The Smiler

th13teen

Wasn't really like that tbh - there was a LOT of focus on booking for the hotels, with all the benefits and such. They showed some rides, certainly some clips from that ad are used in this one though.

No doubt someone will get a recording of it and upload soon enough though. :P

And most people are now saying its not gonna be more inversions its only gonna be 8-10!

Who are 'most people'? I'm pretty sure they are building it according to the plans that were submitted and accepted. Any changes to the original track layout would mean renewed planning permission, as we saw with Saw: The Ride.

Who are 'most people'? I'm pretty sure they are building it according to the plans that were submitted and accepted. Any changes to the original track layout would mean renewed planning permission, as we saw with Saw: The Ride.

I think that the way Alton's planning permission works is they have a General Development Order (not entirely sure if that's right?) so that they don't actually need to apply for planning permission for any coasters in the main park, as long as they meet the pre-agreed conditions in the GDO. The planning permission was more for the construction of the station building and large theming, I think.So, in theory, it is possible that the layout we've seen on the plans could differ to the layout we get. There are a couple of things which lead people to think this is the case, such as the track crossing bits of theming / itself on the plans and the rumours that what we've got was not the original plan for SW7. Personally, I don't think the track will change dramatically / at all, but the hole for the interlocking batwing / cobra roll is a lot deeper than shown on the plans, so possibly the track is too?

There's been the rumours of the 'actual' SW7 being pushed back till SW8 due to technical issues or something, hence why we've got this unexpected coaster. I've heard rumours that trick track was meant to be involved, possibly what TT had mentioned, and then that had issues, which has resulted in the delay we've got now. Really and truly, this project is a complete mystery, and my goodness I'm loving it.. :P

Personally, I think that SW7 is the first coaster to feature invisible track, and most of the coaster has already been built... :lol:

I'm honestly not bothered if SW7 doesn't have a world first element in it, to be fair I will be glad if it doesn't! It means less downtime!

Alton don't need to build worlds first to make there rollercoasters great (Nemesis) I think SW7 can be like Thirteen in reverse, now as much as I love Thirteen its only logic to believe that the drop (worlds first) is the key element in the ride, with SW7 the ride is/should be the key element, because thats all they need, no gimmicks or worlds first, just a good thrilling rollercoaster :)

No, the original plans, plans we have never seen and the first to be tagged SW7, were for something else, probably on Air carpark and probably by B+M. The plans we've seen from Gerst replace that coz it wasn't ready or something, those original plans are likely to be revisited in the future and may well become what will be known as SW8..

So they are building to the plans we've seen called SW7. Roughly. Because the coaster plans don't have to be exact and the groundworks suggest it is at least a little different to plan. The high points, station, and large themeing objects will be as planned though, as that is what the permission was actually for.

That, in theory with a lot of (reliably sourced) speculation, is SW7 in a nutshell.

He was too focused on correcting you to understand the 'dream' of your post. Classic TPM. ;)

Not my fault in my experience a fair few people in coaster communities often need stuff spelt out for them... It's a fair assumption to make (especially regarding an old unbuilt project, you can never tell who might remember such an idea being mooted)...