Closed Rides

Ash

Exactly the point everyone's missing - it got halfway up the damn hill before it e-stopped. It shouldn't have! If you suspect something's wrong, let the last train finish and then investigate it.

So what you're saying is, you would risk people Health and well-being, just so you didn't have to bother to evacuate a lift hill? Well at least now if I know you to ever be working for a theme park and operating a ride I was about to go on, I would definately not ride. It's people safety your saying thorpe should have risked, which is not an option for any operator.

Right enough of this Theme Park Bloke.In my opinion the operator did the right thing. I am a operator and I wouldn't stop it on the lift hill unless there was a problem. A call from engineers to Colossus could have happened over the radio to e-stop the ride. Anything could of happened.Enough of this now.

Enough of what? I have not started anything.People can't see here that it wasn't safe to let it get up the lift hill before letting them off. Because I certainly wouldn't let that happen. People here are turning around what I am saying. If they can't see that letting it get up the lift hill wasn't safe before hitting the emergency stop button, then that's not my fault. Surely before the despatch the ride operator must have realised something was wrong, because then the team would've realised and not let anyone load, thus evacuating the queueline. It's a bit different if it left the station and that point they realised something was wrong.It is clear it left the station and headed for the lift hill, they then hit the emergency stop button. Therefore a ride operator and other employees are responsible.

His point is that they should have let the train go all the way round instead of E-stopping it on the lift hill.

No, no, no, no, no! And this is where people are wrong. Cripes at this rate I'm gonna have to spell it out sentance for sentance, for actually what happened, and what should have happened. I'm sorry Mark, but you've seen it just like everyone else has here - completely wrong.

Right lets just make this obvious.Theme Park Bloke. We now understand you mean the train should not have left the station in the first place and then stopped on the lift hill.You have to understand everyone else are saying that maybe the ride operator was not told there was a problem until the train had already made it half way up the lift hill.I'm sure the moment the ride operator heard "Stop the ride!" he/she smashed their palm straight onto the E-stop button.

Ditto Tommy.

If they can't see that letting it get up the lift hill wasn't safe before hitting the emergency stop button

Erm, it obviously was safe because nobody was injured? Also from YOUR original post, you'd notice that the problem was on the first drop, not the lift hill? Explain why it wasnt safe to let it go up the Lift Hill?

• 3 months later...

So today Slammer, Stealth, Loggers Leap and Rumba Rapids were shut all day. Saw: The Ride and Nemesis Inferno have broken down early, Rush has also had numerous breakdowns and Colossus and Samurai opened late.Not a very good start to the main season it must be said.

Well I had a walk on the park itself today. Saw was testing after it's break down, so it should be open tomorrow. Dont hold me to that though. Samurai was looking good when I saw it, no problems there, although I am probably wrong. Queues were horrendous though, much more busier than I/anyone probably anticipated. I would say it's an average start to the season, but then again, when is any day of the season perfect? :D

Not a very good opening day ride wise but it is the first day of main season and most of the rides on the list have been shut since November so expect some problems. Hopfully things get better soon and hopfully Saw will be fine tomorrow.

I was there today, most rides I wanted to go on worked fine. X closed about 3 and was still closed when we left. Safety checks were being carried out on Rumba, but apart from that was a good day for operations.

I was there today, most rides I wanted to go on worked fine. X closed about 3 and was still closed when we left. Safety checks were being carried out on Rumba, but apart from that was a good day for operations.

Hopefully Rumba is open soon. I have missed Rumba Rapids over the close season a nice relaxing ride I think. :D

Well I had a walk on the park itself today. Saw was testing after it's break down, so it should be open tomorrow. Dont hold me to that though. Samurai was looking good when I saw it, no problems there, although I am probably wrong. Queues were horrendous though, much more busier than I/anyone probably anticipated. I would say it's an average start to the season, but then again, when is any day of the season perfect? :D

tpkabz, was it really testing? at what time?, really great if it was! What were queues like?