Closed Rides

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem that thorpe have finally got their **** together, with the exception of slammer, all rides are up, and have been for the last few days. Good job! In comparison, disneyland paris currently has 9 rides down, and magic kingdom in florida has 2 rides down. Yay.

I looked on your website for the queue times and count 10 things closed but some of those things like Crush single rider, Main Street vehicles aren't really closed attractions (unless you want to send horse and cart and small cars in the way of a large parade. Captain EO doesn't even play at Paris anymore and Cinemagique has had its last performance of the day. So that leaves Big Thunder Mountain as the only ride under an unplanned closure.

It would seem that thorpe have finally got their **** together, with the exception of slammer, all rides are up, and have been for the last few days. Good job!

It has only taken them until the end of May to get the park fully open (actually, not even fully)...

Don't think that's anything to be celebrated really.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what topic to post this in, but this seems the most relevant.

It appears Thorpe are now staggering openings....

Water rides, Rocky Express, Slammer, Samurai and Angry Birds 4D will now open at 11am on weekdays. (Not sure if its the same for weekends and holidays but I'd imagine they would be open from park opening)

Today all water rides, Rocky Express, Slammer, Samurai and Angry Birds 4D will open at 11am :)

To be fair though, Towers have always done water rides at 11, Chessie don't open Falls till 12 on weekdays and the water rides are walk on most of the morning. Slammer is very rarely ready till 11 naturally, AB4D is hardly used by anyone in the week, Rocky never gets a queue and Samurai is just a lost cause. Not supporting them, but it makes sense (especially if they are short staffed or minimally staffed engineering wise then they should hopefully be able to open all the coasters on full capacity). 

Depends on how much Fastrack they're selling though...

Looking at that list of staggered openings, does anyone on here actually ride them before 11? I think the last time I rode any of those things first thing was before Colossus was being built...

Still about a third of the total attractions mind, which does provide a really bad first impression, especially as two of the attractions are prominent in Tidal Wave and Storm Surge...

Like said, I don't think it's a problem really, especially during the week. Rocky never gets a queue, Slammer struggles getting open before 11, can never get on Samurai as theres never 15 people in the area, Angry Birds 4d never has a queue, and the water rides aren't really a problem. The only one which I think may be a problem is Storm Surge, people are always on it and it always has a queue. I just hope it isn't the start of cost cutting at Thorpe, shorter opening hours etc...

Marc am I right in thinking rumba's capacity has been reduced this year? There seems to be less boats in use and the spacing between boats seems much larger ?

Even if it has, theres no way the full queue would now be 85 minutes, from half an hour :P 

Whilst staggered openings are something no one wants to see, I don't think it'll make too much on an impact on the rides mentioned as most people tend to do coasters first, very few do water rides in the mornings, Slammer & Samurai are dying plus most weekdays are pretty quiet bar school holidays and anything between late June and early September.

To be honest, I actually like this decision. Not in the sense that I think it's an improvement, but I mean staggering openings on a weekday is far from unreasonable. Its not as though they've gone and shut particularly vital rides *cough*Skyride*cough*. Closing the water rides saves an awful load of money, especially when considering that Tidal is the most expensive ride to run in the park (I think). As for the others, well that just makes sense, Angry Birds and Rocky Express are just about the least popular attractions in the park, and well Slammer and Samurai need all the rest they can get.