Stealth

Dan_Rush

I wouldn't exactly say the rop looks awful. Whilst it may look a little bit better without it, it doesn't effect the impact of top hat section. When you look at Stealth, you see the height and are meant to be blown away. That's exactly what happens. Until now, I've heard no moans about the rope being there, and very very few people wonder why it's there. The only time when I find it is particularly noticeable is when it's dark, which is to colour contrast. It's not so much of a large, widespread grumble that the rope is unsightly, because to most, it isn't.

Just like to point out, the rope has been there from day one. Originally it was stored in a bag at the top of the rides platform and the bag would be released when they need it and rope would cascade down to the ground.

Which can be seen in a red bag in this image:

stealth2.jpg
Courtesy of Total Thorpe Park/Google for the image.

After a situation where the bag rusted and split causing the rope to tangle in the track it was decided to have it permantly affixed to the support and the base of the ride.

A crane or a rope/zipwire, it's a split opinion and we all know what's the cheaper option. But like I said yesterday it looks awful there all year round. The platfom at the back is hardly ever used for access!

Just because its not used when the parks open dont mean its not used, I expect engineers are up there a few times a season atleast.

According to the Live Feed, Stealth's airtime hill has had "a bit of a repaint". This would be the second time Stealth has had a 'bit of a repaint' I think...

Question is, why? I can think of a couple of Intamin rides at Thorpe which need a repaint, and Stealth isn't one of them.