Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

SO excited about fright nights! does anyone know whether it is likely to get split from your group in MBV and CITW?

MBV is very fast paced and you almost run through the maze. It is very short and I would probably say disappointing. If you are in a big group, you will get split up as you are all running through the maze however it is short so you won't be split up for long. In cabin in the woods, the member of staff at the entrance asks how many you want to go round in. I believe it's up to 4 per group going round(we were in a four) so if your in a group bigger than this you will be split up! Enjoy :D

Ok this might just be me not looking where I'm going and they may have changed it now but as you come out the exit of MBV over to the right hand side there is a big drop off the platform - it's dark and I wasn't looking and I nearly broke my ankle falling down it lol has anyone else done this unless they have covered up the gap lol

MBV a definite CITW unsure depends what the actors do or you do:)

MBV is very fast paced and you almost run through the maze. It is very short and I would probably say disappointing. If you are in a big group, you will get split up as you are all running through the maze however it is short so you won't be split up for long. In cabin in the woods, the member of staff at the entrance asks how many you want to go round in. I believe it's up to 4 per group going round(we were in a four) so if your in a group bigger than this you will be split up! Enjoy :D

Thanks! :lol: Which would you say is better? Plus has anyone on here done the blair witch overnight experience yet or plan to do it? I'm not planning on doing it but interested to know what its like :)

Thanks! :lol: Which would you say is better? Plus has anyone on here done the blair witch overnight experience yet or plan to do it? I'm not planning on doing it but interested to know what its like :)

CITW is definately better. There are loads of different routes to go and is a maze which can be done several times. I feel that MBV however is only worth doing once and is quite disappointing with not many scares and it is far too short. Make sure you go in the asylum though as that is by far the best maze!

I can't bear to see the asylum go, I really hope it doesn't. It is such a good, long maze with so many scares and all the effects and the layout just make it brilliant. The actors inside were fantastic too. If thorpe EVER get rid of this I will be so upset,fright nights will be so much worse without it. I really hope asylum does stay and hopefully it can become an all year round thing aswell! I wouldn't mind paying £5 extra in the summer to do this fantastic maze!

Got Saw Alive booked for Face it Alone on Friday! Will certainly be interesting...

Just so I've got a rough time frame in mind - 2 of us are 'Facing it Alone' in Saw; anyone have an idea when we'll both be finished by? Trying to plan about when I'll be getting home and that. :P

Can you message me once you've done it mate? X

A review of the Blair Witch camping experience is on ScareTOUR: *Potential Spoilers*

http://www.scaretouruk.com/review---blair-witch-overnight-experience---thorpe-park.html

Disappointing to hear to that it wasn't successful on its first night, but glad to hear it's being improved. I'm never a fan of actors pretending to be guests, as in my experience they've always over-acted things...

Ahh, damn. Someone has got to do a spoilerish review of Brave It Alone! I won't be doing it, as I've already been to the park.. but I really want to know what happens. Nudity in the mazes? How could that even tie in with the theme of any of them? :lol:

Damn, that's got me really curious now, but if they can't say anything I guess they can't say anything... but it's not like Thorpe is gonna hunt you down and murder you if you tell us what's in a maze? :lol:

A full review of the mazes will come tomorrow. However, just a quick couple of words - the event was very good; favourite maze was Cabin in the Woods, least favourite would be My Bloody Valentine. Blair Witch Project was disappointing. You're Next characters were fun.

I did Face it Alone. I can't - and won't - say anything about the experience itself (so PLEASE don't ask me). I imagine every experience is different anyways. But I would really recommend it to anyone who likes scare attractions - it is very full on. One quick thing - we didn't sign anything, but it was recommending for over 18s. Personally, I think anyone under 18 would struggle with it...

Ok guys, I'm not one to complain - I normally just come on here, have a nose and barely say a word. However last night was something one cannot describe. Awful just doesnt cut it.

