Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Nope was going to go on one maze but some ride host on Samurai was letting 5 full rides of Fast track on then he thought better give one ride load for people with no fast track he was doing that all the time so the que ended up being about 2 and a half hours insted of an hour which is should of been. It did include a break down for 5mins. I had to leave the park at 8 so no time for a maze. :P I'm going again next Saturday so a maze then. :blink:

Nope was going to go on one maze but some ride host on Samurai was letting 5 full rides of Fast track on then he thought better give one ride load for people with no fast track he was doing that all the time so the que ended up being about 2 and a half hours insted of an hour which is should of been. It did include a break down for 5mins. I had to leave the park at 8 so no time for a maze. :P I'm going again next Saturday so a maze then. :blink:

Bloody Hell! Now tell me fastrack isn't ridiculous. How is that reducing any queues when its creating 2 and a half hours worth of queue for anyone who has the audacity not to stump up more money.Bloody disgrace.

Thats 150 people is it not?, the fastrack q must of been approaching what, Colossus entrance, maybe abit further..?I went today, was good, got on everything and all the mazes, ride reliability had improved somwhat today too although, stealth was nasty and was so close to rolling back =[

Same here, OMG cant believe I didnt see you. I was with two girls one wearing a mouldy-green rainjacket and well me, not that hard to spot.Went to the pizza place, I'd rather stick with the normal units :blink:. I felt really sick after eating the pizza and most people got full after two helpings and it's 7.79 for an adult. Not reli worth it. The big-one slice pizza in IOA is much better and has better filling.Rush 1Samurai 1Colossus 1NI 1Stealth 1Hellgate 1Cursed 1Rumba 1Hellgate, there was no person on stilts, the only slightly scary part was a lady that stood on some railings/banister on one side of a wall and when I walked past, she threw her hands against the other-side and screamed in my face. I shaked my ticktacts at her :P very gently.

Edited by Will

Pizza Place? I'd presume you mean the wonderful hugely well known brand of pizza hut? what a numpty.I went yesterday! Arrived at 11.30 and left at 6pm and got on the following rides:Mr Monkeys, Rocky Express, Teacups, Flying Fish, Quantum, X (which I queued 75mins for, well worth it!).It was incredibly busy yesterday, fastrack was stupidly oversold as per usual, and it was easy to tell that the majority of people were not having a good time.As for marc, course you dont work at a theme park but 5 rides.. 150 people.. they wouldn't all appear at once but in an almost constant stream, and would complain like mad if they queued more than 10mins for the ride. Yesterday, for samurai at least, they were loading 3 rows of fastrack to 2 rows normal queue. It was disgusting to watch!

I know I dont work in a theme park, but I'm also pretty sure that 5 entire samurai rides would not be just fastrack people. Fastrack people do and have to q more than 10 miniutes. There are new signs in fastrack q's such as stelath "Queue time from this point aprox 45 mins" etc!

If Fastrack is 45 mins wtf is the point of selling it in the first place? You buy fastrack to beat the queues.I cant stress how good value the chessie fastrack is. £7 for like 6 rides (Vampire, Bubbleworks, Fury, Dragon, Runaway Train and Tomb). Such a good deal!Wish Thorpe did something like this but obv a cheap combo deal <_<

That's exactly the problem with fastrack. It's actually a means to reduce the queuing time but its sold to guests as a beat the queues, walk straight onto the ride which creates the problem. Technically if you buy fastrack you still get on the ride much faster then the other queue. For it to even be 45 minutes, the main queue must be approaching at least 2 hours.

Thorpe needs to raise its fastrack prices, especially if it wants to continue doing what it currently already does. £5 per ride sounds reasonable, and they shouldn't do more than one ride per fastrack, or if so.. make it expensive. People will still pay high prices, and slightly less will use it.. makes queues move faster and happierish.

