Stealth

Dan_Rush

Could be all kinds of reasons. I remember seeing in a backstage Alton towers video about Rita that the cables do understandably have a certain amount of stretch in them and this is constantly monitored; maybe Thorpe have started scrutinizing their readings more and are being more cautious; I wouldn't be surprised if they were attempting to reduce wear and tear by running Stealth on a reduced throughput just so they have enough time to make sure they have a cable on site ready or even just replace the cables now (depending on when the cables were last redone).

^The fence is just to the left of the path to the sunken gardens, so you can still access them.

Operation was just like Marc described above. Still on 2 trains but yes staff were waiting a considerable amount of time before opening the gates and allowing loading. Hopefully can get back to normal speedy operations soon!

Its horrific that it could happen on Stealth

It could (and has) happened on ANY Intamin Accelerator...

However, this incidents are EXTREMELY RARE OCCURANCES and as such do not require constant fretting as the parks will naturally move to prevent these incidents from happening/preventing guest harm as much as possible...

I'm pretty sure it couldn't happen on Stealth... The newer launch coasters cable run through a runner down the launch track so when / if it snaps any metal fragments will be contained in this area and not cover the train... I guess the only way we would find out is if a cable does snap but I cant see that happening.

Also Stealths now running well again and no longer needing to wait so long between launches!

I'm pretty sure it couldn't happen on Stealth... The newer launch coasters cable run through a runner down the launch track so when / if it snaps any metal fragments will be contained in this area and not cover the train... I guess the only way we would find out is if a cable does snap but I cant see that happening.

Oh lord, tempting fate.

I'm not surprised they have opted to replace the cable. I mean we don't know how regularly they replace them but they are probably going to be extra cautious from now on considering the less powerful of their two launch coasters had the incident, they definitely don't want to risk it with one of their icon rides.

Obviously you can't put a price tag on safety but how much roughly would a new cable cost? If they the park could begin to start replacing them more regularly, more purse string pulling =[

He was pulling the cable in his hand starting at the station end going towards the end of the launch track. I couldn't tell if it was new or old as they had staff in front of the diner stopping access any nearer to the ride. and didn't see anything actually put on, just A cable being pulled.