A few pages bac I wrote a full on essay reviewing Sunday 13th, please, please read it so you can see I'm not a moaner. I loved frightnights that day. I did however say I'd compare the two days so here I go:

Friday 18th review:

Ok, so to start it was much busier than Sunday, this however didnt bother me - queing for a maze adds to the tension :-D

Saw Alive:

Again, we started with Saw Alive, as this is always the least strong maze (oh boy how we were wrong!!)

Compared to last time, this maze had upped its game! It was like thorpe had taken all the feedback from last time and acted upon it!! A good mix of lighting and smoke created an atmosphere, but left us still able to see. Actors were on top form and even filled their roles on the torture devices rather than totally relying on jump scares.

It was very good, to be honest the best I've ever seen it! Well done Thorpe :-D

So this is where it all went downhill, big time. Maybe its because I had such a good day on Sunday that nothing could compare? Who knows?

Cabin in the Woods: Spoiler Warning

So all the maze queues were minimum of 45 mins to an hour, so when we walked past cabin and discovered it was only a 10 min queue maybe we should have realised it was like that for a reason. However we loved it SO much on Sunday (again please go back and read to compare reviews!) we jumped at this chance to get on it so quickly!!

To begin with, where were the actors?! On Sunday, everyroom (except the basement and the control room, but control wasnt open Sunday) had at least one actor. We went into the first room (where you initially choose a door) and there was noone. We then went into the garden (door one) and there was noone. Oh wait! I tell a lie! There was an actor, lying down on the floor in the corner sleeping. I say sleeping, because he didnt move and didnt even seem to realise people were walking past.

We then chose door 3, to find each room we passed to contain no actors, the exeption being the room with the masks. The actor there just stood in the middle flapping his arms like a bird.

From then on things went from bad to worse. We went past the lift all the way to the tunnel only seeing one actor, who just waled over to us, screamed, then walked away. More shockingly, after the spinning tunnel, and going to the part I cant really describe other than the poorly themed corridor were the floor slopes down, before we turned the corner, we could hear 3 actors talking about what time they were finishing work. More rudely, as we walked towards them and they had to end their conversation, it was like we shouldnt have been in there. One lady turned to my partner and said "Whats the point in me being here if you're not scared? We cant scare you if we cant hea you coming!" So he replied "we cant scream and be loud if there has been noone scaring us, instead of chatting maybe one of you should have been in spinning tunnel" She then got in a huff and continued to slouch over the barrier, clearly waiting for us to leave so their chat could continue.

I'm sorry thorpe. These were the best actors you could find?! What happened to the ones from Sunday?!

So after leaving there incredibly annoyed we headed to Asylum, which is always good!

Asylum:

Now, maybe it was because we were annoyed from Cabin still, or maybe we are justified to be outraged by what happened here, I'll let you guys judge that, but prepare for a major rant here!!

We join a 45min queue and are only in it for 10 mins before something kicks off.

From what we witness, a group of people try to queue jump past some other people in the row next to us. Now I hate queue jumping, but the reaction of the people was disgusting and thorpe handled the situation really badly.

Group 1 (the original people in the queue) Group 2 (queue jumpers)

A memeber of group one starts mouthing off at group 2 but quickly turns quite aggressive. His friend in group one starts pushing the nearest memeber of group 2 and then puts her cigeratte out on his face. So close to their eye they're lucky they are now not blind.

Group 2 quickly leave the line to complain! Rightly so! Security get involved and talk to group 2 outside the line and 2 guys come into the queue to talk to group one. Obviously group 1 dont turn to them and say exactly what happened and worm their way out of it. Security dont ask anyone around them what happened and just tell group 1 off for smoking in the queue.

I'm sorry, they should have been kicked out. Yes, group 2 should not queue jump. But buring someone's face?! That is awful.

So we spent the next half hour hoping we wont get burnt before the maze gets shut because some one inside has been hit. I assume it was an actor. Security go in. 20 mins later it reopens. 10 mins after that it closes again. This time we were next in the queue so were chatting to the maze host we swore and shot off into the maze! After getting everyone out the maze and faffing for around 15mins they reopen. It was because someone was filming he maze. Let this be a lesson learnt. Dont try and secretly film, you'll get caught and hold up the whole line.

