Park Operations

Daniel.S313

Benin. I was only responding to TPJames who was on a downer about this entire thing. My positive comments back to Thorpe was meant in the way that enthusiasts, at the very least welcome an increase in opening hours. Granted you had a less then perfect trip because of lack of information but I wouldn't want that to stop Thorpe going ahead with this kind of thing in the future.

I hope you did relay your comments back to Thorpe's Guest Services when you visited.

I didn't, because of the weather I just wanted to leave (after getting my £5 worth of course), I wasn't even sure if it was open since nothing else seemed to be... Although as Thorpe read these forums it would seem that some of my points might have been noted based upon reports...

I fully agree that the parks need to investigate later hours, and I do wonder how much of a success these events will be in regards to that factor, because the deadness might not be beneficial in that regard and make the park(s) think later openings aren't viable... Although CrashPad will make a significant difference to that...

Summer Nights were the best way to test it out with having limited numbers, and for a fiver, well worth the money for walk-ons on everything and a very hyped Inferno staff... But in the long run, will it make the park do later openings in the summer overall? Maybe, maybe not...

It might be worth doing a late nights week style event (in similar vein to Summer Nights) next year included with the admission and heavily advertised as that week to do a real test of it, maybe in the first week of August (so after the two week deadzone of the summer holidays)? There's definitely potential to take things forward in the future and I would think Thorpe are in the best position out of all the parks to have constant late night openings because of their location, might as well take advantage of it... Might even push them to get a proper hotel in the future...

What you said earlier makes more sense now though, there are more worrying issues at the parks than an empty trial event that involved walk-ons...

Benin. I was only responding to TPJames who was on a downer about this entire thing. My positive comments back to Thorpe was meant in the way that enthusiasts, at the very least welcome an increase in opening hours. Granted you had a less then perfect trip because of lack of information but I wouldn't want that to stop Thorpe going ahead with this kind of thing in the future.

I hope you did relay your comments back to Thorpe's Guest Services when you visited.

I am certainly not a downer on this whole thing. I think that the event was a great idea and unfortunately I did not get the chance to go. I would have loved it being a big thorpe park fan myself and hope they continue it in future. I was just saying that I thought it may have not have been as good as they wanted it to be because there were no queues at all rather than small queues(with the exclusion of the Saturday which did have small queues).

I'm also very happy about the extended opening hours as I will be visiting tomorrow and will be staying till the full 9 o clock. I hope this post does not seem rude as I do not want it to be but I'm just saying that I really like the concept and idea I was just thinking that it may not have been as successful as thorpe wanted :)

Also I do think the whole park has been better than before this year including better operations. I really do like the park this year and think it has been very successful so far!

I went to the summer nights on Saturday and it was a great event, been looking at photos of other night and it did indeed look like the busiest night but it was great fun, had a few 5-10 min queue but towards the end of the night some of the rides were totally dead. it was nice having a bit of a party atmosphere and some of the rides playing dance music. I paid £15 to go and I would go again

Park was great today! Maximum queue was 70minsish but longest I waited was an hour. Most staff were fantastic and was great to see that all rides were on two trains from the very beginning of the day. Colossus and saw opened late though due to technical difficulties.

Maximum queues got to:

Saw-70mins

Swarm-60mins

Stealth-40mins

Colossus-70mins

Tidal wave + Loggers leap- 45 mins

All other rides stayed under 30 mins for the day :)

Was a but disappointed though as there was a sign saying beach open until 9pm and we were shoved off it at 6:45pm :( vortex was great in the evening though with great music from the noise!

The park was very busy today but I still had fun (probably helped by the people I was with). Longest queues were 120 minutes for The Swarm (either way) and Storm Surge (?!) Saw and Colossus reached 90 but wouldn't be surprised if that was nearer 120 with Stealth and Inferno hovering around the hour mark. Even the family rides were busy with a 20/30 minute queue for Fish, 10 minute queue for Teacups and Banana Boat.

There were definitely a lot more families on park which was great to see and Fastrack was reasonable with no on the entrance sellers trying to force you to buy it.

Overall not a bad day and great to see the park busy.

This is why I think storm surge is a great addition to the park! Although I hate the actual ride, it seems to suck up the people and this means there are less queues for the other rides! Can't beleive it was that busy though- on Tuesday the maximum queue was 60 mins!

Its funny how busy low throughput attractions look ain't it.

Talking of "throughput", TP yesterday had over 13000 in the park again, and Stealth team were working really well, (except for one person who doesn't seem to be able to get into gear), and one hour they were one train short of the 1000 PPH, that was good, the atmosphere was good, even the wasps had "a buzz".

Oh gawd....WASPS!!! They need to get more of those wasp catcher things at Thorpe - especially around the food outlets. I was flapping around and screaming last Saturday when a herd of them (ok, slight exaggeration) came towards myself and the others I was with. I don't like killing anything (including flies or spiders) but wasps need to just naff off.