Chessington General Discussion

Ash

On a weekday visit shortly after a bank holiday last year (I think it was April), I was told gate figures were down. They had only had about 500 people in - and I was told their target gate figure for the day was about 1700. I remember walking around the park seeing it so dead, thinking how I'd never seen it so quiet. Apparently it had been that quiet since the bank holiday (just over a week ago) and the audiences hadn't recovered.

Its very good for the park to reach capacity on a low key event, its in their down season and making a bit of money is going to be better for them losing money with the Zoo and theme park shut, it is good that they have opened a couple of rides, but I think it would make sense to open the indoor rides like Tomb blaster, bubble works and hocus pocus hall due to them not needing to operate in minimum temperatures. But this can only be a good thing for the park. Also I would assume that they would keep Zufari open as part of Zoo Days as they are building a path from Wanyama village, and they have thier main zoo animals I.e. Rhino and Giraffe in that area, so it would make sense.

Bubbles and Hocus Pocus are already open on Zoo Days, Half Term is being supplemented by Buccaneer and Carousel...

A year off for Seastorm then... Perhaps in the future the event might expand (Tomb and Mexicana perhaps? Those are the obvious two areas for some potential extras should the event take off on a consistent basis, this is the first Feb in a few years the weather could be considered decent)...

Zufari is a given to be open for Zoo Days once it's open...

Chessie's hit capacity two days running it seems. Wow; great stuff for Chessie.

On the other hand, the MAP FB page might want to learn the wonders of proof-reading:

For the safety and enjoyment of the adventurers already at Chessington today, we are unable to have made the decision to provide entry to any additional adventurers for the remainder of the day.

We are very sorry to those who are travelling to Chessington and will be unable to enter. We will be open for our Zoo Days, African Adventures event everyday until the 24th February.

For Passholders wanting to visit during half term, we recommend you arrive when the park opens.

Sense sentence makes. Fortunately, people get the gist..

EDIT: Seems they realised. :P

Bubbles and Hocus Pocus are already open on Zoo Days, Half Term is being supplemented by Buccaneer and Carousel...

A year off for Seastorm then... Perhaps in the future the event might expand (Tomb and Mexicana perhaps? Those are the obvious two areas for some potential extras should the event take off on a consistent basis, this is the first Feb in a few years the weather could be considered decent)...

Zufari is a given to be open for Zoo Days once it's open...

Since when was black buccaneer opening? It doesn't say on the website- if it is open I am definately hitting the park and spending a day on the awesome ship!

On the website it doesn't mention anything about buccaneer are you sure it's open?

I am not sure it is really being maintenaced probably, I went on a zoo day a couple of weeks ago and the carriages were just sitting off the rails! When I visit tomorrow, I will see if it is in the same condition and if work is actually in progress on it!

As for the zoo days, I think in future we will have to see more of the park open due to it becoming full. I don't actually understand why they cannot open tomb blaster up during the week. I think if they opened up runaway train, peaking heights, tomb blaster and a few other small rides we would be seeing more guests put through the gates and less complaints. The more space there is avalible, the more happy customers chessington have!

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion