Universal Studios Japan

Benin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

POV seems to have been taken down.

The bits between the inversions look rather long and dare I say boring. I'd prefer tighter turns or small bunny hops instead of those straight sections.

Also, don't those inline twists look forceless? They are so slow.

The idea of bunny hops on a flying coaster sounds so wrong to me.  It just feels like it wouldn't work.

I see what you're saying about the second half of the ride though; it looks very different to the first half, which seems to be all about the force.  However, I think when it's open, and you've got people in the area, walking through the pathways and the like, it will feel brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's talk

db_2016_0305_NINTENDO-LOCATION1.jpg

The deal goes final Friday. The yellow is the proposed plot of land for Japan. 6 acres is rumoured which lines up with the 6 available in KidZone in Florida. 350 million dollars. 2020 is the opening year apparently. 2019 in Florida, and 20/21 for whatever small version Hollywood will get. Although, there is a rumour Comcast has changed the timetable since buying more of Japan and want Nintendo there in 2018 with Diagon in 20. Especially as opening Nintendo Land in the home of Nintendo first is more likely. So who knows, but Nintendo didn't wait around last time a deal was signed about this project, so expect something in the next week or so.

For Japan, they have anywhere up to 9 acres to play with though if they use the surrounding 4D cinemas and Space Fantasy. Endless rumours, endless hype. Let's see how this can compete with the likes of Star Wars land. 

I genuinely think this looks like a poor mans Starry Eyed Ripper. That coaster is a revelation whereas this one could do a lot more considering its size and length.

I don't want to start a fight, but I am genuinely curious as to what more they could've done for you? 

Personally I believe that the ride has almost everything needed. Fantastic speed, good use of the car type, and great interaction. The only thing I could critique is the immersion. 

So, Mark, if you designed 'the flying dinosaur' what would you have done differently? :)

I don't want to start a fight, but I am genuinely curious as to what more they could've done for you? 

Personally I believe that the ride has almost everything needed. Fantastic speed, good use of the car type, and great interaction. The only thing I could critique is the immersion. 

So, Mark, if you designed 'the flying dinosaur' what would you have done differently? :)

I'd design it more like tatsu in mind. This flyer is a massive coaster but doesn't seem to do a lot different. I particularly think its ending is a little bit uninspired. I'm probably just being really picky and would still enjoy the ride hence why I mentioned that it looks like a poor mans Starry eyed ripper. =)

• 3 weeks later...