Stealth

Dan_Rush

OK, I'll look when I visit, but by the sound of things it sounds like it was hardly worth it for such a small section of track.

Surely it's better to upkeep rides un-noticably every year than wait for them to get rotting and horrible before a complete overhaul?

People complain if rides are painted because it was 'unneccesary', but they 'give up' when Thorpe leave rides to rot. They really cannot win. ;)

There's this, a topic about a speed bump and a topic about going to the toilet at a theme park on several forums, it's an awful time for actual discussion...

A speed bump? Can I have a link please, I need some hot speed bump action in my life this Sunday! haha :D And people wonder why enthusiasts get a bad name :ph34r:

This is what I love about Thorpe, no matter how late into the day or quiet it is they will always try and open the ride where many other parks would have just called it a day. I saw them testing a train with no front on early afternoon which was a very odd sight and the transfer tracks seemed to be getting a good workout with all the moving of trains going on :P

I remember going to Thorpe last year on a particularly nasty, rainy day. Stealth hadn't been open due to some fault, but they opened it in the last hour of ride operation, and my brother and I managed to ride 2/3 times in the rain and lightning before it shut for the day. Loved Thorpe for letting us experience that!

I hope today's poor show is not how they expect to proceed, at one point the following rides were all down:

-Stealth

-Saw

-Slammer

-Vortex

-Rush

-Flying Fish

if anything it was nice that they didn't let too many people into the park which was good as for the rides which were operating didn't have any queues.

Was good to see the smoke make a return on Stealth, and the smell reminded me of The 5th Dimension.

YES! It is most certainly the same brand or whatever of smoke, I've never found a ride with quite the same pong until now. This is exactly the same smell as 5thD and puts me straight back on the ride in my head when I get a whiff. I even said that a the time to whoever I rode Stealth back row with yesterday as the train in front launched, it hit me straight away.

If they made a spray or candle of that smell I would certainly buy it, along with the original grape smell from the start of bubbleworks. The closest I've found to that is KA black grape drink which I buy for a sniff sometimes!

As for stealth, it really felt punchy yesterday, although that may be down to me not having been launched for 5 months. Still waiting for that rollback though.

If they made a spray or candle of that smell I would certainly buy it, along with the original grape smell from the start of bubbleworks. The closest I've found to that is KA black grape drink which I buy for a sniff sometimes!

As for stealth, it really felt punchy yesterday, although that may be down to me not having been launched for 5 months. Still waiting for that rollback though.

Haha, Stealth or old Bubbleworks scented candles, now that is an idea. You could be rich, get on Dragons Den. ;)

And waiting for that rollback. Hmm, well don't we all. But Thorpe have said there will hardly ever be a rollback anymore, due to the tweaks over the years. I'm sure it has rolled back, it's just a rarity these days. In about 2009 I was queueing and came within about 5 places of a rollback - damn! They need to accept rollbacks happen though, I know it takes a little time for the ride to reset after a rollback, but Thorpe's ride operators have never been one for extremely hard work.