THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Calm people.... I was joking, any construction doesn't happen just like that, especially as someone put a pond around Thorpe. Doesn't the track go up quicker than anything else?

RMC (the original owners) flooded the area around Thorpe, creating vast lakes so yes, it will take a while for groundwork - much more so than say, Raptor, or X-Flight, and maybe even Wild Eagle. B&M are well-known for speedy track erection, but I'd imagine they're starting with the station as supports, foundation and basic wooden panelling is in place already.

I know to you it doesnt look like much has been done but because of the wider lense things cannot be seen as clearly.Just looked in detail at the picture and going back through my memory, the picture was taken around a week ago. you will need to zoom right in to see anything interesting)Is difficult to tell anything has been done as they have concentrated on the part of the site that literally nothing has been done to as of yet.The far left hand side shows the maintenace shed outline (made of wood as a mould for the foundation pouring) and the base of the lift & tower ( the wooden bits with black bits on). If you look by the maintenance shed the square like concrete foundations will be the foundations for the station track.In left part but not the middle (towards the birdge onto the island) its impossible to see the amount of footers they have laid. But honestly they ARE there.The far right hand side doesnt show much of interest as it mainly shows whats left to be done for the other side of the ride. but it does show the back end of the station foundations (sqaure blocks) and the other end of the maintenance shed.

Thorpe need to do more groundwork than other parks anyway, otherwise the thing would sink and then what?It'll be open (for 5 minutes) in March as it's meant to... No need for twisted knickers...

They don't need to do any more groundwork, they needed to allow longer for settlement, but that's all fine as far as I'm aware and it shouldn't have any impact on the schedule.Dave

Moving back towards an "on topic" direction...Attached is a rather handy little screenshot I've saved from a Swarm update on youtube. I think this gives everyone a nice idea towards the state of play onsite, the shot was taken on the 4th.By the looks of things we should begin to see some vertical construction very soon B)Credit to "James Salter" for obtaining the shot.

post-4575-0-21731900-1315344320_thumb.jp

Wow finally some detailed (er) pictures! I like the overhead picture. Mahusive station, chunky b&m eh?Edit, I say overhead, how was this obtained?

Some sort of watch camera was on his wrist and the photo was taken quickly as Stealth reaches maximum height, so he says on the video description.....There also seems to be a multitude of videos appearing featuring numerous actors playing the "Les Coogan" role with security in tow, interacting with the GP. I have to say I'm continually impressed with how everythings going at the minute :)

I think Mark is right!!Thorpe are making a statement with the tank. I think it is important for SWARM to have the limelight but people can't forget so easily about the other main coasters. We wouldn't want people to think these other coasters are so disposable and forgetable.