2014 Season

Marc

One repocussion of getting rid of charged parking, though, is that Premium MAP holders lose out on a perk, and some may feel they're benefitting less from getting one.

In reality, it's stupid I know, but it has to be remembered that charged parking is something that Merlin use to their advantage. Getting rid of it means Merlin have to make slight changes to accommodate it, and that's just something I can't see happening

One repocussion of getting rid of charged parking, though, is that Premium MAP holders lose out on a perk, and some may feel they're benefitting less from getting one.

In reality, it's stupid I know, but it has to be remembered that charged parking is something that Merlin use to their advantage. Getting rid of it means Merlin have to make slight changes to accommodate it, and that's just something I can't see happening

But at the same time, they would be 'saving' more per visit against the higher entry price rather than the car parking cost. Same money!

That would be good as I don't think there should be standard and premium passes anyway! :lol:

An "annual pass" should just be an "annual pass."

The new sign here doesn't fit in at all - then again I don't think that the interior decoration of the dome really fits in.

Why is it themed to Atlantis?

It's always been themed to Atlantis, right form the word go. To retheme its interior would be a seriously big job, and probably would cost a fair bit I would imagine.

It hasn't always been themed to Atlantis; when the park first opened, I believe it was rather generic and normal.

The Atlantis theme is quite dated now. I think the Dome in general needs a good amount of attention; it's a focal point when you enter, and is used for events quite frequently. It deserves it really.

Still, nice to them putting the branding out through-and-through; baby steps, ey?

I've always thought it could look great if it was styled to a surfer style theme.

Modern looking, stripping away all that dated Atlantis style facade, replaced with a symmetrical formation of giant surfboards around the dome, large TV screens could be installed between them, the surrounding shops would easily fit in with this theme.

It could also extend onto Depth Charge and Neptune's Kingdom.