Rush

Perks

Rush never has a big que anymore, its always short, and thats good coz its my fav ride, its coz so many ppl hate it.

That's a joke right?The last 5 times I've been to thorpe and Rush has been open (cue Rush reliability jokes), the queue's have been the following...60 minutes80 minutes95 minutes70 minutes50 minutes...And 2 of those times were weekdays, so yah, one of the most popular actually.

• 4 weeks later...

You know what I mean! Slammer is a people eater and sadly as fast as staff can batch Slammer, it's a fussy ride to balance, made worse by guests who 'chicken out' meaning more balancing and looking for certain number of guests to do this. Then comes the communicating with the remote operator to ensure the other side of the boom is balanced..THEN comes the akward bar checking, there is no space for ride hosts to walk along and guests hardly ever help by placing their feet out of your way, pulling their shoulder harness down too tight and asking for it to be unlocked, which finally encourages 5-6 other guests who want the same! It certainlly is a slow loader, but the ride experience makes up for that.Rush on the other hand is a dream, so easy to load and check, even quickly unlocking bars if need be. The only hassle on Rush is that theme park 'thing' where everone has to take their shoes off.. ?? If they're loose fair enough as I have seen my fair share of shoes/glasses and false teeth fly off into the Zodiac ride area and ontop the CocaCola re-fill hut!

• 2 months later...

Yeh Rush's columns do look good in black.Andy, from what I gather I don't think it will be running on Friday. If it does open at some point during the day, they will put the net back up that goes over the path between Rush and Zodiac. If that's up then it might be that they are close to opening it.

It annoys me how seemingly careless Thorpe are with Rush. They promised it opening, and I can accept if it dosn't, but when it sits there all day and there is one guy with a spanner who lazily does some bolts up, then wanders away as if he did it out of a total lack of anything else to do.If you're not going to open a ride, fair enough. If you say you're going to open it and it breaks, at least make it look like you're trying to fix it... >:[

Thats abit unfair, you can not see whats going on inside the rides arms, inside the rides compressor room etc. Also they may be awaiting a part or working on a part in the warehouse. Also Rush has been regularly testing throughout the week. The nets have been put back up now, hopefully it will be opening soon.

The reason there's a lot of fuss over Rush at the moment is because no one knows what's actually being done with it. At the end of the day, Thorpe aren't stupid, they obviously have the intention of opening it during the next few weeks leading up to the main season. Be patient, I'm sure it'll open soon enough.

I expect the park want Rush open as everyone else. The guys who work on Rush know her inside out and will be working hard to get the ride back in operation. In regards to not seeing anyone working on the ride; the PLC is capable of communicating with S&S for software downloads if they're needed and sometimes, the time difference between the UK and the USA can be a hassle. It's not always parts of the ride that can be seen, as mentioned already, the air dryers aren't in public view. However rest assured, Rush is a very popular ride and if it's remained on the website list, I expect it's due any day.