Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mega-Lite said:

Don't care, got the cred.

I've noticed the beautiful bastard that runs the very successful and utterly amazing Winter Wonderland build up Facebook page is dropping subtle hints about Hollenblitz.

Very exciting but if he's just being a tease I'll retract all the nice things I just said about him.

Is there a link to his page, I cant find it

9 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

So Wild Maus xxl is going to have VR this year at winter wonderland...

Information can be seen on the rides Facebook page. 

Peoples thoughts??? 

I'm chuckling to myself at the thought of experiencing those extreme turns whilst wearing a VR headset... :blink: Just...what?

Also, as I'm sure those who follow the unofficial FB page are aware - Olympia Looping is returning :D 

This had probably been asked/explained before, but why does the name change to Munich Looping?

Olympics comity get all pissy about anything and everything using or referencing the Olympic games. The showman Mr Barth has already fought them in court in Germany and won. I imagine either Winter Wonderland organisers themselves don't want the hassle from the Olympic comity or Mr Barth can't be arsed to fight them again for the right to use in England for 1 month a year.

That's what I've read anyways, it's all a bit stupid if you ask me.

Wonderful to see the return of the coaster, I look forward to experiencing it with 7 cars this time.

9 minutes ago, Mer said:

I'm excited to see they're getting a Top Scan (Whitelegg's) this year - I missed out on Chessie Samurai so I've always wanted to experience a decent, intense Top Scan

Go ride Beast at Fantasy Island, very few times in my life have I wanted a ride to end but this one WAS THAT INTENSE!

45 minutes ago, Mer said:

Lots of updates on the unofficial page so far! 

I'm excited to see they're getting a Top Scan (Whitelegg's) this year - I missed out on Chessie Samurai so I've always wanted to experience a decent, intense Top Scan :D 

I am looking forward to that as well, probably more than anything,

That said Samurai (although still not Chessie intense) has been performing well this year and I have had some intense cycles. Hopefully all it's previous issues have finally after years been resolved as this is the first season in quite a few it has not died for a prolonged amount of time, during open season.

57 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Has construction started yet?

The first deliveries are allowed to arrive on the 31st October. Although the first day is usually mainly fences, flooring panels & toilets with the odd food units & some ride loads arriving. The first week of November expect to see the main portion of rides & attractions arriving. Keep an eye on HPWW Unofficial’s Facebook page, there are daily updates of the pull on there.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Has anyone here ever down the WW charity preview night where you get an unlimited wristband for all the rides? I'm tempted to do it this year, just wondering if it's actually any good.

Yep I did it last year and got on most, but arrive at 5 to make use of the evening as they shut at 9 sharp. I worked out that I got £130 worth of rides in the time I was there including three on Munich Looping. 

Wristbands are sent in the post so no faffing in a long queue to collect them. 

I am booking with my friend on weds morning when the tickets go on sale. 

3 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

Yep I did it last year and got on most, but arrive at 5 to make use of the evening as they shut at 9 sharp. I worked out that I got £130 worth of rides in the time I was there including three on Munich Looping. 

Wristbands are sent in the post so no faffing in a long queue to collect them. 

I am booking with my friend on weds morning when the tickets go on sale. 

How much do the charity evening tickets cost?