up to nemesis inferno! Saying that saws blades were broken however swarms fire was on :)

Couldn't agree more about the mist, it was amazing today! However I didn't see the Swarms fire today during the day, unless they turned it on during the evening?

Couldn't agree more about the mist, it was amazing today! However I didn't see the Swarms fire today during the day, unless they turned it on during the evening?

It was on when it was raining in the morning. That's the only time I was near swarm! It might have broken later but the effects overall today were quite good!

Swarms fire runs on a system that if the ride breaks down in a specific way then the fire gets stopped, health and safety etc. So now an engineer comes along and fixes the ride but doesn't have to re-set it then the fire doesn't come back on. No points in re-setting the ride, making people wait even longer just for a blast of fire every now and then.

Also have the fact it's becoming cold.

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit that before this year I never really rated Nemesis Inferno very highly - however this year it really has picked up some force and speed on the majority of the layout, which is particularly noticeable near the end of the day.

Whilst still not one of my favourite coasters (and, in my opinion, not as good as Nemesis at Towers) I now really enjoy it when previously I wasn't fussed about getting on it.

Inferno is a very good coaster, it does what it does very well. It isn't by any means the best coaster out there, but it is no way near the worst. Just like Air, you either love it or hate it.

But the main thing to do when you go on these rides is enjoy them for what they are rather than how big/fast or how many G's they pull and to not rate them against each other. There are many B&M inverts I have been on and this is perfectly fine IMO. I have my preference and I would personally go on Nemesis at Alton due to the great theming and extra G's, but I know plenty of people who would rather Inferno as it is not as forceful.

• 4 months later...