THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

That update is slightly outdated :s So much more has happened.. The update shows nothing of what the site has looked like in the past week!The foundation crew are in and are drilling holes for the foundations, plus many of cement mixers & others things happpening including the pipes where the electrics go through have been going in this week too.Many deliveries including what looks like a big air compressor, a big motor of some kind and all the wire meshing for the foundations.

That update is slightly outdated :s So much more has happened.. The update shows nothing of what the site has looked like in the past week!The foundation crew are in and are drilling holes for the foundations, plus many of cement mixers & others things happpening including the pipes where the electrics go through have been going in this week too.Many deliveries including what looks like a big air compressor, a big motor of some kind and all the wire meshing for the foundations.

I was just posting pictures that were recently posted elsewhere seeing as there have been none so far on here

I would desperately hope that this project will break that tradition. 2004-2007 are mostly considered "the dark ages" of Tussauds/ Merlin where they added rides with very basic stylising. Saw was also at a disadvantage because over a third of the budget for the project went on buying the rights to use the Saw IP.Let us keep our fingers crossed that this investment will be traditional in terms of where the money is spent- ie; not on any intellectual properties and instead, on the ride hardware, scenic design and effects, area infrastructure and marketing.

I know I sound stupid but what rides were added between 04 - 07? I forgot ;)

I know I sound stupid but what rides were added between 04 - 07? I forgot ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think what happened in the time you asked is:
  • Samurai moved to Thorpe 2004
  • Rush and slammer opened the same year, can't remember when
Can't quite remember what else happened then :/

• 2 weeks later...

I wish people wouldn't keep saying footers have arrived - they don't really 'arrive' as such...Anyway, with reference to ^ I'm sure we will, but do you really want a photo update every 3 days when nothing is happening? Updates won't bring opening any nearer, just relax a while. Sure, come September I'll be excited as anyone but until then, calm...

The only time I've seen 'linear' near 'coaster' would be the launch system of something like Superman escape which refers to the synchronised motors powering the launch. But it is not called a 'Linear coaster', I don't think it is likely this is what it stands for.

The only time I've seen 'linear' near 'coaster' would be the launch system of something like Superman escape which refers to the synchronised motors powering the launch. But it is not called a 'Linear coaster', I don't think it is likely this is what it stands for.

Exactly, linear to me refers to coasters such as the new 4th Dimension ones, heartlines and launch car ones like Superman Escape.However, I just googled linear roller coaster and it comes up with a bunch of launch coasters such as Blue Fire, Superman Escape and LIM coasters linear' which leads me to believe that in a coaster context refers to the launch system. This would make sense as LIM means Linear Induction Motor and I can't imagine LC12 would include such.