2014 Season

Marc

^Definitely a project which should be put up and finished overnight.

Christ almighty. What would the guests who've never visited the park be thinking?! (probably the same as those which have visited before to be fair...)

Yesterday morning the screens were not there at all so they've done quite a good job!

It will look good when the graphics are up either side of the screen, not going to lie though can't wait to hear entrance music back :D

Yesterday morning the screens were not there at all so they've done quite a good job!

It will look good when the graphics are up either side of the screen, not going to lie though can't wait to hear entrance music back :D

Yeah I was pretty surprised to see it, last time I was there not even the brackets were up. Tonight's job is to put Slammers signage up for tomorrow ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

No they haven't done a good job. A good job would be to make it actually look good for opening.

Stop allowing for second best. They could've easily completed that entire thing overnight if they wanted to, they didn't. They ended up with an absolute hellhole of an entrance for 10,000 guests to see as their first opinion of their park.

Argh this frustrates me beyond belief.

A video on the TPM facebook page of the Entrance music back and the new Screen at the entrance. Yesterday they only had the one image (posted above) of angry birds land on the screen, so I am guessing it now changes all the time. Also yesterday I noticed there was no music at all at then entrance, which was obviously in preparation for this. It's looking, and sounding really good!

Link - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154244248545624&set=vb.283706330623&type=2&theater

By the way, the lines on the screen aren't actually there in real life, it looks really good in real life. It's just the camera, same with the image I posted yesterday.

Take your nostalgia all you want, but that music really does not suit current day Thorpe park at all...

How so?

We've got the 'Island like no other' tag line and the park are trying to create an atmosphere which feels special. Hearing the music being played makes me feel like I'm going to a magical place, builds the excitement up, and so forth. I genuinely think that listening to that music will make people think they are on an island like no other.

Even if you think it doesn't suit current-day Thorpe, surely you would agree it suits more than The Noise?

Sorry, but any theme park playing chart music is instantly rendered a cheap knock-off travelling fair - there's no sense of escapism, adventure or excitement. Why on earth would a theme park record the music in the first place? There may have been a time when it suited Thorpe (if you think that), but that time (if indeed it ever existed) is over. It just makes the place sound like any old place you can hear chart music... like on the radio in the car in the traffic jam on the way to Thorpe. How exciting.

But what are we going to discuss over closed season :o They've done the X refurb, reopened the 4D cinema and now brought back the entrance music! If they bring in a Top Spin next year and repaint Colossus future discussion will die! :(

Don't forget Canada Creek Railway!

But what are we going to discuss over closed season :o They've done the X refurb, reopened the 4D cinema and now brought back the entrance music! If they bring in a Top Spin next year and repaint Colossus future discussion will die! :(

I'm sure discussion of the hotel, the 'Thorpe should get a dark ride' and 'Will Slammer finally be closed down for good?' will replace all of those.

And no doubt a Fright Nights *This year +1*' topic will start earlier and earlier too. ;)

Sorry, but any theme park playing chart music is instantly rendered a cheap knock-off travelling fair - there's no sense of escapism, adventure or excitement. Why on earth would a theme park record the music in the first place?

1) So is Thorpe back to being a theme park now?

2) Amusement parks with chart music are fun though.