Park Operations

Daniel.S313

I will only fastrack if the queue is longer than 40 mins. I also go on weekdays in term time so it's quieter.

If the option is there to fastrack then people will use it. Take it away and you will have massive queues and unhappy guests. If I knew fastrack wasn't avaliable on a busy day then I would be put off going. I don't mind waiting an hour but anymore takes the piss.

With fastrack you still have the massive queues except you have half the guests waltzing straight onto the ride and the other half standing around having to wait double the time for their ride. At least without fastrack the queue continually moves and everyone waits their turn equally.

When I complained to Guest Services last year about Fastrack at FN (30-40 people Fastrackers let into Experiment 10...), they wrote nothing down, said "It shouldn't be like that", then gave me 10 Fastrack tickets with no expiry date. Not exactly good...

Thorpe read these forums, and will take any criticisms seriously.

When I complained to Guest Services last year about Fastrack at FN (30-40 people Fastrackers let into Experiment 10...), they wrote nothing down, said "It shouldn't be like that", then gave me 10 Fastrack tickets with no expiry date. Not exactly good...

Thorpe read these forums, and will take any criticisms seriously.

This is hilarious, and equally, a big part of the problem across the parks... If something goes wrong, you usually get given Fastrack as a result... This doesn't help the situation any better, especially when you've literally just complained about Fastrack...

There have to be better solutions to complaints than Fastrack...

Look if it was that bad and people complained instead of moaning on a forum then something might be done - highly unlikely but surely worth a letter or email if you don't agree with it.

I have complained about it. Nothing has changed. I've done all I can to change the situation. Now I can just sit back and think 'Gee its ironic that all these people queuing five minutes for their rides are ruining everyone elses day'

Well if complaining isn't working then they obviously think fastrack works.

Of course they do. They make instant profit and have managed to make it seem that to enjoy your day, you need fastrack. Hence why people will queue immediately to buy fastrack at the beginning of the day even though the queues for the ride may be non-existant.

Of course they do. They make instant profit and have managed to make it seem that to enjoy your day, you need fastrack. Hence why people will queue immediately to buy fastrack at the beginning of the day even though the queues for the ride may be non-existant.

I personally don't queue for fastrack without assessing the queues during the day. I'll do most rides as quick as possible before it starts getting busy then only will I do fast track if I'm running out of time and have to go home...

Thorpe are making steps to lower queue times and possibly level the playing field a bit better with the Reserve and Ride initiative.

From memory they want to be a queue-less theme park in just a few years and have made steps to do that.

I agree with the fastrack = bad arguement and to an extent even disagree with Disney's free fastpass system (As it is used on attractions that don't need it which inflate standby waits that could be minimal eg Buzz Lightyear and whilst 'everyone has the opportunity to get them' some guests are more in the know and can plan their day a lot more effectively)

However, it's silly to say Thorpe aren't trying to do anything about it or don't listen to guest feedback because they have made very obvious steps in the last few months. Sure, this isn't a quick solution and fastrack may be around in it's current form for a while but they are trying.

Do they? Or do they simply copy and paste a generic corporate reply and carry on regardless?

Fastrack has been a problem for years. Complaints have been made for years. Nothing's changed for years.

Well, that's more what I think.

But we know they do read the forums and do respond to some points, so we can only assume they do take all valid points on here seriously. The thing with Fastrack is, as you say, it's been a problem for many guest for years. But obviously the top guys at Merlin (as it isn't just a Thorpe problem) believe the positives of it (primarily the profits) outweigh those negatives.

The point I was more trying to get at was that posting on here can be more than just moaning, as Thorpe will see that there are people out there who strongly dislike how Fastrack is operated.

Do they? Or do they simply copy and paste a generic corporate reply and carry on regardless?

Fastrack has been a problem for years. Complaints have been made for years. Nothing's changed for years.

IMO if fastrack was actually a Problem and by that I dont mean somthing enthusiasts just complain about, something would have most certainly changed.

When I have been at parks with people who have got whatever equivalent of Fast Track there has been, their measurement of the service has been based on how long their queue has been, not the Standby queue. I've walked through completely empty queues for many rides and people have still called the service great value because they themselves haven't had to queue.

Ergo, I believe many more people would complain if they knew the facts about these services. The worst thing by far for me is that it creates an immediate incentive for parks to reduce throughput (not saying Thorpe do this - don't hate me sassy THORPE PARK account).

IMO if fastrack was actually a Problem and by that I dont mean somthing enthusiasts just complain about, something would have most certainly changed.

Are enthusiasts the only ones who complain about it?

Of course enthusiasts are the only ones to notice the knock-on effect poorly managed Fastrack can bring to the table, what a silly comment to make Marc...

But it's not just enthusiasts who complain is it! Even if they don't voice their opinion on forums or to guest services all the time that doesn't necessarily mean they're fine with it, just that they probably don't care enough to bother with doing anything about it. Chances are the massively inflated, slow-moving queues have still made an impact on their day.

Come on Marc, you have got to admit that Thorpe do oversell Fastrack on some peak days, and it makes queueing a nightmare.

Tbh if complaints are happening at all then a problem must exist.

I will only fastrack if the queue is longer than 40 mins. I also go on weekdays in term time so it's quieter.

If the option is there to fastrack then people will use it. Take it away and you will have massive queues and unhappy guests. If I knew fastrack wasn't avaliable on a busy day then I would be put off going. I don't mind waiting an hour but anymore takes the piss.

I personally don't queue for fastrack without assessing the queues during the day. I'll do most rides as quick as possible before it starts getting busy then only will I do fast track if I'm running out of time and have to go home...

A 45 minute queue is not that much of a queue! You people using fastrack are one of the ones who are making the queue longer!

Thorpe don't over sell it more than any other park I've been to to be fair and it's managed better than some of them too.

If it was a massive problem causing masses of complaints then they would need to do somthing.

Anyway as has been said the park are trying things to improve it such as reserve n ride. Will be very interested to see how this works when it's on more than the swarm.

A 45 minute queue is not that much of a queue! You people using fastrack are one of the ones who are making the queue longer!

It is for me :-) I go TP at least 2/3 times a month and most of the time I go off peak so I don't have to use fast track. It's only on weekends or peak times when I usually avoid going in the first place!

We know that queues can be a drag but to make sure you're as informed as possible our fantastic queue champions spend the day checking and updating queue times.

They'll try and be as accurate as possible but may occasionally be a few minutes out so if you think we've got the times wrong when you're queuing why not drop us a text at 07786204032.

542238_10151887591855867_1658211952_n.jp

They started this helpline thing then. Good idea! Lets hope it makes some (much needed) improvements.