Went to Fright Nights for the first time on the 29th. Was packed, The average que time was 2 hours, but I got there early and waited 1 hour and 10 minutes for Colossus. Rush was a favorite, not only did I get on it twice, (once in daytime once at night) but I also met some quite interesting 15 year old girls who were full of questions that should be kept to themselves... The audio was cool apart from the bass of Stealth. I also liked seeing the Inferno tunnel lit up and full of mist.Tip: Buy fastrack for mazes at the begging of the day, they sell out quickly and the wait time for The Asylum got to 4 hours <_< No joke.I could only get on The Asylum as my fastrack was reissued. And it was fantastic! It was loud and very disorientating and full of actors covered in blood and jumping in front of you.Highlights: Walking straight onto The Asylum.Being freezing and then walking into a warm Pizza Hut and having hot Pizza.All in all, a very good day out.

• 3 months later...

I went to Thrill Chill at Thorpe Park today. Driving along the M25, I was constantly going on about getting my first rides in of the season and going on Rush ( the usual highlight of a Thorpe trip)Getting there at around 11.15, we were pleased to find a good space, and also that the park had not quite atracted lots of people yet, means we didon't have to queue long to get in.. always a good thing!.After paying, going to the toilet and getting a map, we headed for the Lost City. Intent on riding Rush, we headed in that direction only to find it shut, with not even an operator to tell us what was going on. Although it was the ride I was really looking forward to, I decided to try later and headed to Vortex.Vortex is always an awsome ride, with this time being no exception. You always get plenty of thrills, screaming and just a good feeling from going on it. I just love the feeling of being so high up.After the Vortex, we did Quantom. Not getting a chance to do it last year (it was always down when I went) plus we didon't go much because of our regular trips to Chessie and our trip to Orlando) it was nice ttoo go on something that I kind of forgot was even there.It may not be as rough as the Vortex, but I still found it fun. The feeling of having no stomach is just amazing (I know, I'm weird!).Moving in to X no way out (and stumbling in the dark), we were greetted with the usual "critical error detected" which kind of adds to the fun of the ride. Just hearing the audio really does it for me.The ride itself was amazing, I enjoyed going backwards (and stopping a couple of times) adds to the thrill!. Unusual concept too, I don't know any other backwards coasters.After that, we let my sisterr and her friend ride Colossis. Never liked this ride (think it's the 10 loops that put me off!). The rest of us just waited (a very very long time). It was a 70 minit queue.After looking at the photos and deciding not to buy them (more like my sister didon't want them) we moved to Inferno. Again, skipped this one out (never really an inferno fan!). Ended up going to the Inferno shop to buy a pick an mix (or should I say, pick and nick more like). A lot of people were just filling the buckets with sweets and leavingTime for KFC, and the old time music of WWTP in Amety Cove. We always end up singing along, guess that shows our ages!. Either that or we're very well informedFood was great, I ended up having chicken and fries... I love the chicken in KFC!.We talked about what to do next, and deciding we wanted to do Time Voyagers, we headed there.It was closed for some non aparrent reason so milled around the games for a while trying to win ourselves something (you know those things with the buzzer). Deciding not to ride Detinator either, there'd be nothing to do in octopus garden and that it was pointless going on a banana boat for a few swings, we headed back for another go on vortex.We were waiting to go on... it broke down!. My sister was getting all impatient and want another go on No way out, but I insisted on waiting for Vortex. Luckily, the problem was easily fixed and we had another awsome time on the ride!. Found it better the second time (but it just gets better and better each time you do it).After that, my parents headed back to Port Atlantis while we grabbed another go on No way out just to satisfy sis. 12 yearolds... they want everything.After that we headed back to Atlantis, had something to drink and eat (just some crisps) we left.Highlights:Vortex, Quantom, No way out,Music and general audio around the park, friendly staff and good weather.Bad parts:no Rush or Time Voyagers all day, being played a song in the parks (which I badly want and the thorpe staff won't tell me what it is!) having to wait for problems to be fixed on Vortex and no water rides (but guess that's understandable!)