Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

My review of last night!

Saw Alive

Absolutely hilarious. I thought that the intensity had been upped and it was great fun. We were at the back and my friend who was behind me got pulled out of the conga chain 3/4 of the way through the maze and was made to go through again with another group. Leaving me thinking were is he.

Cabin in the woods

Found the control room and was a bit disappointed about the controls not working/ no actor. Although the maze was still as great as always. Near to the end of the night one of the clowns had a ice cream toy and was being cheeky with it saying lick it etc and then having some rude humour but it was funny as hell but that actor with the mop hair gets me every time he is very creepy.

Asylum

Loved the new lighting and the maze was high intensity as allays I was followed for about half of it!

BWP

For my first time through I thought it was a great addition but it's queue did have some queue jumpers at the start putting us back in the queue however I thought it was great having actors chucking themselves at you. Also not knowing when the next scare was coming.

Overall a great day with around 30min queues for everything and a lot of fun. Also I know one of the directors shows is at 7:30 for those interested.

Hello Thorpe Park Maniacs! I'm hoping to carry out a survey that will be used as part of my psychology A-level, and you're participation would be really helpful! I'm looking into whether being in anticipation of a scary event, and after experiencing a scary event, affects how frightening your dreams are. If you wish to participate, please record how scary your dreams are on a scale of 1-10 (1 being not scary at all, 10 being like a never ending overnight Blair Witch stay with actors from the asylum!) on 1) the night before you go to Fright Nights, 2) the night you go to Fright Nights and 3)the night after you go to Fright Nights. The data I collect will be anonymous and will only be used as part of my coursework, and wont be shown anywhere else. I would be so grateful if you took the time to participate! If you find any mistakes with the survey, or any ways to improve it, please let me know that I can change it before I submit it for my coursework. Thank you so much to those who participate, and I hope everyone has a great time at Fright Nights! :D

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VCNVMSY

My review of Sunday the 27th INCLUDES SPOILERS

MBV

Been both ways now as went on it 2 weeks ago. Thought the tunnel way was allot better, seemed longer plus the air bag thing was quite cool. A lot of actors in there but I don't like how there is no end to it? You just sort of walk out. I suppose they could of also made it a bit longer. The cupboards you got locked in was a good idea to add time. 8.5/10

Cabin in the woods

Went on this maze twice, had to fast track it the second time because it had an hour and a half que and had to do other mazes. Didn't find the control room so was a bit disappointed :(. Was a great maze as there was actors everywhere, there was even 3 in 1 room! The bit that really got me is that 3d room, and an actor like blended in and just came out of no where haha. The second time I went on it though they were letting far to many people in there at once, trying to increase the throughput and there was just people everywhere, spoiled it really. I guess the second time you also know where the actors are going to jump out at you but was keen to find the control room, but I didn't :(First time=9/10 Seccond time= 6/10

BWP

We started queing for this around 5 to 6 and the que want all the way around loggers and we qued from about where rockys express was. They said it was going to about an hour but the que moved really quick and we got on around 20 past 6. Really good the fact that you don't have to que very long. There was about 5 actors in the whole thing including 2 in the shed at the end. It was very predictable where the actors were going to be in my opinion, good for kids I guess but even for them theirs not enough actors! 4/10

Saw Alive

First time I've been on this maze since 2011 and it was amazing! Can't really remember the last time I went on it but I think it has much improved, fast tracked this one because it also had a 90 min que but was definitely worth the 5 quid. The actors seemed to be picking on my cousin alot, at the beggining they made her click a button then send her to the back and later on they made her let go of me and she had to go like by herself for abit. It was packed with actors and all the actors were really good! 9.2/10

Asylum

Didn't get round to doing it on Sunday, purely because it had a long que and it's not my favorite, did it 2 weeks before though and it was alright I guess. Theirs no like jumps in this maze because you can see them. The only bit I really enjoy is the ending when you get chased out. 7/10

Overall though it was a really good day even though it busy, coasters around an hour and a half but died down when the mazes opened, rides around 30mins, mazes around an hour and a half but what made the day really good was being stuck on loggers leap, that was alot of fun. Got given free fast tracks for that as well.

I found the control room when I last went. Not too hard to find, but seems to be on a timer where every minute it locks. We had to wait and then it suddenly opened. There are three buttons 'light', 'sound', and 'smoke', and a TV with a camera in one of the parts of the maze, and you could control these three parts. The camera is very poor, but when I went through the second time, found the control room and went out I could definitely tell the room that we affected as it was ALOT more smoky. A bit disappointing that there weren't various rooms to control, more buttons, or a better quality camera to see how you affected the maze but a very good idea and I loved how you almost controlled part of the maze.

I remember how to get there, so if anyone wants to know feel free to PM or just reply to this :D

I found the control room when I last went. Not too hard to find, but seems to be on a timer where every minute it locks. We had to wait and then it suddenly opened. There are three buttons 'light', 'sound', and 'smoke', and a TV with a camera in one of the parts of the maze, and you could control these three parts. The camera is very poor, but when I went through the second time, found the control room and went out I could definitely tell the room that we affected as it was ALOT more smoky. A bit disappointing that there weren't various rooms to control, more buttons, or a better quality camera to see how you affected the maze but a very good idea and I loved how you almost controlled part of the maze.

I remember how to get there, so if anyone wants to know feel free to PM or just reply to this :D

How do you get there?! :D I'm going on saturday and really excited about going on it and hopefully finding it!

All you need to do is when you go into the cabin, there are five doors. Go to the first door on the right side of the wall, and you'll see the wolf's head. There is a door camouflaged into the wallpaper, go in :) Sometimes it will be shut, you just need to wait a minute or two until it unlocks (its on a timer) Enjoy :D

When I found the control room with my friend we got in and then the lights came on and an evacuation message started playing and we were told to exit so didnt actually get to do anything with the room.