2014 Season

Marc

This ERT for AP holders is great! Got on Swarm and Stealth in the 15 minutes provided today. I think if the park is to open at 9:30 (weekends and school holidays) ERT is at 9:15, for actual 10am opening days it is between 9:30/9:45. Still great to get in and go on any ride that is ready (all rides opened on full capacity today for the 9:15 ERT.

Something I did find odd though, once the gates did open, lots of people ran to the Fastrack kiosk. Whilst I'm not against this as it keeps ride queues at a minimum for the first 30 minutes and it's at peoples free will, it just shows how the perception of Fastrack is. Those queueing could have gone to the ride/rides they were buying tickets for and done them in the first 30 minutes. And then buy Fastrack for when there really is a queue. I was there from 9:15-10:30 (to test my new car out really) and did Swarm, Stealth, Nemesis Inferno, Saw, Colossus, Rush, X, Detonator and Samurai. All the big coasters and 2 large flat rides done in just over an hour.

10173647_881703241855105_217470274601747

This is how this part of the park looked at 9:45.

10251997_881709001854529_544956039315580

You'd have thought it was a term time weekday to begin with!

This ERT for AP holders is great! Got on Swarm and Stealth in the 15 minutes provided today. I think if the park is to open at 9:30 (weekends and school holidays) ERT is at 9:15, for actual 10am opening days it is between 9:30/9:45. Still great to get in and go on any ride that is ready (all rides opened on full capacity today for the 9:15 ERT.

Something I did find odd though, once the gates did open, lots of people ran to the Fastrack kiosk. Whilst I'm not against this as it keeps ride queues at a minimum for the first 30 minutes and it's at peoples free will, it just shows how the perception of Fastrack is. Those queueing could have gone to the ride/rides they were buying tickets for and done them in the first 30 minutes. And then buy Fastrack for when there really is a queue. I was there from 9:15-10:30 (to test my new car out really) and did Swarm, Stealth, Nemesis Inferno, Saw, Colossus, Rush, X, Detonator and Samurai. All the big coasters and 2 large flat rides done in just over an hour.

10173647_881703241855105_217470274601747

This is how this part of the park looked at 9:45.

10251997_881709001854529_544956039315580

You'd have thought it was a term time weekday to begin with!

I went last week and that's what it looked like at 11am. It was weird.

As for fastrack, yes. The amount of people who queue to buy fastrack when everything has 0min queues is absolutely insane. Buy them when there are queues, you numpties.

Entrance improvements ahoy! - http://thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/10-04-2014/Entrance-Improvement-Plans

Hopefully this is the first step to a totally new entrance structure; would like to see the main ticket section given a bit of TLC soon too. :)

Looks like this is starting to happen! A friend was at the park the other day and apparently all the signs on top of the roof (day tickets here, annual pass and hotel guests here) have been removed and they are digging in front of the turnstiles

I won't judge it until it's finished, but at the moment it looks horrible.

Why can't we just have a nice entrance? That section has the potential to look really nice, but it's just been neglected.

Do you have anything good to say about anything?

To be fair, the entrance plaza/buildings is easily one of Thorpe's worst attributes...

A giant screen isnt really something that will help in particular... Especially as it's not built-in the building but plonked on top...

It's all a bit meh... Decent idea (for queuetimes/park info), but once again it's poorly executed...

It seems like anything that Thorpe add that doesn't fall in to the cliche of all things theme park, it instantly makes it a write off.

There is more than one way to create escapism, and at the moment, their target of becoming a modern, sleek park is probably the most creative thing going on in the industry right now.

Yeah, things like this aren't exactly top class, but the park is HUGE. You can't just reinvent the park overnight. The crooked foundations run far too deep. Merlin are clearly actually investing some money and interest into changing their ways, but it's gonna take time for changes like this to make sense in the bigger picture, in my opinion.

Yeah, things like this aren't exactly top class, but the park is HUGE. You can't just reinvent the park overnight. The crooked foundations run far too deep. Merlin are clearly actually investing some money and interest into changing their ways, but it's gonna take time for changes like this to make sense in the bigger picture, in my opinion.

I think you and I have been going to different parks...

It seems like anything that Thorpe add that doesn't fall in to the cliche of all things theme park, it instantly makes it a write off.

There is more than one way to create escapism, and at the moment, their target of becoming a modern, sleek park is probably the most creative thing going on in the industry right now.

Not really, when there are a fair few amusement parks around the world with giant screens on their entrances... I wouldn't call this exactly being creative, more going for the complete opposite view of the park in comparison to the chav filled dump it had become...

It won't change overnight that is correct, but is sticking a giant TV in front of the entrance building answering any underlying issues with the park? Seems that the priorities of fixing the park up are rather askew...

They're turning the park into more and more of a styled park, more like Blackpool.

Sure it looks.. clean.. and sleek.. but it's not theme park in any shape or form. It's exactly what BPB have been doing the past few years. I hate how every area looks the same due to this signage nowadays.

They're turning the park into more and more of a styled park, more like Blackpool.

Sure it looks.. clean.. and sleek.. but it's not theme park in any shape or form. It's exactly what BPB have been doing the past few years. I hate how every area looks the same due to this signage nowadays.

The difference is that BPB do it properly, I don't call sticking a massive TV screen over the entrance stylish.

What signage are you expecting around the park? All coasters have their own logo, which is displayed on the signs.