THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Probably look at 1.96m as a max. restriction, like with many other rides. Not too sure though..

Oh no its been so long since I went to Thorpe Park I was 185cm then and I'm now 193cm I better not grow anymore :S On to the speed thing, I agree the ride is not slow at all remember the g forces will be exaggerated on the wing and I have bad news at 0;57 you can see leg guards on every carriage I believe.

What I love about the position of the queue and the tower is that, in that narrow little corridor all you'll be able to hear every 90 seconds is the low rumble of a B&M sex beast and then the screams of 28 people getting louder and louder before the train literally SHOOTS round the corner from nowhere and straight over your head! Ahhh :(

And aside from the noise, it just looks so intimidating! I'm actually surprised how low it seems from inside there, the design team really deserve credit for working that into the ride. That video gives a much better view in terms of perspective, and distances between things / proximity to ground, buildings ect. The lens of the video from earlier looked kinda funny to me. Those three seconds are making me more excited in a way than the 1:30 of the first video.

For anyone that does not wish to download the video, here it is uploaded to youtube. :(

It looks cracking doesn't it? It really sounds as though the ride is moaning and groaning as it swoops over the station. My only issue is- think of the sick that'll be spewed all over you as you're queueing underneath it! :P

Wow, this is pretty damn amazing... If you focus on one seat and follow it as it twists around, you will see just how pacey this twist is taken. This will be like the Colossus twists, just with more of a flip over rather than a twist. I really can't begin to imagine how amazing this is going to feel when I get to ride it.

I'd rather have a short but sweet rollercoaster like Swarm, then one that rambles on for two or three minutes doing nothing in particular (The Big One, I'm looking squarely at you).So now the roofless station becomes clear, seeing that train rolling above you is going to be yet another amazing feature of this ride. It's taken what Nemesis does so well (when you are sitting front row and see the train coming towards you and over the station) and given it a Thorpe Park twist. Wonderful stuff!

So now the roofless station becomes clear, seeing that train rolling above you is going to be yet another amazing feature of this ride.

Exactly what I was thinking, when you are inside, you will first get that sense of 'safety; from the devestation outside, and then you hear that sound and look up to see the alien up close and above you!Amazing job TP!Also, how long do you think until we hear from lez telling us the swarm has had it's first sighting?