2013 Changes

daboywunda

I was thinking that Thorpe should install a topspin into every main 'land' in the park, each one themed (merlin standard) to the area, they would make great filler attractions and are really good fun!

*hold on while I create a poll*

An article which has taken my interest, and I have a feeling that this will be the 2013 ride. Reason for why I say this is as follows:

'KMG is currently working on a deal for a “Speed” (Booster) ride about 230-feet tall and holding 24 to 32 riders. The first unit will be delivered in 2013. Also planned for 2013 is a 230-foot Inversion that will premiere in Europe.'

Yes, I know any theme park in europe could get it but I feel that this ride suits thorpe park's target audience.

Full article: http://www.carnivalmag.com/midway-talks/2011-midway-talk/262-new-2012-and-2013-rides-from-kmg.html

Suits the market Thorpe are going for, surely?

Themed as a life raft leaving the Swarm Island to escape? Could be stuck in anywhere really.

LOL at the well 'ard men trying to stand and even jump on a Tagada in motion ;) Genuinely had no idea they moved that fast! Certainly does suit Thorpe's demographic. ;)

I noticed someone said sub terra could work? Seriously? How bad would that look that sister parks open identical rides especially when I've read nothing but bad reviews about it...

This IS Merlin after all, how many Sea-Lifes have Spider Crabs now?

And you need to read the new reviews after it's been changed, much more positive now...

If it's a Swarm extension ride then I think something like sub-terra/

with elements of Experiment 10 (being on your own) would be pretty cool.

Would love something like that but only if they can afford to/be bothered to operate it throughout the season, not only in its first year or two but for the foreseeable future.

I know many don't like the attraction, but I think the opening hours shambles of Saw Alive this year is pathetic and detracts from the good stuff the park is doing overall. We don't need anything else being run like that.

I think they should just scrap actors altogether bar-fright nights. The fact of the matter is, they're just not very good. There's only so many times you can put up with the cliche'd lunatic grunting in your ear, or the mad man running up to your face and stopping at the last minute. None of the actors in Saw have any creativity whatsoever, probably because its such a new concept. All they have to go off of is the same old stuff, or maybe they're not allowed to do anything new? Who knows... But anyone with any real appreciation of drama should agree that the scares are just cheap, and their approach is very much "people are screaming...that'll do"

I think Ex10 worked so well because the whole experience didn't rely on the actors. So if they were going to create a new "experience" attraction, they should go down the lines of creating something similar. Think Sub Terra's lifts...only you're in one 1/10th the size and you're the only one in it. You exit the lifts, then you walk through this attraction where you have to crawl, climb and jump over obstacles, while some unworldly creature watches. Replace the actors with loud noises and a few 4D effects, like the breathing of a monster on your neck as you crawl through a gap, then it slobbers down on you.

Probably waaaay of the mark here though, and it'll just be a Topspin.

• 2 weeks later...

I really do hope that this is some sort of dark ride, because Thorpe need an experience driven ride. I haven't been on Sub Terra yet, but after its new effects I've heard some positive reviews on it, so I wouldn't mind something along those lines. Of course being aimed at an older target market than Alton, it could be something really special if they pull it off right

I guess it depends on the reason why Saw Alive has experienced the closure. If it's down to lack of popularity, I guess there's a chance of a season-round Swarm maze. However, if it was costs, then, no Swarm maze (of course).

A Swarm-themed dark attraction would be my favourite option at this stage.