Eventually we get in the maze and are disappointed with it.

Actors not really caring. At one point an actor stopped us (I'm guessing to create a gap between us and the line infront) but just held her hand out to block the path and stood there. When we could go again she just said "ok keep moving" At least try and scare us or act or whatever. Everyone was just plodding along. Cainsaw guy was on top form though so give him everyone else's wages as a bonus!!

Blair witch:

Now I didnt personally go on this. 2 of our group abandoned Asylum to join a shorter queue when it closed temporarily. Aparently though they saw 3 actors throughout the whole walk, sadly that includes the actor in the queue line!! They were more than disappointed.

Bloody Valentine:

This was ok. Actors were good when we saw them, but were so spread out that it was like they were an endangered species and we were lucy that we saw a couple!! It did mean we could stroll along at our own pace and really look at the theming. We went into one of the "cabins" (where you got shut in during E10) and had a look around. Not sure what they looked like before as it was dark in E10 but I dont think they decorated them inside! To be honest, we wee probably not meant to just walk into one!!

Overall what a disappointment. The atmosphere on park was awful. Maybe I'm a snob but putting fags out in peoples faces is an outrage. Even moreso is Thorpe not removing these losers from the park.

Actors couldnt be bothered. This was clearly shown in Cabin when they'd rather chat than act.

I'll never do fright nights on a friday again. I left Sunday thinking Alton Towers would stuggle to beat thorpe this year. I'm going to towers next week. To be honest, they'd struggle to be any worse than Thorpe last night. If I had paid to get in I'd have asked for a refund. 3 of my group are going to write letters of complaint. Sadly, they didnt come on Sunday so are not aware of how good this event can be.

Not good thorpe.

Sorry guys for that! I do go twice in a year to compare as they are always quite inconsistant in my opinion. This just backs it up. Plus, in all the years I've gone, yesterday was the worst. Ever.

^ What on earth has happened!

I have been three times this year to FN and the actors have always been on top form (and much better than previous years), so what is going on?

My only guess is that Thorpe have made a significant number of the actors redundant, therefore the ones left are grumpy and de-motivated.

Whilst unlikely, I can't think of any other reason for the lack of actors, and the ones there being crap.

If it's like this on Sunday I will be complaining.

As for the idiots on park, they should all be ejected.

^ What on earth has happened!

I have been three times this year to FN and the actors have always been on top form (and much better than previous years), so what is going on?

My only guess is that Thorpe have made a significant number of the actors redundant, therefore the ones left are grumpy and de-motivated.

Whilst unlikely, I can't think of any other reason for the lack of actors, and the ones there being crap.

If it's like this on Sunday I will be complaining.

As for the idiots on park, they should all be ejected.

I really dont know. Like I said, I love fright nights and sunday was the best I've ever seen it. Maybe I was just very unlucky yesterday?! But sunday it was raining So much but even the roaming actors were loving it!!

To be honest I think I'm more disgusted about them not kicking the people out the park. Who wants to have bad maze experiences AND feel uncomfortable in the queue lines?!

I had a very different experience to you yesterday! All actors were energetic and plentiful (especially in Cabin), and I had no complaints about the actors. MBV had the least number of actors; it must have been about 10 in my run. BWP had a good number of actors too!

Almost like noseyelephant and I went to different events last night...

I had a very different experience to you yesterday! All actors were energetic and plentiful (especially in Cabin), and I had no complaints about the actors. MBV had the least number of actors; it must have been about 10 in my run. BWP had a good number of actors too!

Almost like noseyelephant and I went to different events last night...

I dont understand how they can be so inconsistant. Maybe its because they know people like me will go twice incase of bad experiences and they think they'll make more money ha ha!!

But seriously, had I not have gone on sunday and seen how good it can be I would have been fuming. hence why my firends who didnt come on sunday are writing letters of comlaint!!