Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

Interestingly, there are also only 7 Stand-Ups in the world... All in America (compared to 3 Dive Machines in Asia) weirdly... And the last NEW one (I.e. not one of the relocated 2 since they just got refurbs really) was built in 1999... That's a long, long time...

Just came across this... http://rcdb.com/9647.htm Can't find anywhere that it was a relocated, so it seems like the odd one has popped up.

Wouldn't say this means Thorpe, or anywhere else actually, is likely to get a B&M stand up any time soon though. :P

Everybody has their likes and dislikes, and some are more vociferous in venting their opinion on others - try a ride to make your own mind up, never, never rely on another to disuade you.

Luckily we are all different physically and especially in our appreciation of a particular style of ride, which means there are not 100% of a parks visitors in the queue in front of me.

We are mostly aware that a particular ride can vary in it's comfort/discomfort due to variations in maintenance, weather and temperature, so it is worth re-riding to make ones own judgement.

Enjoy what we have gang, as you can never tell what the future brings, unless it's in a banana skin.

Point is though Josh, there was a six year gap between Hydra and Hair Raiser. Not proof that a Stand Up could become a potential ride, just proof that rides do come out of limbo.

Not saying it is at all. I thought, for some reason, Hair Raiser was a stand up, showing that one has been built after 1999.

As that's not the case, the point I was trying to make is completely void. :P

The Thorpe Park Facebook page constantly uploads pictures of other rollercoasters and rides around the world. They have done it so many times now I would assume the reason for doing so is to better interact with their Facebook fanbase if anything else.

Of course I may be wrong but a B&M hyper at Thorpe? Good luck! <_<

Maybe they can build a hyper coaster but on a smaller scale due to situations and not dwarfing the park.

A hypercoaster or megacoaster according to Intamin can mean one of two things:

Or, more narrowly:

A smaller scale hyper coaster isn't a hyper coaster!

I think the underground idea is pretty much not possible on the land Thorpe sits on, that could be wrong though? If they're going for a big one they should just do it properly and go as big as the planers allow, and use that height to get good length. I can't imagine that's what they'll go for though.

I agree that if a hyper was ever built, it would need to surpass the 200 mark purely to beat the Big One at BPB. It just goes back to the whole "you need a USP" and the most obvious one I can think of for a hyper is height. Why would Merlin be interested in installing a hyper if it isn't as impressive as the other one in England.

This isn't my personal view of what I want, I just recon it is the way Merlin work when brainstorming new rides. It must be the tallest, it must be the only one in the country, it must be the fastest etc etc. They never just go for a ride because it is a "fun experience".