THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

I follow someone on twitter called TPDaniel and he just posted this photo after a trip on 8/6/2011:Brace yourselves for the dirt.Posted ImageEDIT:Disagree that the image is pointless, Ian, it showed early groundwork. :lol:God sometimes this forum is taken way too seriously.

Edited by Tidal Rave
removed pointless image

Sorry to break up the fun, but didn't you delete two of Dan9 posts earlier for writing three word answers about how rubbish Thorpe is which added nothing of value to the discussion?

Edited by Sheepie
To reveal the truth! Uncover the truth!

Sorry to break up the fun, but didn't you delete two of Dan9 posts earlier for writing three word answers about how rubbish Thorpe is which added nothing of value to the discussion?

Five words :lol: And they were in fact deleted instantly.

Looks like we may have jumped the gun slightly on the track that was spotted a few weeks back - some blue B&M track with the same customer name and job number has been spotted in Kentucky, apparently headed to Dollywood. Seemingly the track we thought was ours was merely in primer and in fact intended for Dollywood and their 2012 project. Head to Screamscape for the full story and pictures.

So they painted it grey then thought oops wrong colour.............

Grey = Priming colour... You don't just paint metal with your final colour... Need a base coat, second coat and so on...I.e. People got excited about B&M track that had not been finished in the painting regard...

Just a quick point I haven't seen mentioned; last Thursday (9th May) a lot of the LC12: Uncover the truth stickers were being taken down by PR & Marketing. Spotted removing from Colossus supports and Stealth supports; easiest ones noticed now missing though are Amity Cove's sign near Rush, and the Colossus disabled entrance sign by the shop. ;)

The ones of the Amity Cove sign have progressively disappeared. Most probably due to people trying to tear them off...

What I'm trying to say is I witnessed Thorpe staff taking them down; wearing rubber gloves and spraying some liquid on them and using a scraper before scrunching them up and sticking them in a bin liner. I asked if I could have one and they said no - but they were being binned. It was as if they'd OTT'd with them or something.

What I'm trying to say is I witnessed Thorpe staff taking them down; wearing rubber gloves and spraying some liquid on them and using a scraper before scrunching them up and sticking them in a bin liner. I asked if I could have one and they said no - but they were being binned. It was as if they'd OTT'd with them or something.

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt what you're saying. I'm just saying the signs have progressively disappeared as people have torn them off. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt what you're saying. I'm just saying the signs have progressively disappeared as people have torn them off. ;)

Bloody enthusiasts desperate for some silly bit of 'exclusive' merch... ;) Probably the same people who are ripping the Fanta wall apart in Oblivion's queue...

Just going back to this idea that the B&M track we saw a few weeks back may not be Thorpe's. Now I have a little experience with metal work and priming metals before their final plasti-coat or gloss coat of paint, and in my experience, all of the primers I have ever seen or used are matt. They tend to be matt so that the final coat of paint bonds nicely to the surface. I have been looking at the pics of this track in it's military grey guise (suggested primer coat), and it is clearly gloss.I am not saying that it is categorically not primer, just that it is no primer I am familiar with and in my opinion, that track colour is the final colour. Anyway, we only have 3 months to wait and we will know!

Just going back to this idea that the B&M track we saw a few weeks back may not be Thorpe's. Now I have a little experience with metal work and priming metals before their final plasti-coat or gloss coat of paint, and in my experience, all of the primers I have ever seen or used are matt. They tend to be matt so that the final coat of paint bonds nicely to the surface. I have been looking at the pics of this track in it's military grey guise (suggested primer coat), and it is clearly gloss.I am not saying that it is categorically not primer, just that it is no primer I am familiar with and in my opinion, that track colour is the final colour. Anyway, we only have 3 months to wait and we will know!

The reason why it was suggested that the track is not for Thorpe is because the customer reference on them were the same for the ones which were heading to Dollywood. It may not be primer, but by the sounds of it that track won't be coming the the UK. As you said we will have to wait and see.

We'd be wise not to jump just because we see B&M doing things... Given we have reason to believe they are delivering projects for Thorpe, PortAventura, Park Asterix and Dollywood next year, not everything we see them doing will be LC12 related. Granted the track for Asterix is already on site, but if this goes to Dollywood it may not even be that the next batch of track we see is ours.

Or maybe it is. Maybe they forgot to order any track, and it's now delayed it by so many months or whatever :lol:

That awkward moment when.......................To quote Douglas Adams, "Don't Panic!"... I'm sure it'll be all finished for opening day next year and then break down in about 10 minutes... :D