2013 Changes

daboywunda

The replacement of Saw Alive for a Swarm attraction (not necessarily a maze, though probably) could work with a theme of how 'The Swarm is spreading' and such. After all, we've got an attack at a theme park, and it will surely spread - an alien race isn't just going to attack one small area. Okay, not the greatest idea in terms of where the attractions are, and I personally think it is doubtful, but it is certainly feasible. As for the bolt-on ideas, I like them - if they're executed correctly. What's wrong with extending attractions to have support rides just for them? It creates greater continuity in themes; bit like having a themed land, expect just around a specific ride brand. Just as long as parks don't get too dependent on one ride's idea, I see no problem in it. As for a 2013 location, I've heard rumours the MHFS is doubtful, and it's actually somewhere else. Where, I do not know, and how true these rumours are is of course a different matter; guess it's a case of the waiting game!

I too like the idea of bolt on rides. Speaking only for Thorpe here, the park has done a pretty good job at ditching the themed areas it already has (ranger county... :wub: ) So any attempt to make some kind of brand or link between rides is great news in my books. I encourage it infact.As for the Swarm area taking the old Thorpe Belle. As cool as it sounds, I sadly doubt that would happen unless they find some way to move the former river boat over to "Swarm Island". I do wonder what will happen to the Belle after SAW Alive leaves though. (off topic) ;)

How is it different? One's a walk-through horror maze and the other is a walk-through ride experience... they're incredibly similar in terms of experience and both are bolt-on rides.If the introduction of The Swarm's bolt-on ride means that Saw Alive would be gone for good then I'm game.

Looking over other forums, and images of the plan, and stuff from here, I have a feeling that the new 2013 ride will be based where the river marquee is. I remember it was mentioned in the MTDP, that the events once held in the marquee will take place at the hotel instead. Also, on the plans which show possible locations for where the coasters would be, it says 'experience' where the marquee is. Things to back up an attraction being there is also because it's beside THE SWARM and also because there would be no use of the river marquee, since there isn't a view of a river anymore. That location is also a considered place to put a flat ride.

How is it different? One's a walk-through horror maze and the other is a walk-through ride experience... they're incredibly similar in terms of experience and both are bolt-on rides.If the introduction of The Swarm's bolt-on ride means that Saw Alive would be gone for good then I'm game.

Sub Terra is anything but a walk through... More like a 100m dash...

Well it would tie in I guess. Seeing that the firetruck is there and Relish place is loosely themed to The Swarm, it's not as if there would be one attraction, then a blank area by Depth Charge then another area with the same theme. (Kind of hard to put into words, but with the firetruck and theming at the food outlet present, the space between the two attractions will not be themed to Atlantis or left blank).As for Saw: Alive being re themed to a Swarm thing, how would that work? It's like saying a Nemesis Inferno Bolt on Attraction could be placed Next to Tidal Wave... Saw: Alive has been around for 2 years and it would hardly be worth spending the money re theming it already. The Saw Plaza is based around Saw, and what with the partnership agreements and how the ride is still being marketed a little bit, I'm sure putting a Sawrm ride there would not go down too well. As much of a great idea it is, I personally couldn't see it follow through.

As for the idea of Swarm replacing Alive, I think it could work, just won't happen. Saw Alive's hours have been cut, which either shows lack of interest or cost cutting (I don't know, nor really care that much tbh). If they replace Alive with a Swarm themed maze / attraction, then it could create a story of how 'The Swarm are spreading' (which they sorta are really) and such, which I think adds an extra dimension to the story, and would be easy to portray with TVs / audio / whatever. It would certainly be a nice addition, if they did it well.Why don't I think it will happen? Too close to Saw, too much theming would just be wasted, and it would seem pointless to keep replacing a full time maze every 2 seasons just to keep up with the latest coaster.. I think something a little bit closer to The Swarm's home - the marquee (if it does become redundant from the hotel and such..) or the larger side of the beach; both places have been outlined as potential spots for rides in the MTDP.As for the 'experience', it is possible it is the fire engine besides Depth Charge - the MTDP is hardly set in stone after all, especially for smaller things. I've always assumed the fire engine to be said experience, but meh. I'd love the idea of some bolt-on ride for Swarm. However, I won't be too fussed if we don't end up with one (or with a new ride at all really)... Anyways, it's all about the wait for Nemesis Inferno Sub Terra! :wub:

I wouldn't have thought the fire engine counts as a 'experience' rather than a piece of themeing. The MTDP and more in-depth plans recognise themeing when Thorpe intend to build extensive themeing structures, and the MTDP also outline that the "Experience" will be of similar size to a flat. Hence, I just don't see the fire engine being classed as an experience piece - there's plenty more space for something else to go there, as Jack said.

As for the idea of Swarm replacing Alive, I think it could work, just won't happen.

You might be onto something here ;-) I have heard a rumour from an ex-rides manager that something like this MAY happen. I think it's relatively likely due to the rapidly reducing demand for Saw Alive, the ending Saw contract etc.

Anyone want to see the aforementioned fence that's been put around MHFS? What a stupid question, everyone wants to! :wub:Posted Image

I asked the speaker at the ECC event on Saturday specifically about the reasoning behind this fence, and he claimed it was purely put up for aesthetic reasons, rather than as part of any new development. He did also acknowledge that the Park will now have an Aslyum-queueline issue come Fright Nights...!