Sea World

I went not yesterday... the day before and thoroughly enjoyed the whole park - despite the woman at the ticket gates being most offensive to my mother and myself. But I'll leave that at that.But I went for the Halloween Spooktacular! It was surprisingly good! They had free Trick or Treat stalls :blink: , Went on Kraken loads in the dark with no queue. And looked at Manta lots and lots. I was a bit dissapointed with Wild Arctic to be honest. I found it really depressing seeing all those animals in captivity and that polar bear with barely no space ... at all! And to top it all off you get a helicopter ride into the artic... and apparently walk straight out again! I mean honestly; what is that all about!?But yes, SeaWorld isn't really about the rides - Shamu; Believe was pretty darn good although Shamu had a tantrum half way through so they had to close it short with a smaller one for a quite dissapointing "finale". I also thoroughly enjoyed Journey to Atlantis, and surprisingly I didn't get wet at all by the main drop! It was the incy wincy one round the corner that got me soaked! I just thank Busch Gardens for my trusty Poncho. It's bright yellow ... just gotta love it!I can't wait to see how Manta turns out! My expectations are high!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah I was at seaworld on the 12th and happened to be there at a very special time indeed!the final piece of Manta's track was just put in place, had baloons and streamers, the lot, oh and a photo to prove it!Posted Imagebut Kraken, what a drop :) I found that I felt it more at the back than I did right at the front, an the zero g roll, way better than hulks at islands of adventure!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Kraken is my favourite rollercoaster in the world! It really is amazing and the first drop is fantastic!!!Seaworld is also home to my favourite water ride...Journey to Atlantis! Also a fantastic ride ;)Just wish Manta had've been open when I visited!!! Never mind, another excuse to go to Florida :)

Well, I'm going next year in April-Early/2nd week in May so I'll be able to tell you how good it is. As the students and kids won't be out of US schools till end of May and are back in school in March, it won't be busy at all. What with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and HRRR.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Couldnt find a topic for this. I regularly visit my sea life in Weymouth as it's 10min walk and this year we got a new log flume :blink: and the previous year about 5 flat rides such as rock 'n' roll tugboat(zamperla) Pirate ship and a mini Detonator to name a few and I wandered if any others were turning into more of a Theme Park than marine park. Also they have advertised for an unpaid junior director for a whole year to help decide the future rides and attractions, so I obiously sent on in my application. So anyway a topic to discuss Sea Life and Seal sancturies.

• 3 weeks later...

I visited the Sealife centre in Weymouth earlier this year before the Logflume opened, I kind of like the idea of mini theme park attached to it, it makes more of a day out and of course guests staying longer at the park is what the company wants ideally. If you look at the layout of the park, each attraction is in a separate building and you can walk around as you please, I think adding some rides to it doesn't really change the feel to it, as it already feels like a small walk around park. As long as they don't over do it I will be pretty happy with it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...